Thursday, February 2, 2012

Questions About How To Bake Chicken Thighs In Oven

Sandra asks…

how do you roast/bake (is there a difference?) chicken PIECES in the oven?

everytime I cook chicken in the oven i never know when its ready because the chicken is so moist, and red inside, even after more than an hour in the oven...I usually cook chicken thighs and legs WITH the bone. I dont like chicken that is so moist. i like it kinda dry. I usually rub the chicken with spices, so the flavour is fine but the texture sucks. I usually bake at 400 F because according to my oven thermometer, its really baking at 350 F. How do I get the perfect, dry chicken that isnt grey colour when i take it off the bone? and not pink inside and chewy and moist...? I havent discovered BROIL yet, is it better? help!

admin answers:

Roast- To oven-cook food in an uncovered pan, a method that usually produces a well-browned exterior and ideally a moist interior. Roasting requires reasonably tender pieces of meat or poultry.

Bake-To cook food in an oven, thereby surrounding it with dry heat. It's imperative to know the accurate temperature of an oven. Because most of them bake either hotter or cooler than their gauges read, an OVEN THERMOMETER is vital for accurate temperature readings.

I would suggest that you use a meat thermometer. Chicken is done when the thermometer reads 165 degrees. At that temperature, it will moist and not dry. So if you want it dry, cook it until the thermometer reaches 170 degrees. At that temperature the chicken will be dry but not burned.

Nancy asks…

BBQ chicken thighs in oven?

They are skin-on and bone-in, I will be cooking them in the oven. I want the skin to come out crispy without drying the meat and burning the bbq sauce the the baking dish. At what temp and how long? Broil near end of cooking for crispy skin?

admin answers:

I would bake them at 180C for around 35 minutes, and then broil and allow to rest.

Steven asks…

How long do I cook bone-in chicken thighs on the stove?

I don't have any baking sheets for the oven yet, so I am limited to my frying pan and my stove. I was wondering how long and how high the heat should be to cook the chicken thighs? Do I have to coat the pan with anything? Thanks for the help!

admin answers:

You can cook them in olive oil. I would brown the thighs and then set them aside. Cook your vegetables until tender and then add the chicken back in the pan and cover it simmering for 25 minutes or until they are no longer pink in the middle. You can find lots of chicken thigh recipes here:

Mark asks…

How long to cook 7 boneless, skinless chicken thighs?

They weigh just over 2 pounds all together, each thigh is about 4.5 ounces, how long should I bake these in an oven?
And temperature of oven?

admin answers:

Place into a pre-heated 180C for about 25-30 minutes turning after 10 minutes.

Lisa asks…

What is the best way to grill chicken thighs on a GF grill? How long?

I have never made "thighs" before. They are marinating now in Italian dressing. Also...how long could I cook baked beans in the oven for? Any suggestions for garnishing the beans? Thanks! I have a dinner to prepare for tomorrow :)

admin answers:

Chicken thighs do not take long to cook on the grill. I love the italian dressing marinade, and while they are grilling, continue to baste the thighs with the marinade. They should not take more that 5 minutes on each side however, be sure to brown them up on each side fairly well. I usually cook my baked beans in a crock pot on the low setting. I just made them last weekend for memorial day. There is no need to soak the beans. If using the crock pot, fill the pot with your beans as well as all the ingredients. Put the beans on low and cook for 6-8 hours. If using the oven, the same applies however, cook them at 300 degrees, covered for 6-8 hours however, cooking in the crockpot allows you to turn them on this evening before you go to bed on the low setting and when you wake up, they will be done ! Good luck on your dinner tomorrow.
Jan Gens
Deerfield Beach, Florida

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment