Monday, February 6, 2012

Questions About How To Increase Metabolism After Dieting

Sharon asks…

how do i increase my metabolism after crash dieting?

i used to be really fat and i went on a crash diet few yrs ago and lost 70 lbs all by myself. Problem is the weight i lost slowly crept back and now im fat again and im not even eating alot! i think it caused my metabolism to be slow coz i was only eating a little before and it cant handle if i can eat a little bigger portion that that and i gain weight easily. its so crazy im not happy with whats happening.. its like a curse.. i tried sports but when i stop i gain again... i dont understand... help.... im not really sporty so i have problems w/ sports. what can i do pls help im really depressed about this i wanna live a normal life.

admin answers:

My wife is in the same boat.
Your going to have to come to terms with exercising.
Exercise or "sports" is the only way.

Never eating enough to make you feel full is also important.
I know, It's a real drag. But always being hungry means you not getting fatter.

Remember - It's Not Diet and Exercise
It's Exercise and Diet.
Exercise is the key !
Have you tried power walking ?

Nancy asks…

How to increase calories after dieting without gaining weight?

I've been eating about 1300 calories a day and doing moderate cardio for 30 minutes per day everyday. I'm really happy with the way my body looks right now (even though technically I'm kind of underweight), and I want to keep it looking *exactly* like it is now. However, I realize that I am eating about 500 calories per day too few for maintaining this weight (according to various caloric needs calculators, including one by the American Cancer Society, which I figure is pretty reliable). I think my metabolism might have slowed somewhat, because although I have plenty of energy, I'm always cold (maybe it could just be from low body fat?).

How gradually (i.e. by how many calories per week) should I increase my caloric intake from 1300 to 1800? This week, starting yesterday, I am eating 1400 rather than 1300 calories. Where should I go from here? If I were to accidentally begin gaining weight, how soon would I notice it?

Thanks!
What do you all think of this advice, which says to increase by 10% every two weeks?

http://www.passionforhealth.org/reset-your-metabolism/
Which plan seems better?

Plan A: Methodically Increasing Calories by 10% every 2 weeks:

Weeks 1-2: 1430

Weeks 3-4: 1570

Weeks 5-6: 1730

Weeks 7+: 1800

OR

Plan B: Increasing by 100 Calories every week:

Week 1: 1400

Week 2: 1500

Week 3: 1600

Week 4: 1700

Week 5: 1800

admin answers:

I would go back to matainance slowly over 2 weeks, bump up 250 or so each week. The scales will go up slightly though, because your body will be holding more glycogen and with the glyc comes a litle water too. Dont worry tho you wont see the difference most likely. You could even just start eating matainance right now. Dont think you will gain any weight as long as your at matainance and your metabolism hasnt crashed, you should be fine. If your bf% is very low, then you will see the weight put on almost instantly bc it shows alot more. Like 2lb is enough for you to go from 7 to 8% which can be seen i think if you pay close enough attention. Anyways you should be fine as long as you keep doing your moderate cardio. Also try taking at least 1 day each week from training, you need that rest. Hope this help. Good luck!!! Keep it off!!!

Thomas asks…

How to raise metabolism after lowering from not eating?

I'm a 16-year-old girl. About 3 months ago, I started consuming very little calories in order to lose weight. i wasnt over weight, but im a dancer so i just wanted to lose a few lbs. i was eating about 100 cals a day for about 3 weeks, and then i started eating about 500-600. With this, I was doing lots of cario exercise. now i eat about 600-900 a day. i recently read an article about how low cal diets lower your metabolism. now im freaking out cuz i reallly dont want to gain a bunch of weight back. how can i start eating more with out gaining a lot of weight. im on a no carb diet (under 60 grams a day) for medical reasons, and i only eat healthy and exercise every day. how gradual should i increase my cals? help please!!! THANKS!

admin answers:

Well, you got to go back to the minimum threshold - at least eating 1,200 calories a day in order to get your body to recognise that you're no more "starving", hence it starts to jump start back your metabolism from low to high......

It's not going to be a gradual increase; it's got to be an immediate one, reason being as long as your calorie intake is less than 1,200 calories per day, your body will be in "starvation" mode and your metabolism will slow down so as to conserve energy to help you function normally.

Since you're doing exercise already, keep on with it because it's the most powerful way to jump start your metabolism.

Other ways to increase metabolism: eat many small meals in a day; eat whole, natural nutrient-dense food; build muscle as muscle boosts your metabolism.

You might want to see this guide on metabolism to help you increase it: http://www.perfect-body-toning.com/how-to-increase-metabolism.html

Carol asks…

How do I increase metabolism and lose fat off my upper arms?

Hi,
I'm five feet tall, and my body weight is about 54 - 57 kg.
Whilst i've never really had a problem with my roundess (:P) lately its really starting to bug me.. i feel guilty every time i eat something..

plus i've noticed that i dont get as hungry as most other ppl which would generally indicate low metabolism.

about 6 months ago i went to a dietician and went through a very strict diet which worked and i lost 3kg during a month. But I was unable to maintain the diet after the first month and have gained back about 1kg.

anyway... i always feel really guilty and self concious and compare myself so much with other women. which i know is stupid and shallow. nevertheless i cant help doing it..

my biggest problem parts are my stomach and upper arms. specially my upper arms. does anyone have any suggestions how to reduce these and to increase metabolism?

any help appreciated

admin answers:

Muscle mass increases your resting metabolic rate, or the amount of calories your body burns its self each day. Building muscle would "raise" your metabolism.

Lizzie asks…

how do i increase my metabolism?

i'm on a low calorie diet at the moment and i need to know how to increase my metabolism so i won't gain weight after i lose it all! cheers!

admin answers:

Well eating small meals throughout the day like 5-6. Exercise increases your metabolism! Even after your done working out. Drink a lot of water, yes I also herd green tea does boost the metabolism. Hope this helped!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment