Friday, February 24, 2012

Questions About How To Calculate Gpa Weighted

Mary asks…

How to calculate weighted GPA?

I want to find out what my weighted GPA is before my progress report comes in the mail.
Not all of my classes are weighted, but is there a special formula for calculating your GPA?

admin answers:

This is the break down of it, basically:
A= 4.0
B= 3.0
C= 2.0
D= 1.0
You add the numbers representing your letter grades together and take the average by dividing by the number of grades. Also, an A- is worth slightly less than an A.
This is a very handy GPA calculator:
http://www.back2college.com/gpa.htm
Really, I would just use the calculator, as it does the work for you quickly.

Charles asks…

How to calculate weighted/unweighted GPA?

I am really confused on the whole weighted and unweighted GPA, so please, fill me in on what in means, and also I dont know how to calculate my GPA because I have AP and Honors classes. Anyways, please help me calculate my GPA, thanks.
Grades
A (regular)
A (regular)
B (honors)
A (regular)
B (honors)
B (honors)
A (regular)
B (honors)
C (AP)

admin answers:

A regular A=4
A regular B=3
A regular C=2

An Honors/Ap A=5
An Honors/Ap B=4
An Honors/Ap C=3

Change your letter grades into the corresponding numbers
and divide the number you get by the total number of grades
you received.

You got 4 regular A's, so 4x4=16
You got 4 honors B's, so 4x4=16
You got 1 AP C, so 1x3=3

16+16+3=35

35/9=3.89

3.89 is your weighted GPA.

Ruth asks…

How does UF calculate your weighted GPA?

Do they do ALL of your classes youve taken since 9th grade or do they do the core weighted like some schools? I can't seem to find it on their page does anyone know? Thanks!

admin answers:

University of Florida? Are you majoring in Alligator Studies?

Helen asks…

How do i calculate my weighted GPA?

Please help I don't understand what it is exactly. I have a 3.6 unweighted gpa but i want to know my weighted. can someone tell me or give a way of calculating it myself?

admin answers:

A in regular class=4.0
B in regular class=3.0
and so on

A in AP/Honors class=5.0
B in AP/Honors class=4.0
and so on

Average the GPA of all your classes=weighted GPA

James asks…

How do you calculate your weighted cumulative GPA?

My weighted cumulative GPA used to be 3.44. But now it went down to a 3.41. It may not seem much but I want to get a 3.5 weighted cumulative GPA. How do I calculate my weighted cumulative GPA?

admin answers:

Calculating / conversion table is at www.wikipedia.org...

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment