Saturday, April 7, 2012

Questions About How To Block A Phone Number Comcast

Donald asks…

how to block a phone number on comcast?

someone calling that I don't want to call.

admin answers:

Call Screening is *60 then go through the setup prompts

Mary asks…

blocking a specific phone number on the comcast phone system?

does anyone know how to block a specific number from being able to call you on the comcast landline phone system? and if you can ~ does the person you blocked know that they have been blocked from calling you?

admin answers:

My best advice is to visit Walmart and pick up a Zapper.
Every time a number calls you that you dont' want to answer, just push a button on the box and the box won't allow the call to come through from that number ever again.

Chris asks…

On comcast phone service how do you block someone's number from calling you?

I used to know how to do this, or how to at least find it on their web site, but now I can't find it. Also, this will be the first time that I am blocking a CELL phone number....that shouldn't matter right??
Thanks for the instructions!

admin answers:

What is Call Screening and how do I use it with my Comcast Digital Voice® service?
When you don't want to be interrupted by certain callers, Call Screening allows you to create a list of up to 12 numbers that will receive an announcement indicating you re not presently accepting calls.

To use Call Screening:

Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
Press *60.
A menu of options will guide you in managing this feature. The prompts will enable you to activate and deactivate the feature as well as add, delete, or review the numbers on your list.
To cancel Call Screening:

Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
Press *80.
When prompted press 3 to turn the feature off.
Note: When creating your list, enter the area code plus the 7 digit number for both local and domestic long-distance numbers.

John asks…

How Do I Block A Number From My Home Phone?

I have Comcast phone service ( not sure if it makes a difference ), and I am trying to block a number from my land line phone. I know it's *....something....
Help!

admin answers:

Mine was star 60 on my phone but I would phone your telephone company and get the correct information for your phone.

Nancy asks…

Is there a way to block your number to private when calling a comcast number who has blocked you?

My friend who moved out of state has comcast landline. Her husband blocked her friends from calling including me. when I call dailing *67 from my phone, which is AT&T, which usually successfully blocks it from showing, I still get the message the the person chooses not to receive my call, therefore it is still recognizing my number. I need to call because when she does call me and asks me to return the call, I can't! sometimes I miss her by a few minutes. She is technically challenged, plus probably not willing to unblock what her husband did. I just don't understand how it recognizes my number even when I block it.

admin answers:

The phone/cable company doesn't use CID to block a call, so it already knows your number when you call. Block is block. However, you could trick the system by using a "prank calling" device.

A search engine ought to give you ideas. Http://www.google.com/search?q=caller+id+changer&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLL_en

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment