Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Questions About How To Cook A Turkey Burger

Joseph asks…

How do you cook a turkey burger?

It's frozen right now, and I want to eat one tomorrow.

Any spices suggested?
Do I thaw it? etc.

thanks.
and is this healthy?

admin answers:

Turkey is healthier than beef. You can cook them in the microwave for a couple minutes, flip and another minute or so. Comes out a little dry but if you are in a hurry that is a way. If you want to cook it in a pan, use cooking spray, or if you don't have that, a little olive oil and don't put the heat up past a third of the way up (like on a 4) Turkey has less fat so you have to add a little fat or cooking spray to the pan or it will stick. I like mine with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (not garlic salt that is too strong) A splash of worchestershire sauce isn't too bad as well.

Jenny asks…

how long do I cook a frozen turkey burger?

It can be on the george foreman or skillet, I just don't want it to be dry. It's Jenny O frozen turkey burgers. Their defrosted, just gotta know. Thanks!

admin answers:

3 minutes should be fine

Donna asks…

how cooked do turkey burgers need to be?

i cooked them in the grill for about 20 minutes at about 250/300 degrees. I cut them open and there was some little light colored patches of i wouldnt say pink but kinda an ambiguous light color. Ive never cooked meat by myself so im freaking out, i didnt have a thermometer to measure it with. think im okay?

admin answers:

Turkey meat should have a uniform opaque color when done. The burgers should be firm all the way to the center; any different color or texture in the middle means that they need a few more minutes of cooking.

Laura asks…

Help! Can someone tell me how to cook ground turkey?

I've never seemed to know what to do with it. I defrost it but it's still so tough and I can't seem to soften it. I really want to make turkey burgers but I never seem to make it past the defrosting part because I always seem to ruin the turkey. How do I make it soft enough to mold into a patty shape?

admin answers:

As you might when making hamburger patties:

Get some white bread slices and tear them up into pieces, one egg, your ground turkey. Place all in a big mixing bowl or pot and with your hand, mix everything. Make your patties and they should stick together.

I love ground turkey because of the no-fat reason and flavor. In a spaghetti tomato sauce or in soup it's good, too. I've used it in mushroom soups (we add peas and corn as well) and in vegetable soups. Yummy.

David asks…

How long do you cook jenni-o turkey burgers on a george foreman grill?

Now i'm not looking for a different alternative unless there is no possible way to cook it properly(which i doubt).

But the reason i ask is, the package labeling says to cook for 4 min on the grill,and a frozen burger for 4 min. doesn't sound like the proper time to cook. I saw frozen turkey burgers are usually about 8 min. on the foreman grill. But when i cook my Jenni-o burgers for 8 min. they turn out too dry.

Its a larger George foreman grill, but i pre-heat the grill for 5 min. before use.

If the burgers are supposed to be cooked for 8 min, is there a way to keep them juicy?

Thanks,
M. Patel

admin answers:

Try cooking for 6-7 minutes instead of 8 so it won't be so dry.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment