Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Questions About How To Jump Start A Car Youtube

Ken asks…

Tips on how to change the battery on my car?

My car's dead sitting in my garage because the battery died about 5 days ago and i cant start the car up (even after I tried jump starting it)... I decided I should go to walmart and get a new battery and install it.

I have seen people change batteries at auto parts store and seen some couple videos on youtube, however, im still not confident in what i should do. What are some tips when changing the battery? What should I be careful with?
Also, I have seen that sometimes at auto parts stores when they change the battery they use something to reset the electrical system or something like that. I have a 2003 mitsubishi eclipse RS and it has basic stuff like stock radio power windows/locks but not much electronics other than HID headlamps.

admin answers:

Disconnect the negative cable and jump it again. Pos to batt pos and neg to the neg cable you disconnected. It should start that way. A shorted battery cell will prevent you from a good jump start, that's why you need to disconnect the neg batt cable. Pull the jumpers off your now running car and tuck the neg cable to keep it secured. Drive your car to Walmart. They will sell you the correct battery, install it, check your cables and verify your charging system is functioning, all for just the price of the battery.

Paul asks…

How will the anti-gun nuts respond to this story?

Disabled Florida Man Shoots Attacker

A wheelchair-bound Florida man became suspicious when two men asked for help jump-starting a car. The homeowner armed himself and politely declined to come out. The thugs then invaded his home and knocked him out of his wheelchair. The homeowner fired his weapon, killing one invader and sending the other fleeing.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/wheelchair-bound-marion-county-man-shoots-home-invader-121887.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pPtbI5C4NY&feature=sub

admin answers:

I'm not anti-gun. I just don't think that powerful assault rifles should be in hands of the NRA's declining membership pool. :0)

William asks…

my car was lagging when accelerating and now isnt working...?

please if you can help, bare with me... i know almost nothing about cars and cant explain things well... the car is a 1999 nissan sentra gxe.
about a week a go my car started lagging when i accelerated. there would be about a 3 to 10 second lag before i would start to accelerate at all and then the car would just jump up to speed. no matter how much i pressed on the gas it would lag before accelerating.... when i got up to speed on the highway there would be a jerking motion like i was be pulled forward and then let go.... and last friday my car just shut off at an intersection. it would make the noises like it wanted to restart but just wouldnt. and now its parked in the driveway doing the same thing, acting like it wants to start but not...ive been told by several people that it was most likely electrical and or fuel related. today we checked the fuel pump and it was working... we tried disconnecting a hose from the fuel filter but there was pressure pushing te fluid out of the hose so we stopped messing with it...anyways thats all i can really explain. i really dont have the money to bring it to a mechanic and am hoping its not a major problem like the head gasket.
any help or points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! i might post a video on youtube if that would help me but i dont know who'd watch it.
thanks

admin answers:

If the fuel filter and pump are working then the next step id to check spark plugs and wires, bad ignition can make the car sputter and shake because its not a constant flow of ignition, but i would deff. Check that fuel filter, youll be suprised what it can do to the car when a filter is dirty/clogged....when you go to take your fuel filter off of the car its goin to spray/leak fuel out of the line a little bit but just let it come out and then take your filter off and shake it, if its a dirty blackish material coming out then its bad..

Mary asks…

HELP: if my car has several problems, will it be safe to drive it to the mechanic or what should I do?

Ok, so my car has several problems which have overwhelmed me and are beyond me and my patience. I bought a used car and it has become a pain because everyday I discover more new problems.

To start with, I need an oil change, I bought a new timing belt and I need the mechanic to install it, the car has a small leak near the radiator cap which causes it to drip small amounts of coolant and let out vapor, I need to do tune up (change filters and other maintanance stuff), and I need to get a new battery installed.

The car runs, but it has a very strange sound. It has 88K miles, and I am getting completely paranoid about driving it to the mechanic because I think its gonna break down on me. It would take me about 10 minutes to get to my mechanic drving at an average of 40 mph. I dont wanna rev the car too much so not to stress the engine (mainly because of low and old oil and timing belt)

here's a video of how the engine sounds (NOTE: THE CAR DIDNT SOUND LIKE THIS WHEN I BOUGHT IT, the battery died and I jumped started it and it started with this weird sound)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGO6TUB_EyQ

What should I do? I am a young person and it is my first car. I only have a small amount of money and I had saved it for gas but nope just my luck I will have to spend it all on fixing the car.

Help is appreciated
Geez People I ALREADY KNOW IT SOUNDS LIKE A DIESEL. I DONT KNOW WHY THEREFORE I AM ASKING. GOOD ANSWERS WOULD ACTUALLY BE APPRECIATED...

admin answers:

Either to it witch will cost money on top of fixing it or just make sure all of your fluids are full and drive it, i think it should be fine, just dont drive it super hard getting there.
Ive had plenty of those situations and from the video the car still runs okay, just needs some work.
Good luck

Jenny asks…

Does anyone know the name of the youtube video where a girl is scared from a fake spider and gets hit by a car?

It's a surprise video. It starts out with a couple arguing in a car about how the guy always takes things too far or something. So, they stop for gas and he buys her flowers and chocolate and she forgives him.

They stop for some reason and the guy puts a fake spider on her shoulder, and in her fright, she jumps out of the car, and gets hit by another car. Medics are nearby, so the guy gets out of the car to see if shes alive, and the fake spider scares the medic who is about to give the girl a shot, and the shot ends up in the eye of the boyfriend.

Does anyone know the name/have a link to that video?

admin answers:

There are 3 different things you can do to try and find a
video that you have previously seen. Not only that, you
can make your results appear either: 1) in alphabetical
order, 2) in chronological order or 3) in photo thumbnail
form:

ALPHABETICALLY (tons of results):
highlight the URL address bar on top, then simply type
in the word "youtube". From those results, you will see:
-- every YouTube address you typed
-- every YouTube channel you visited
-- every YouTube video you watched
but it will be ugly YouTube code like "v=Ab1Cd2eF3Gh".

CHRONOLOGICALLY (many results):
simply click on your internet browser's "History" button
or tap "CTRL" and the letter "H" on your keyboard, and
you will get a daily list of every website which you have
visited. Every YouTube video will be mixed in with all of
the different websites, but it'll actually be easier for you
to find what you're looking for -- because everything will
be displayed in "plain" English. And because each and
every YouTube video is in fact its own website, you will
also be able to see the full title of each video.

PHOTO THUMBNAIL (few results):
at the top right of just about every YouTube page is the
name "QuickList". Click on that, and then after you are
on the new page, click on "History" immediately below
the highlighted grey bar. You will see thumbnails of the
most recent videos you have viewed, but only the most
recent. That is because every time that you open / exit
YouTube, everything vanishes, and starts all over again.

Believe it or not, you can see your YouTube "QuickList"
and "viewing history" from right here within Yahoo. Just
click on my links below, and they'll take you directly to
"YOUR VERY OWN" histories. (YouTube may first ask
you to 'sign in' with your username and your password):

http://www.youtube.com/my_history
http://www.youtube.com/my_quicklist

I hope that my multiple answer is a little helpful for you.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment