Saturday, February 4, 2012

Questions About How To Bake A Potato In A Toaster Oven

Mark asks…

Can you bake potatoes in a toaster oven-if so how long to cook and temperature?

admin answers:

400 for and hour better wrap with aluminum foil. Might test one first.

Sharon asks…

Steamed potato... anyone have a recipe, or how to make it?

I would make baked potatoes but my home is too hot right now and I definitely do not want to make it hotter. I am guessing that a steamed potato would be just as good.. does anyone have any recipes or instructions on how to make a steamed potato? OR if it's possible to make a baked potato in a toaster oven, that would be fine too.

admin answers:

I personally wouldn't use a microwave oven for anything!!! Not even to heat water for tea. Been reading bad things about them for years. We gave ours away to a grateful recipient and I've been feeling guilty about subjecting them to the effects of microwaved food ever since.

Back to your question... Steamed potatoes are quite good. I boil an inch of water in a covered pot while I scrub and then quarter some potatoes. When the water is boiling I place a metal steamer basket in the pot and place the potatoes in it and proceed to steam them in the covered pot for 10 minutes. While the potatoes are steaming I saute some onions and garlic in olive oil and pour them over the potatoes on my plate. Ms Diamond Girls Steamed Parsleyed Potatoes with Cucumbers sounds good too. Have to try that one.

Daniel asks…

chicken breast with sweet potatoes in toaster oven?

i have a toaster oven, and wanna try cooking chicken in it
would i put it to bake, or broil? how long? and what temperature? also im gonna try and cook sweet potatoes with it..
would i cut up the potatoes? i want this meal to be great
and i want the chicken to be tender, thx
ps. what would i season the potatoes and chicken with?
i just need a great recipe, thanks

admin answers:

I use mine for the same reasons, plus you do not heat up the whole house, with a toaster oven as it is a smaller heat source you do not have to whack it up, I cook my chicken parts at 325 d F, for your recipe, season the chicken and cut the sweet potato's into chunks or wedges, rub with oil and seasonings (salt, pepper, herbs of your choice, a bit of brown sugar on the SWP), and place them in between the chicken, cook for 35-45 minutes, depend on the size of the chicken breasts, boneless take less time, just check them after 30 minutes. I use the pan that came with the unit and cover the bottom with foil, not the whole thing, some TO have issues with it.

Donna asks…

how can i make baked potatoes firm like in restaurants?

when i make baked potatoes, i put then in the toaster oven for an hour, and the skin is kinda hard to cut through and the inside is kinda soft. when i go to restaurants, they are firm, yet easy to cut by pressing down with the knife rather then sawing through. how do i make it like they do? thanks

admin answers:

What I do is I preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour. Then i cit them into half, fill it with whatever I want and then I bake it for another 15 min and its YUM !

==========

Chris asks…

Which foods can be prepared 2 days ahead of time?

I am making breakfast for 7 people early Saturday morning. My boyfriend is graduating from college and we both have family in town. We have commitments all day Friday and will be out late celebrating, so I want to prepare some things ahead of time on Thursday.

What of the following list can be prepared two days ahead of time?
-Grated potatoes for hash browns
-Blueberry muffin dough
-ingredients for hollandaise sauce

Also, I have to toast 14 english muffin halves for eggs benedict. I only have one toaster. Can I just broil them or bake them in the oven? How long and at what temperature in the oven?

Sorry this is so long. I really want it to be a nice meal!

admin answers:

Broiling or baking the english muffins would be fine. If you broil them make sure you keep a close eye on them as they will burn quickly.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment