Sunday, February 5, 2012

Questions About How To Force Quit On Mac

Donna asks…

How do you save your work on word before force quitting on mac?

I've written a document in word for mac and not saved it yet, and now for some reason the mac equivalent of the hour glass has appeared, is there any way to copy some work or will it have saved any of it?

Please help!

admin answers:

A. I find that if you're patient, the "spinning beach ball of death" as we so fondly call it will often resolve itself. It tends to be asking you to wait more frequently than completely closing you down.

B. Word has auto-save built in, so at least some of your document should be saved.

Helen asks…

what key do you press on a mac to force quit. I need to know Now!!?

I pressed this thing and the whole upper menu dissapeared I don't know how to force quit with only using the keys
I already tired to shut it down it shuts down and when i turn it back on it opens up to the same desktop where there's no menue when it's acually supposed to go to the login/ password thing. i don't know what to do cuase i don't want to screw it up by unpluging it

admin answers:

What thing did you press to make your menu bar disappear?

Stop a process

⌘-period (.)

Force an application to quit

⌘-Option-Escape

Turn off your computer

Power key

Force some computers to shut down or restart

⌘-Option-Shift-Power key

Force the computer to restart

⌘-Control-Power key

Donald asks…

Why does the Warcraft III World Editor force quit itself when I try and change/add triggers for MAC?

I have been using warcraft iii editor on my friends computer and we've been figuring out how it works, but when i went to make my own maps and change/add triggers it force quits the application. This didnt happen on my friends comp who has windows - i run on mac any help would be nice.

admin answers:

Well I have the same problem on my brand new iMac, and I did NOT have this problem on my old crappy iMac, I'm not sure what the deal is. It may have to do with the new Mac OS but I'm not sure how to fix it either =( I just know it's not an issue with my computer not being able to take it because I have the highest speed and memory. It's probably something to do with the software...

I e-mailed Blizzard Mac support though I don't know if they will be able to help because I have already tried a lot of things including different patches and reinstallation.

Linda asks…

How can I force quit Bittorrent?

I was watching a show on Safari and had it set to fullscreen when suddenly the spinning beach ball of doom appeared. I managed to pull up the menu and my Mac told me that to restart, I'd need to force quit Bittorrent. When I selected force quit, though, nothing happened, and then the menu disappeared. I literally can't do anything--it's just a frozen frame of my show and the spinning beach ball.

What can I do?

admin answers:

In some cases disabling Time Machine will fix it.

Mary asks…

Why doesn't Microsoft Word quit on my Mac?

I recently downloaded Microsoft Office on my Macbook and have been using it for school assignments. When I save documents or even if I don't, I click on Word to quit and it still has that light under the W logo. Then I have to end up force quitting the program and I hate doing that. I have downloaded all the software updates for my Mac. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.

admin answers:

Try using Apple+Q from the keyboard, or clicking on the Word menu and choosing Quit. If none of these work and you still have to force quit, there's something that needs fixing on your computer.

Here are some troubleshooting steps to take:
http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/macosx.html

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment