Sunday, February 12, 2012

Questions About How To Cite A Book In A Paper

Betty asks…

how to cite a book in a paper?

i have to right a summary on a book i read and the teacher said i had to site every thing that wasnt common knowledge. how would i go about doing this?

admin answers:

Ax your teacher

John asks…

ASAP! Science Research Paper. How do you cite a book in your research paper?

ASAP! Science Research Paper. How do you cite a book in your research paper? We have to put it in the research paper.

admin answers:

Http://www.easybib.com/

Daniel asks…

How to cite a passage from my book in my paper?

I was reading the back cover of my book, and i wanted to use an exact phrase that was in it. I didn't know how to cite it or if I even have to cite it, but I'm guessing i have to so it wont be considered plagiarism .So if anyone knows please let me know[:

admin answers:

Yes, you have to cite it, as it is not yours. Cite the phrase like you normally would, but instead of page, use the phrase "dust cover."

Regards,
Dan

Sandy asks…

How, after a quote in a research paper, would I cite something from a book of short stories?

In the paper, how do I cite a quote that is from a short story from a book of short stories?

Example:
(Smith 24) would be a normal citation..

The book of short stories is composed by someone other than the author (all the stories share the same author). I want to cite what the actual author, Ambrose Bierce, says in one of his stories.. I can't really go by page number, can I? It is many stories in one book, that is composed by Edward Wagenknecht.

So, do I still say:
(Bierce 95) ?

Thanks.

admin answers:

You want the author who said it. If you want the bibliography use easybib.com

George asks…

Research Paper: how do i cite the book i am doing the research paper about, in the paper itself?

for example: its on the book The shadow of the Wind. in my paper i wrote: In the book, The Shadow of the Wind, Carlos Zafon paints a realistic picture. . . so what do i do with the book's title. underline? italics? it has to be MLA style....someone please help . . .thanks. . . -nervous college student

admin answers:

Get the proper format help sheet from the librarian in your school. The citation will differ depending on the source, internet, book, article, etc. At least you'll have examples to follow.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment