Sunday, February 26, 2012

Questions About How To Tie A Tie With A Dimple

Steven asks…

Your neck tie: do you wear it with a dimple, or without?

dimple or no dimple: that is the question. do you wear your neck tie with a dimple, or without?

The dimple is found at the top of the tie when you wear it. It is just below the tie knot.

Historically, a neck tie is supposed to be worn with a dimple.

How do you wear yours? There is a difference in the appearance. Does this matter to you? And why?

admin answers:

Dimples look great, but are hard to create!

Jenny asks…

Tie Etiquette- The dimple, the tuck, and matching?

Hey, a couple of things, I was wondering what the best "look" and what's in was (and more specifically, what the ladies like, haha)
1. Is a dimple in the tie preferred? If so, how many? Because I can do one in the center, or one in the center with 2 small ones in the sides. I make my dimples symmetrical but sometimes I like an undimpled tie.
2. Is it tacky to tuck the back of the tie into the loop after being tied? Some say yes, some say no
3. What's your take on a burberry classic checked tie in general?
3a. With a subtle black pinstriped suit and white shirt?

Thanks so much!
Also, in a 3 buttoned suit..top 2 or just middle?
People say top 2 because it's the classic look but i like the middle because it makes an X if the suit fits well..and i do like symmetry :)

admin answers:

One person's opinion:
1. Single dimple looks subtle and classy.
2.Not tacky. Does not show, and keeps the ends aligned.
3&4. Burberry generally always tasteful, but maybe a tad bright in a tie and maybe a little busy/casual in style for the pinstriped suit.

Sharon asks…

How can I make the beginning of my short story better?

Spring is suicide season. Maya whispered it in the morning and cut through my fog and I wouldn’t believe her. I crunched my legs further down into the wispy, fading vinyl of my Ariel sleeping bag and bit down to the solid moon of my thumb. The dimples on my fingers my mom had kissed when I caught my breath and swallowed it just right at night, so it looked like I was sleeping, were cut through with fresh knuckles. Sometimes I still stretch the skin over my knuckles, the tendon now streaks through, but it makes me feel somewhat mature.

Some headlights licked the top of my bag, forcing me to find my darkness at the very base of the bag, face pressed to the floor. I pretended not to care, keeping myself from grabbing at the letter bead hair tie on my wrist to tie up my static hair.

Hey, she said. She kicked Ariel through the face and slammed my back. And I don’t move don’t breath don’t blink. I was born knowing that silence is an answer and a joke and a comfort all at once. That’s why the doctor slapped me four times. I saw it on a video ribboned with static and grain, I thought it was a Disney princess movie. I didn’t look at my mom for a whole day and that night I didn’t pretend to be sleeping.



Thanks!

admin answers:

First of all, ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC START!
It's creative, rich words, and very descriptive. If i were you, i wouldn't change a thing and continue on the story. I don't know how you should change it cuz it's great! Just keep working on it!! :-)

Lizzie asks…

can anyone help me edit this PARAGRAPHS?

My Valentine
Today is finally the day, February 14 of 2009. I told myself today is going to be the day, no more excuses because I know exactly what to say. I feel the rush and my mind in waste, every time I see his face. I am wearing a new outfit to boost my confident, pink flowers dress with white flat and a red bow tie on my head. Hopefully I won’t let another chance slip away.
It is lunchtime, and I’m waiting for him outside his classroom. A cool wind flew softly against my face run through my spine. Then, I heard a voice calling me from behind.
“Hey Brittany, what are you doing here?” He asks surprisingly.
My hands folds behind my back, while my body rock back and forth. I start to lose my nerve whenever he gets close-short of breath, and with a heavy feeling in my chest while I utter and sputter, “Well…I have something for you.”
He smiles with a dimple on his left cheek, “what it is? You seem to act so strange today?”
While I try to hide my anxiety, I come across his eyes. The look made my heart melt into pieces, but with all my courage I place the box of chocolate behind my back on his hand. The rush, once again, come across my body, “this is for you, and I hope you like it.”
He is surprising by my act, but then he has a smile on again. He gives me a big hug and reaches into his left pocket to get something. It was a red rose made by crystal. I never know he feels the same way about me.



ANY IDEAS HOW TO HELP ME WRITE AN INTRO AND CONCLUSION. THANKS ALOT

admin answers:

Your paragraph is full of grammatical mistakes. When I say full of, I mean I see one in 9 out of 10 sentences.

Commas do not connect two separate sentences together.

For example: I like cheese, it tastes good. <=WRONG
"I told myself today is going to be the day, no more excuses because I know exactly what to say."

See the resemblance?


I like cheese. It tastes good <=RIGHT

The edited paragraph in the other answer is MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE! Follow hers and you will be sorry. Look up "common mistakes of commas" or something. Yours will surely be there.

Mary asks…

I feel like I'm ugly beauty tips please? No self confidence :(?

I have no confidence and I get picked on at school I see other girls and I envy them Why cant I be happy with myself? How could I feel better about myself or possibly improve my looks? whenever I look in the mirror I cringe
Heres my problems:
My hair is unbearable no matter what style I have nothing suits it at the moment I have medium length hair in choppy layers which I hate I asked for a particular style the "scene" look I showed the hairdresser a picture of someone I know but its like a mullet and my side swept fringe is really thin compared to that girls hair she cut an inch off when I am trying to grow my hair out but it wont grow past my shoulders I have to straighten and wash it everyday or it gets greasy and flicks out everywhere in a mess. I have to tie it up everyday now so how can I cope with my hair whilst its growing out? and how can I speed up the process of growing my hair up to my breasts?
I have a gap in my front teeth (its getting fixed with braces)
I have dark hair that I have to constantly get waxed in places on my face it grows back fast and I also have hair in unwanted places I keep telling my mum its hormonal imbalance but she wont listen
My eyes are brown and plain
I have a cleft chin (bum chin)
I have dimples and freckles
I have to wear make up to look pretty
I have noticed my body is not symmetrical and my facial features one side is bigger than the other
Im 15 and my breasts are unbelievably small and they are not round enough or close together 32aa so will I grow or will i be small forever?

My guy friend tells me im beautiful but I feel as though he is saying that to make me feel better I have low-self esteem so how could I be more positive?

I know I am being selfish but I dont like feeling this way.

Could someone give me some beauty tips please!?
But by my picture am I ugly I need people to be brutally honest.

admin answers:

Beauty stems from confidence. Everybody is different and unique and that is what makes us beautiful. Let your smile be the thing that someone falls in love with, not how unruly your hair is on certain days. I know it's hard to be happy with your self but really try. Also, try finding a hobby that you truly love (for me it's painting). Doing something that makes us happy always makes us feel better about ourselves and guys like a girl who doesn't just sit there talking about celebs and makeup.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment