Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Questions About How To End A Letter Of Recommendation

Mandy asks…

Is it rude to ask a teacher to hurry up and finish a letter of recommendation?

So I have asked one of my teachers to write a letter of recommendation for me and at the time when I asked her, I said that she didn't really have a deadline because all the other teachers I have asked before have gotten it done within a few days. She is a new teacher, so maybe she doesn't realize the partial urgency? However, I really need the letter by the end of the week, so would it be rude for me to ask her to hurry up? How should I ask?

admin answers:

@ the mature law student, in england, There are universities which require application by december (one of which I applied to). The year before the start of their next term.

The best way to do it is just ask politely (previously mentioned perfectly. Stick to the point, not off-topic., but try and get and get a number date as well. The most important thing, though, in my opinion, is to write something down about it in front of them, with an actual date. This will help you get the seriousness across subtly, while making it seem casual and friendly. I've done this to get so many different things finished, I can't keep count.

Richard asks…

How do I remind a teacher that a due-date for a letter of recommendation she said she'd write is approaching?

I need the letter by the end of the week. She agreed to write it in the beginning of March. How do I gently remind her (in an email) that the due-date is approaching? I don't want to sound rude or pushy! ;_;
She's foreign, btw, so I'm especially worried I'll sound rude!

admin answers:

I sent an email basically as follows when the same thing happened to me:

"Dear _______,

I'm just writing to remind you that my recommendation for _____ is due on Friday. Please let me know if you need any more information to complete it.

Thanks again for agreeing to recommend me."

Worked for me. Good luck--I've been there and the waiting game is no fun.

John asks…

how to make a letter of recommendation for a teacher?

i want to make a letter of recommendation for an outstanding teacher of mine last year, how will i start the letter? how will i end?

what type of introduction will i use?
how about greeting?
would it be "to whom it may concern"?

admin answers:

Indicate why you believe that this teacher is outstanding.

In the introduction indicate how you have known the teacher and for how long.

Your conclusion may be a summary about how this teacher is so outstanding./

Susan asks…

How would you write a good letter of recommendation?

Is there like a certain way to write a letter of recommendation? How would you write the beginning middle and end?

admin answers:

You can google recommendation letter formats on line and may find a template. I usually start by saying how pleased I am to recommend (whomever) for ..(whatever, college, club, job.).. Follow up by outlining how long and under what circumstances you know the person.. Body should be what traits/achievements the person has that would make them an asset to wherever you are recommending them.. Conclude with your personal contact email or phone if there are any follow ups questions you would be happy to speak with them personally.. Hope this helps.

Mark asks…

How far in advance should I ask a person for a recommendation letter?

I am currently a student and working as an assistant teacher. Over this past school year I have gotten to know some of the parents and would like to ask them for a recommendation letter. How far in advance should I ask for it BEFORE the end of the school year (mid-June)! Any ideas let me know!

admin answers:

I'm in high school, and I have to put together a portfolio to graduate, including 2 recomendation letters. I started asking when I found out, about April 6, and its due May 16. Give them enough time so that they don't feel too pressured.

Edit: I don't know what grade your assisting, but you could suggest it as an assignment that the children write one also. If I was trying to hire a teacher, I would consider how the kids felt about you as well as the parents.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment