Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Questions About How To Answer Interview Questions About Why Should I Hire You

Betty asks…

How to answer the question 'Why should we hire you?' in a job interview?

Today I applied for a job at a store and got called for an interview on the same day. My interview is scheduled to be at 1pm on Wednesday of this week. Problem is that I have no clue what to say if they were to ask,"Why should we hire you?". This is my first interview at a clothing store and would also be my first job. I've researched this question but a lot say that I should research about the store first. The store I applied for a job with is one of those small clothing stores at a mall and upon searching it, I found nothing. The name of the clothing store is called Choice. Also,what if they ask,"what can you do for this company?" if i have no information on it? what other questions would they ask?how do i prepare for this interview?

admin answers:

I assume by your application and/or resume that they'll already know this is your first job. Since that is lacking it comes down to showing confidence and talking about your skills, dedication, honesty, hard working, etc. Do you have business or fashion knowledge from school? Good grades? Those should be highlighted in your answer to show your skills. As far as the company goes, a good line is something to the extent that you, or a friend, have been a customer in the past and admire the customer service and quality of their clothing making it a desirable place to work.

Michael asks…

How should I answer. Why should we hire you?

I was reviewing job interview questions and I came across this..I thought about it but don't really have a good answer to that question

admin answers:

Easy:
"I fit all your requirements (as set out in the advertisement), have the necessary skills and experience to do the job. I have a clean disciplinary records and my previous employers will tell you about the positive contributions I have made. I know that I am one of ten people shortlisted, and cannot really comment why I will be better than anyone of them. However, I know this company (employer) and have researched the position I applied for. I am sure that I will be happy in my new environment and enjoy the work."
Note: The employment interview is a negotiation process. They need your elbow grease and mind power and you need their money and training (experience). In other words, the interview is a give-and-take. Make sure that you are armed with 4 questions if they afford you an opportunity.

Sandra asks…

I really need some help on this interview question.. "Why should Disneyland hire you?"?

I have little experience in the job world. (mainly done domestic jobs & volunteer work) It amazes me that I was able to get an interview in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I am more than able to do the position I applied for but this is my first personal interview and I can answer just about any question thrown at me except this one.. any tips on how to answer this would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your time :)

admin answers:

Try re-wording it. "Why are you applying for this position at Disneyland instead of somewhere else?" Perhaps it is your childhood love of Disneyland, the fact someone made the magic real for you on a visit and you wish to do the same for someone else, etc.

Ken asks…

How should I answer these job interview questions?

Not sure exactly what they'll ask but if they ask these questions how should I answer?

What is your biggest stregnth?

Why should I hire you?

Skills that would make you good at this job?


And are these answers okay for other questions? if not what changes would you make??


Past employments?
This is my first real job but I've done alot of volunteer work and babysitting.

Biggest weakness?
Right now my biggest weakness is probably my lack of experience.

Why do you want this job?
I think having a job would be a great way for me to learn more responsibility plus I need the money.

Do you think i should cut out the money part or does it sound fake if i just say the part about "learning responsibility"
oNe more:


Where do you see yourself in ten years?


(idont' know what to say cuz im not really sure)

admin answers:

I would cut out the part about needing the money as it is ibvious and does not need to be stated. I think your answer to the weakness question is good but I would add something like "my greatest weakness is inexperience but I plan on fixing that by getting this job". Good luck!

Donald asks…

10 PNTS B.A! ASAP ..HELP PLEASE HOW TO ANSWER INTERViEW QUESTIONS .. ITS AT ONE TODAY SO HURRY!

i dont know what to say when they ask me things like

why should i hire you?

tell me about yourself?

and what other questions are they going to ask?

its just an interveiw at sonic [fast food] and im only in highschool
i just turned 16

i just need questions and [the best] answers!

plz help me out!! thanks!
I need like straight answers like
what 'exactly' do i say to answer these questions

admin answers:

Answer everything how it is!! Be your self and always make eye contact and smile and dont let them see ya sweat

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment