Monday, March 5, 2012

Questions About How To Activate A Verizon Phone Without Paying

Lizzie asks…

How do I activate prepaid service on a Verizon phone that still owes money for a contract?

My friend has a Verizon phone he is willing to sell to me for cheap but he still owes Verizon for the contract that the phone was used with. If I bought the phone could I have it connected for Verizon prepaid without him paying his bill?

admin answers:

You can't. The phone probably has a bad ESN/MEID. The ESN or MEID is a number the carrier uses to identify the phone. If someone doesn't pay their bill, the carrier blacklists the phone's ESN/MEID number and will not activate.

You can go to Cricket and have it flashed to their service, but I believe that is the only way to activate your phone other than assigning a new ESN/MEID number (which is possible but painfully complicated).
Good luck.

Betty asks…

How can i get a new phone with verizon wireless when my contract isnt up yet and without paying full price?

I want to get the blackberry storm 2 but my contract isnt up yet and i dont want to pay full price for it. Could i get a new blackberry storm 2 from ebay and then go to a verizon wireless store and activate it there?

admin answers:

Sure you could. Keep in mind that with this option, the phone will not have any kind of warranty and is ineligible for insurance. Also, with any phone purchased online, there's a risk of it being lost or stolen. So get the ESN from the seller before you buy, and confirm it with Verizon, if that's what you end up doing.

Maria asks…

I have a verizon blackberry pearl unactivated. Is there any way to activate it without the 30 $ a month fee?

I have a verizon blackberry pearl phone and its unactivated.
I dont want to straight up activate with verizon because then I have to pay
30 dollars a month for blackberry enterprise. How can I activate it without going through verizon phone line or having to pay extra? how can I basically just activate the phone line on the phone? I dont want the email or extras?
is it possible?

admin answers:

It is impossible.

The phone wont even let us register it into the Verizon Network without having a data plan on your account

It is a downfall, but required for smartphones such as blackberry

There is no way to override.

Donald asks…

How do i transfer my phone numbers to my new activated phone(same model) without having to pay $10 to verizon?

isnt there a thing i can do to import my numbers on my computer? idk?

admin answers:

You will need to have backup assistant installed on your phone in order to transfer the contacts for free. It's a free application you can get on your phone, just download it on the old handset, then once the new phone is activated download it onto the new handset and it will transfer all your contacts. It also allows you to manage your phonebook on verizon's webpage. Here's the link so you can read more about back up assistant-
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/landingpages/backup.jsp?market=All

Thomas asks…

how do you activate your warranty for a verizon wireless phone?

my phone is a peice of crap. i have a one year warranty so i should be able to get a new one, but how do you activate it so you can get a new phone without having to pay?

admin answers:

From the day you purchase your phone, your warranty is automatically activated. It is not like a power tool you just purchased from home depot where you have to mail something off...it is immediately activated and Verizon Wireless would look at the date you purchased your phone and then determine if it is covered under the warranty. Any DIRECT Corporate Verizon Wireless store is able to do the exchange. Also, you can call Verizon customer care from any other phone besides your cell and have them verify that it is able to be exchanged...also...if you are confident you did not break your phone...and you think the warranty covers the issue you are having...customer service can also send you out a replacement phone...and you mail back your old phone..and it only takes 2-3 days to get to your house.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment