Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Questions About How To Draw Manga Heads

Mark asks…

What would help me to draw better?

I am learning how to draw manga and I'm having trouble drawing the heads for my characters. when I do the oval for the head the tremor in my hand makes me draw it to thin and the edges really crooked how do I fix this problem?

admin answers:

I agree with the bloke up above; tutorials help. Also, a lot of practice. If you can, find something that inspires you (a character, an artist, an art style)...

If you can't get it 'right', then try something different. Different angles, different things. The amazing thing about art is you create is yours, and all people have a different style. It's good to have a slight difference in styles, then being so robotic with everything. Always try to look at it that way.

Hope it goes well, and helped.

Michael asks…

How come when I draw manga style of a person's head, it looks croocked when I turn the paper over to the back?

I'll draw a picture and I will look perefect when I draw it. I can't see any flaws and when people go to critique it on the front side, they say the eyes and head are crooked. When I turn the per over to the back I can see my flaws and understand what people are talking about. Why is that?

admin answers:

Lol..it's the same for me when I turn a pic upside down...I think it's just that the brain works differently in different positions. A good excersise is to draw a plant...or something with a lot of detail,,,but instead of drawing the leaves...draw the spaces that you see inbetween the leaves...it sounds odd but it forces your mind to work in the opposite way that it usualy does.

Thomas asks…

Read this question if you like Manga...?

Lets say you are really good at drawing different styles of manga and stuff, would you think about creating your own manga?

I would.

Here are a few,

I would make an Eyeshield 21 type of anime called Madden Madness or somthing...

A Rap & Hip-Hop Manga, called "Under Da Mike" (Yes, I could be the first ever manga creator to make a rap hip-hop manga, unless there is already one)

A DBZ Story that focuses on Goku and Vegeta Jr...

And I would make 5 more chapters to the ending of Ichigo 100%

But sadly in reality..., I only know how to draw heads... * goes and sits in the corner

what about you?
Here is another one

A WHOLE NEW NARUTO UNIVERSE WITH NEW CHARACTERS AND COUNTRIES!!!!!!! NOT TO MENTION, THERE WOULD ALSO BE CHARaCTERS FROM OTHER ANIMES?MANGAS, WHO BECOME NINJAS, AND ALL SORTS OF BLEACH DBZ ETC. ALCHEMISTS SAMURAIS PIRATES SO MANY TYPES OF FIGHTERS.... NOTE (I have been so obssessed that I even started to draw custom naruto people) and Naruto and them still existed in this story, only that they are 18 years old and stuff...

I too lazy to read this whole thing so there might be some errors

admin answers:

Mm, sounds interesting.

I would like to do a fantasy adventure one, with not too much fighting, but... I'm not very good at the story part. Whenever I try to come up with them they get too long and complicated. I started writing one about people with...different animal stuff (eg. Cat ears, wings, etc.) but, come to think of it it's a little hard to explain. That would be interesting as a manga. And my friend and I have started a manga about a girl who meets an angel and he falls in love with her, but his father doesn't want them together (sounds kind of cliche) Well, they're slightly better than I make them sound, I'm horrible at explaining things. ^^;
(the problem with me and my friend drawing a manga together is that our styles are quite different, but we keep telling ourselves that this is just a draft and the proper one will turn out better ^^;)

I suppose I can draw heads and bodies (i'm not saying i can draw them well though) I might occasionally draw a really good one, but then I lose interest and can only draw pathetic ones the rest of the day...

Well, anyway, I'd like to do a romantic/adventure one with my own characters (although fan-comics are pretty fun too, there are so many ways to make fun of sasuke) It'd be interesting. ^^

Good luck with your ones! ^^ And practice drawing bodies, if you're good at drawing heads then keep practicing that!

Nancy asks…

How to draw manga, starting from some-one who is hopeless at drawing?

Today I was searching on how to draw. I found a website showing you how to draw a female head. I got out some paper and started to make a circle. I cannot even draw basic shapes well, so I was using a compass. I started to make the circle when the compass started to slip, I kept turning the paper and the compass slipped right off the paper into the bottom of my thumb. I immediatly saw this as a signal that I simply was not meant to draw. In rage I just snapped my pencil and threw it out the window.



What do you think? Am I just not meant to draw? Should I just throw in the towel? I spent like 12 weeks drawing last year with no signs of improvement. I am the worst drawer in my class, probably even the entire school.

admin answers:

An artist once said: everyone can draw.
Just because your work is not picture perfect doesn't mean you can't draw.
You probably won't be able to draw manga but there are other styles you can try to adopt. Start from the basics. Try life drawing..... So drawing something that is infront of you. Like a pencil. Really look at it.... Don't just draw what you think should be there.... Analyze it, look at your drawing then what you are drawing constantly to check its the same. Once you get the hang of this you can move onto something harder. Try different drawing exercises too to get your brain warmed up. Also try holding your pencil differently.
Try using charcoal or pastels to create what you see.

There are big artists who can't draw picture perfect but were determined and understood design. For example:
benoit jacques,
jesper waldersten,
al heighton,
astrid chesney,
marion deuchars,
borris hopek.....
Check these out, google them, this may make you feel better.
Don't give up!
Try using the computer to aid your drawings. And try things like collage!
Artists like:
Eduardo Recife
Sarah Fanelli

here are some drawing exercises:

http://www.drawright.com/vaceface.htm

http://www.buddingartist.co.uk/DrawingExercisesCategory.html

good luck with your drawing. Keep at it and don't give up!!!!!

Richard asks…

How to improve drawing?

If you say just draw more , then don't answer at all. Can you give me any drawing tips? I can draw the head in manga pretty well ,but I can't draw the body at all! Can you please give me some tips on draw the body as well. I also want to draw draw realistic faces , give me some tips on that ,too.

admin answers:

Try using references
how to books can be helpful too
look up videos on youtube
i learned by watching artists draw and taking their techniques and using what worked for me
and just keep on practicing
if you have a sketchbook its always a good idea to just cut out pictures out of magazines and keep them in there for future references

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment