Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Questions About How To Extreme Coupon Shop

Betty asks…

How can you TLC Extreme Coupon Couponing in Buffalo NY? Where to Shop for food groceries?

I remember when I was kid hearing about people who took advantage of extreme coupon deals. I honestly didn’t care that much because I was a typical kid. I also remember my mom using her coupon box. Nowadays my mom doesn’t use coupons at all and neither do I. I started watching extreme couponing on TLC and it struck a nerve because I remembering people doing that. I mentioned it to my mom. She tried to discourage me with her typical skepticism, which only encouraged me to look even more into it. The problem isn’t the coupons or the large number of them you need. The problem I’m running into is store policy. All the stores around here go out of their way to make this impossible. They only double coupons under a $1.00 and they limit you to 1 to 4 items depending on the store. I will gladly drive an hour or 2 for store with a much more relaxed coupon policy but I don’t know of any. So I guess my question is where can you extreme coupon in NY State near Buffalo?

admin answers:

I recommend being extreme in savings but not necessarily extreme in stockpiling as the TLC show demonstrates. In my opinion, no one needs more than 6 months of anything, a year tops! Coupons online are terrific and ask around to see if any friends or businesses will give you their coupon inserts. You don't need 18 Sunday papers unless you are planning to dedicate a room of your house or more to your stockpile. Keep it simple and start small. Stick to one or two stores and learn their coupon policies, their sale cycles, and maximize those savings with coupons.

Drug stores are your friend. These can bring about the most savings but usually only on household items. Again, learn the policies and check for coupon blogs that do weekly store sales/coupon match ups.

I'm following an Extreme Couponer's free online lesson and I think you may find it helpful. She also posts those weekly store match ups I was telling you about. Http://embracingbeauty.com/extreme-couponing-101-series/

I hope this helps!

Lisa asks…

How do I most effectively use coupons?

How do I shop like extreme coupon? What is the secret to knowing what coupons to use?

admin answers:

I use http://www.coupondisco.com for online coupons and the sunday paper for offline coupons

George asks…

How do you extreme coupon?

I would like to start saving some money when I food shop. Where do i start? Where do i get the coupons?

admin answers:

Sunday newspaper.
Online at smartsource.com
They have the same ones all the other sites have.
Opinion: Stuff I don't need and would probably never use.
And smartsource does not ask for your email or address.
You can just print them out.

Note: I tried it. Ended up buying things I did not need and spending more.
Best thing for me was to buy no-name brand things at walmart and only buy what I needed.

Sharon asks…

coupon shopping help?!?

ive seen this amazing show on tv called extreme couponing ... i rlly need help with that THEY GET EVERYTHING FOR FREE! i want to try that please i need help can u answer these please?!

what is price matching? and how can u use it... do u just compare magazines at the store?
can we print the coupons or do we have to collect from the magazines? where do u get coupons?
do u need a card so u dont have to pay?
how can the store owe u money?
please answer what u no or dont anser the questions just say what u no about coupon shopping .. i really want to do this.. i want to do this right! too i never tryed this and never thought coupons really save this much, i never save them i always throw them out :( i just relized this thing thanks sooo much!! i really hope i can get as much information as possible :D <3

admin answers:

First realize that the show you saw is responsible for many stores no longer doubling coupons and even putting very strict limits on coupons.

If you can find a store that doubles coupons. A few stores will still do this. Some will only do it on certain days of the week. Find the coupons you want. You will find the coupon inserts in many Sunday Newspapers. A few magazines like All You have lots of coupons. Coupons can also be printed on line.

Redplum.com
smartsource.com
coupons.com

Three generally trusted sources for coupons. There are others as well but beware of any place that makes you fill out surveys or other such nonsense to get coupons. Most of those places are just trying to get your email address to spam you to death.

Match your best coupons to sale prices at your stores. Some stores offer their own coupons to print and you can use a regular manufacturer coupon with them to save more. It's possible to get stuff for free but it's much more rare than that show suggests. Some stores have 'loyalty cards' that will save you money when you check out.

Price matching is when one store will agree to match the sale prices of another local store. Walmart often does this but only for the items they carry. It really only comes in handy if you don't want to drive to two different stores.

Be aware that the show often vaguely mentions 'clipping services'. In other words they buy many of the coupons they use. There are clipping services offered on the web and eBay also allows the sale of coupon services. (you can not legally buy or sell most coupons, you can only pay for the service of clipping them and sending them to you)

Coupons for some items are very rare. It's rare to find coupons for produce and fresh meat. Currently there is one for $2 off pork ribs if you by brand X of barbecue sauce. Yesterday I found .55 cents off two dozen eggs.

Overage is when your coupon exceeds the value of the item you are buying. A few stores will allow it. Walmart for instance will allow overage to be applied to the rest of your bill. Not all stores will do this. You need to find out the coupon policies of the stores in your area to find the best possible deals.

Companies sometimes offer spur of the moment coupons and deals on their web sites. The easiest way to keep track of these is to make a Twitter account and start following people who search out these deals every day and post the links to them. That way you can keep up with the deals and coupons just by going to your Twitter account instead of looking for them yourself. I have included some below. There are many more you can search for on Twitter and follow. These coupons and freebie deals often go very fast so you have to check your account often. I check my Twitter account three or four times a day and still miss many good deals and freebies.

Be aware that many of the coupons and deals they find are on Facebook pages. They often require you to "like" them in order to get the coupons and freebies. This means you will need a Facebook account. Just like Twitter it's free but Facebook will ask you to confirm that you are a real live person and not a computer bot by asking you to confirm with a credit card or mobile phone number. Use your phone number.

Always read any 'terms' carefully before agreeing to any deal. You don't want tons of spam in your inbox. Always use a freebie email address when signing up anywhere. Gmail keeps most of the spam separated for me.

Helen asks…

how does the extreme couponing people get free laundry detergent?

I contacted the company of purex and was sent $.50 coupons. Now if the store I shop at has Purex on sale for $1.99 my coupon would double to $1.00 and I would pay $.99. So how do they end up getting free soap?

admin answers:

Http://www.giganticcoupons.com teaches you how

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment