Thursday, February 9, 2012

Questions About How To Jump Higher Yahoo

Donald asks…

I really need some tips on how to jump higher. ?

I'm 15 years old 5'7. I have been working on touching the rim but i can only get the backboard so i'm needing a few tips on how to jump high. (send me a friend request on myspace my e-mail 4 it is codybond21@yahoo.com)

admin answers:

Work on your quads but they will be sore but in the long run you could jump 10 inches higher

Mandy asks…

Otto Ruebsamen Jump Higher Videos??

Does anyone have the videos of Otto Ruebsamen showing you how to jump higher? If you do please send a free video of it to noah.saint@yahoo.com because I was hoping you guys would give it to me without me buying it.

admin answers:

Free on youtube.

Carol asks…

All time worst question on Yahoo Sports?

The worst question that I see repeated on this website is: How can I jump higher? If you have to ask the question, then the answer is you cant.

admin answers:

Whose better Kobe or LeBron?

Chris asks…

Don't you love how yahoo jumps to conclusions?

I am a teacher working with African American youth. A White American boy came on here saying he has not gotten in trouble for selling in school. I told him that is ridiculous, and it proves my point that there are unfair discipline practices towards African American youth in school. Had that been one of my students, they would've been expelled. I've fought for a student once to not be suspended for wearing his hair a certain way (and no I don't teach high school).
Yahoo answers told me my response was a hate crime.

Since when was telling the world that there are unfair discipline practices in schools towards African Americans a hate crime? Of course, I wish that wasn't the case, and yes this White American should be charged for selling Rx drugs in schools, just like a youth of ANY race should be charged (and both with the same level of punishment, not one harsher than the other because of color difference).

admin answers:

Maybe the student hasn't gotten into trouble because he hasn't been caught. You are a tad naive to just believe that kid.Do you know for a fact that he was caught selling drugs illegally in that school and received no punishment? I'm sure that Race does play a part in discipline in schools. However, you might just be surprised at what some students say about the perception that minority students just get a slap on the wrist. Hopefully some day Dr. King's dream will be fulfilled and kids will be judged only by the content of their character.

James asks…

how do i get faster for track?

I am planning on trying out for the track team next year. I want to know what exercises i could do to gain speed. I don't have weights so no exercises that involve weights. I am 5'6 13 years old idk if that matters. also i wont to know how i can learn to explode out of the starting blocks. also answer my other question about jumping higher? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AufQfxRTwQJa1l6E25gPtF3sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090402190456AAfrYjh
and i dont like to do squats because they stunt your growth

admin answers:

First, weight lifting doesn't stunt your growth, that is a myth perpetuated by the fact that many great weight lifters are short (this is because they can compete at lower weight classes since they've got less weight from bone than taller competitors). However, I suggest not lifting until you are 14 or 15 years old, as your body is still under the strain of growing.

Second, don't run in ankle weights, it will ruin your form and that exposes you to a higher risk of injury.

To gain speed, you need to work on 3 things: running fast (obviously), flexiblity, and explosiveness.

For running fast, repetative sprints. Your repeats should range anywhere from 1/2 race distance to 1.5 times race distance. The shorter workouts focus on acceleration, the longer ones on muscular endurance. Take enough time between repeats to recover well.

For flexibility, always pay special attention to your stretching before and after you workout and take it seriously. Being flexible allows your body to more easily find its natural stride.

For explosiveness, activities like running up hills, stairs, activities that force you to stop and start suddenly (like ladder drills), or activities that force you to jump. Pretty much anything that require sudden, repeated exertion by your muscles.

Be sure to google around for a good warm up routine and good stretching exercises, as this is key to flexibility and avoiding injury.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment