Saturday, December 31, 2011

Questions About How To Roast Pumpkin Seeds

William asks…

What is the quickest and easiest way to roast pumpkin seeds?

I bought some pre-hulled pumpkin seeds and the package suggested roasting them. How can I roast the seeds?

admin answers:

The easiest way is to use a pre-seasoned cast iron skillet or non-stick skillet on the stove top with the temperature set to med-high. Stir frequently until roasted to the desired degree of preference. Be cautious not to burn them and remember to stir. Adding oil is not necessary. And, if you are going to salt them do it immediately upon removal from the pan. The seeds will still be hot and the salt will stick better to the natural oils in the seeds. Pulsing table salt in a spice grinder, coffee grinder or food processor makes the salt finer and better for this application.

Sandy asks…

How Long Does It Take To Roast Pumpkin Seeds In A Toaster-Oven? And How Do I Salt Them?

I have pumpkin seeds all ready to be toasted, but I don't know how long to toast them in my toaster-oven. And I also don't know how to salt them.

admin answers:

Clean them up then soak in heavy salt water for about 30 minutes, then put on a edged cookie sheet spread them out and add just enough of that heavily salted water, to cover bottom of pan, then cook at 225/250 until water is gone, then for about 15/ 30 minutes after that, let cool then eat! (not the shells thought) lol

Lizzie asks…

How do you roast pumpkin seeds?

My little sister is curious about roasted pumpkin seeds. can you tell me how to fix them?

admin answers:

Just put it into the oven??with some oil

Nancy asks…

How to roast pumpkin seeds fresh out of the pumpkin?

I know you salt them and put them in the oven but for how long.

admin answers:

325 for 15 minutes. I like to add a little garlic powder along with the salt.

Susan asks…

I want to roast pumpkin seeds but I don't know how... advice please?

I just carved my halloween pumpkin and I want to roast the seeds in my oven. I already cleaned all the stringies off and rinsed them off really well. What temperature do I put the oven at and can I season them before I put them in the oven? How long do I roast them for? Do I have to put it really close to the heat source, like the very top rack? Please help! Thanks!

admin answers:

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

INGREDIENTS

* 2 cups pumpkin seeds
* 5 teaspoons butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

SERVINGS 8
CATEGORY Lower Fat
METHOD Baked
PREP 10 min.
COOK 45 min.
TOTAL 55 min.

DIRECTIONS

In a bowl, toss pumpkin seeds with butter and Worcestershire sauce. Combine the sugar, salt, garlic powder and cayenne; sprinkle over seeds and toss to coat.
Line a 15-in. X 10-in. X 1-in. Baking pan with foil; coat the foil with nonstick cooking spray. Spread seeds in pan. Bake at 250° for 45-60 minutes or until seeds are dry and lightly browned, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.

Enjoy!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment