Thursday, February 9, 2012

Questions About How To Do A Fishtail Braid Easy

Daniel asks…

Does anyone know a easy way to fish-tail braid?

Just wondering if anyone knew how to fishtail braid???

admin answers:

Fishtail Braids
This is a stunning two-strand braid and is a great way to learn the concept of French braiding before tackling three strands.
1. Divide a small section of hair where you want the braid to start (usually at the hairline at the front of the head or just behind your bangs if you have them) into two even sections.
2. Comb each section smooth.
3. Cross the right hand section over the left section.
4. Pull the sections away from each other to tighten the plait.
5. Using the pointed end of a rat tail comb, lift a small section of hair on the right by drawing a line against the scalp from the hairline to the middle of the braid about a half inch to an inch beneath the first plait, depending on the thickness of your hair and how woven you want it to look (more strands create a more woven appearance).
6. Add the new section of hair to the existing section on the right and then cross it over the left section; tighten the plait.
7. Again using the handle of a rat tail comb, lift a small section of hair on the left by drawing a line against the scalp from the hairline to the middle of the braid even with the section you just lifted from the right, add this hair to the existing section on the left and then cross it over the right section.
8. Continue the process alternating right and left sections, tightening each plait as you make it, until you reach the hairline at the nape of the neck.
9. Secure the remaining hair with a hair-safe ponytail holder. You can then let the remaining hair hang free or weave a standard English braid to the ends.
Tips: For a different look, cross the sections of hair under each other instead of over. Keeping your hands close to the head will create a tighter braid, holding your hands away from the head will create a looser, more drapey braid

This style of braid is also called HERRINGBONE

You can see step by step instructions with pictures here:
http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/braids/herringbone.htm

Helen asks…

fishtail braid???????????

i have really thick hair and i wanna do a fishtail braid! any suggestions on how to make it easier and tighter?? any suggestions are great! thanks!

admin answers:

Always do it with wet hair

Donald asks…

how do I do a 'fishtail' braid ?

I have always wanted to know how,
isnt it like a plate except insideout or something?
i dont quite understand how to do that..
my hair is very thick, and has some layers in it.
would it be easier if i straighten it first ?
please help ! =)
thanks Amy , it helped a lot =) X

admin answers:

Just like the Basic Braid, this braid turns out best if you pull hair back into a tight ponytail first. The difference between the two braids is that you are going to seperate the ponytail into 2 strands instead of three.

1. Once you have separated the ponytail, you are going to start out by holding the 2 strands in your left hand.
2. Now you are going to take a thin piece from the outside of the right strand and join it with the left strand.
3. Reverse how you are holding hair and switch hands.
4. With your left hand take a thin piece from the outside of the left strand and join it with the right strand.
5. You are going to repeat steps 2 and 3 until the braid is as long as you desire. Then finish with an elastic.

Pics to help you more in this tutorials is in this site: http://2good2lose.com/braid-fishtail.shtml

Susan asks…

does anyone know any cute and easy hairstlyes? read details!?

okk...i need some new hairstyles. i'm a preteen almost teen. so the hairstyles have to be easy enough that i can do them!! please,please i want to change over the summer so i look different and i need some good hairstyles. if anyone knows how to do fishtail braids then can you tell me easy tips to do them. if you dont thats ok! thanks so mucH!!! :]

admin answers:

It is really fun to do things like curls and if you are daring then a perm would look really cool!

Maria asks…

Easy hair for a masquerade?

My homecoming this year is a masquerade, so of course I want to wear a mask and look elegant. However, I dunno how to do my hair, and I'm kinda picky, so bear with me.

My hair is to the middle of my back and I have shortish side bangs.

I would like to wear it either down or in a low updo, if that makes sense.
My fear is that if I wear it up, it'll fall down, and if I wear it down, it'll be hot and I'll put it up. What a dilemma.
Also, I'd like the bangs to be out of my face.
I haven't gotten my mask yet, but it'll probably have an elastic band.
(My dress is simple and strapless, so everything else can be pretty extravagant.)
I know how to fishtail braid. Would that be cute?

Ultimately, I just want something sturdy. I have a lot of hair, but I wouldn't mind curling and spraying the heck out of it.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

admin answers:

I think with a mask, It would be nice to be sleek back into a sort of bun

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment