Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Questions About How To Insert A Tampon Diagram

Steven asks…

I just can't insert a tampon-it hurts please help! :(?

Okay, so i know this is probably a very common question but hopefully i'll get some help, because i would really like it right now.
I started my period 2 years ago this december and back then i used to go swimming every friday, on my first period i skipped it, the next time my mum recommended that i used a tampon instead of sanitary towels which i was using as i would be able to swim whilst on my period.
I read the little booklet about how to insert the tampon etc, but when i tried i just couldn't insert it. I looked at diagrams etc so i knew exactly where i was supposed to insert it, but it just wouldn't go in. i think the maximum i got it in was about 3/4cm max. It hurt when i tried to insert it too, which probably prevented me attempting to put it in further. So 2ish years down the line, i was beginning to get pretty annoyed with using sanitary towels so on my last period i attempted again to insert a tampon. The same thing, unfortunately happened again, the thing is i was sure i was inserting at the right angle etc, and now i'm getting pretty worried that something is wrong :( (i was relaxed when attempting to insert the tampon, or so i'm pretty sure)
Its coming up to my period again, (in a couple of days actually) and i would just really like to be able to wear tampons instead of sanitary towels, it'd make me feel so much more comfortable at school as well. Can someone please tell me where i'm going wrong and what i can possibly do. Any help would be gratefully received, as this is beginning to get me down.
Oh and please don't post sarcastic comments etc, its pretty much a waste of time.
Thank-you!
x
sorry, i didnt realise i'd wrote so much!
(:
also, when i tried last it felt like there was some kind of barrier preventing the tampon going any further, is this because i am inserting it at the wrong angle or should i keep pushing it in? :S

admin answers:

Right I'll try and put it simply lol.
Buy a applicator tampon - much easier (or so I hear since I've never used a non-applicator tampon)
Put lubricant on it
Put you're foot on the toilet seat and lean forward slightly so your bum is pointing out slightly.
Relax your muscles as if you are going to poo.
Push the tampon in.
If it feels like it's hit the 'barrier' you describe, change the direction whilst pushing or twist it slightly. Make sure it is pointing to your back. Just keep pushing it in and I think it'll align.
Obviously, I'm not an expert so you may want to talk to your nurse at school or something. Good luck!

Carol asks…

how to insert a tampon correctly?

okay, i'm FREAKING confused! When you're about to insert the tampon, does the plastic part holding the cotton stuff the picks up the blood go INSIDE or OUTSIDE your vagina? The diagrams i saw showed it going in, but someone said it stays out. Please tell me!!!

admin answers:

You can see and read all steps how insert tampon correctly - below

William asks…

(Girls only) where do you insert a tampon?

Im 15 and just started yesterday,so im new to it all. Ive used panty liners for discharge so im used to whereing thin pads, but im doing work experience today till friday and it is really uncomfortable to where a super absorbent pad when there is no propper place to to change it, i did change it today, only it took ages cos the toilet is in the storage room. Anyway the real embarassing bit came when i was riding home, the pad was so full off blood, that it got onto the back of my JEANS!!!!! i dont want another thing like that again, and I know that cos i just started there is the most blood, but to the point how do you insert a tampon properly coz ive tride 3 times now and i dont know how to insert it correctly.(and im waisting my mums tampons)
Im a virgin if that helps, and any anatomy diagrams would help
thanks in advance :)

admin answers:

Yes she still will be a virgin, she may break her hymen but she will be a virgin until she has actual intercourse. When I first started using them I found the instruction that came in the box to be very helpful, there is even a diagram.

Maria asks…

Can't insert a tampon! Help?

I'm 14 and on day 2 of my first period. I hate pads, and my mom went over how to use a tampon, and then left me to figure it out. But I can't do it! It doesn't go in even a milimeter! I've tried everything: different positions, smaller sizes, lubrication on the tampon... Nothing works. I've looked in the mirror and I honestly cannot find the hole it's supposed to go in. I just don't see it. I know it's gotta be there because I have my period. I've compared myself to diagrams and pictures, I know exactly where it's supposed to be, but on myself, there's no hole there. Nothing. I don't know what's wrong!
I'm ok with using a pad if it's my only option. Just worried that this isn't normal.

admin answers:

I've used tampons since the first day of my period. Feeling with your fingers helps alot but if you still can't do it ask your Mum for help, don't be emarassed, she's been there, done that ...

Joseph asks…

How do you insert a tampon?

Hey, there! I'm 15 and I just got my period about a year ago? I've been using pads, but I've decided to try a tampon. I can't do it. I've tried atleast five times, and I've read the little instruction sheet thing with the diagrams, and everything. (I'm using Playtex, or rather, trying to.) I can find the hole, but I get confused about how far to push it in, and the direction. It says lower-back, but it never works for me. :( When I think I've got it, I try to push in the part with the string...and well, that's when I say ouch. My hole I can find easily. I mean seriously, it's the one 'bleeding'. But it just seems too small for anything to fit in there. It's impossible..but please. Someone help!
Maybe it's because I freak out. I start sweating a lot, and feeling really..icky.

admin answers:

Okay, well obviousley its the bleeding hole lol.
So before you do anything, you need to relax! Just breathe and lossen your vag muscles:) make sure your using the right size too, since you just starting, try light ones or juniors. Also, its good to start when your period flow id heavy so you know you won't be dry lol. If you want, you can put some lube/water on the tip of the tampon so it doesn't feel so dry.
Kay so first, you push it in towards your upper back and if it hurts, then your not going at the right angle. Theres always a way that will be easy to put it in and it won't hurt, you just haven't found it yet! Wiggle the applictor around when your doing it, and try to find the right angle. :)
when you do find it, push the applicator up all the way it can go. Not the bottom part that you push in, but the part where your holding on to.make sure its pushed in so your fingers can just touch your body. Then you push the, well, pushing part, into your body out of the applicator, and it shouldn't hurt! Be sure to twist the applicator as your pulling it out of you so it doesn't pull the tampon back with it.
It might take a few trys but you'll get it eventually :)
and if everything works out, you won't feel it. Just remember to take it out after 4-6 hours! But you probably won't forget because you'll be thinking about it alot. I know i was lol.
Good luck!:)

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment