Monday, April 2, 2012

Questions About How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs

Thomas asks…

How to discreetly get rid of bed bugs?

My wife and I live with the inlaws in S.E Asia, the house is normally immaculate. Our bed room is very small with a great deal of books and papers - she has a lot of clothes and little things everywhere. I picked up my book which is right next to the bed at night to see 3 of these little buggers run out from the pages - I squished them on sight! We've pulled the bed from the wall and thouroughly vacuumed it and the walls and crevices, tomorrow we plan to put all of the books and clothes in plastic bags with the hopes that if there are any more bed bugs - they will die in the plastic bags!

We really don't want to alert her mam as she WILL respond badly and look for someone to blame - so we'd prefer to get rid of these things without her knowing (or) if she were to find them herslef and we could just play dumb and be surprised!

They haven't really bit us all that much - we seldom have any bites do you think that this meens that there aren't so many bugs at this stage?

admin answers:

I read the other answers, and was surprised. Use a pesticide for goodness sake and clean up the mess. Wash linens in hot water, vacumn the matresses after the pesticide. Good luck. The sooner you address this problem the better. Do you know what all this critters can do to you? Infections leading to staphs gane-green. I hope you don't have kids sleeping in that house. They are most likely in all beds and around the whole house. You CAN SEE THEM WITH THE NAKED EYE.

Maria asks…

How to get rid of bed bugs?

Hey all,

Recently when I go to bed, I get these sharp painful bites over my body from bed bugs. They have become a major annoyance and I've tried changing my bed and blanket sheets to no avail.

What can I do to get rid of these bugs in my bed? Your responses will be of a great help to me.
Do they also live inside blankets? Because one time I covered the top of my mattress with cling wrap and still got bites (though much less).

admin answers:

From my past experiences, what I would do is remove all your sheets and wash them or least soak them in hot water. This helps to kill the bed bugs lurking inside your sheets.

Next you have to tackle those that are hiding in your bed. You need not throw the whole bed away but you do have to take the measures to getting rid of bed bugs before you sleep on them again.

What I suggest is this: Take a sharp pointed object or a needle and run the sharp tip through the inner seams along the corners of the mattress. Once you see the bed bugs crawling out from their hiding places crush them to kill them.

Continue this process until you have covered all 4 corners and the flip side of the mattress too. Then take the whole mattress out into the sun for a couple of hours making sure it gets to bask in the hot sunshine.

Vacuum the bed frame and floor board under the bed frame to eliminate any remaining bed bugs while waiting for the mattress to finish its sun baking session.

This should help eliminate the bed bugs that have infested in you bed. Spraying a little of the bed bugs eliminator will now help to prevent them from returning to haunt you in your sleep again.

As for your bed bugs bites, try to keep cool in the next couple of days until the itch subsides else it will only aggravate the itchiness you experience.

Charles asks…

How do you get rid of bed bugs and chiggers?

A friend of mine told me that he saw on "Animal Planet" that you have to pump hot air over 150 degrees into your house to get rid of bed bugs. Is there some other way to get rid of chiggers and bed bugs who somehow got into your house?

admin answers:

Chiggers are easy to get rid of. You can get foggers at Wal Mart or Home improvement stores. But, bed buggs don't respond to foggers and insecticides that eliminate bedbugs were banned some 40 years ago. The new treatment is to put high temp heaters in your house and heat everything to 140 F. This kills the bedbugs as well as their eggs. There is a growing epidemic. For people who live in high risk areas like New York it is not recommended that you go where people spend a lot of time. Like movie theaters.

Joseph asks…

How do I get rid of bed bugs out of a futon mattress?

My fiance's old roommate gave him a futon and the mattress has bed bugs. How can we get rid of them without just having to throw the mattress away?

admin answers:

Throw it out. The only type of chemical that controls them is pyrethrin, but it may not penetrate the fouton deeply enough to kill the bedbugs. Meanwhile, the bugs may get into your sofa or chairs. A few years ago my next door neighbor bought an infested mattress and the little critters got into my apartment. I had an exterminator come several times to spray my apartment and my mattress, but these bugs are very tough and the pyrethrin did not kill them. I had to throw out the mattress. I also didn't want to sleep on a mattress that was covered with insecticide. My neighbor threw out her mattress too. She was bitten so badly that she had to go to the doctor several times. The whole incident was so disgusting that I can barely write about it without feeling sick! Throw it out.

Sandy asks…

How can you get rid of bed bugs?

I'm itching in my bed and was wondering how to get rid of mites and other bed bugs. Do they sell a spray to get rid of them?

admin answers:

Use a sponge and a little soap. Make sure you scrub hard. Or buy a bed sheet

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment