Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Questions About How To Back Up Iphone To Icloud

Joseph asks…

How do I retrieve my iCloud files back onto my iPhone? ?

I recently had my iPhone replaced, and ensured all my data was backed up on iCloud before I changed over. But now I can work out how to get all my data of iCloud and back onto my phone? Please help xxx

admin answers:

Here is what the apple site has on how to restore from iCloud:

When you set up a new iOS device or need to restore the information on one you already have, iCloud Backup does the heavy lifting. Just connect your device to Wi-Fi and enter your Apple ID and password. Your personal data — along with your purchased music, apps and books from iTunes — will appear on your device.

Hope this helps you.

Nancy asks…

How do I restore my iPhone 4 on icloud?

Got replacement phone set up on iTunes but can't find a way to restore my pictures I backed up on iCloud ,
Any one got a step by step guide?
Cheers
Can't find any way to restore on iCloud on my phone only back up?
How do you restore from iCloud on phone as cannot find any way to?
Thanks

admin answers:

You go on settings, then iCloud and put in your account details... And everything should come on...(:

Daniel asks…

How to backup old iphone on icloud to restore to new iphone?

My mom just got a new iphone 4s. She wants to back up everything from her old iphone (An older version, may be a 2 or 3 iphone.) To the new one. We have already downloaded icloud, created a itunes account for her. The icloud just backed up all my little sisters music library. After that the only icon for it in the actual itunes is next to the library/Music file names.

We need to know how to get allllllll her old information from her old phone to the new one asap.
We have a new SIM card too, we have a sync cord, we paid for the icloud also. I dont want this to be a waste. A lady at a AT&T store told us to use icloud to back everything up.

So to wrap it all up into simple text: We need to transfer data.

We need this ASAP. I would be so happy!!!

admin answers:

You do not need to use iCloud to put all the information onto the new iPhone. There is a faster way. Simply plug the old iPhone into iTunes, sync it, then back click your iPhones name on the iTunes sidebar and select backup. After that's done and you plug the new iPhone into iTunes, it should ask you if you want to restore the phone from the backup, and just select the most recent backup you just did. If it doesn't automatically do that, click restore on iTunes and once the iPhone has been restored you can put the backup on. After that, just sync your phone and all your music, apps, contacts, settings, etc. Will be on there!

But if you do want to use iCloud, then do the following.

Make sure the older iPhone is running the latest software (iOS 5.0). You can check the version of your software by going to Settings > General > About. It will be listed under 'Version'. If you're not running iOS 5.0 or above, you'll need sync and backup your phone and then update your iPhone. Once that is done, all the information will be put back onto the phone and you can set up iCloud.

You'll now have to force iCloud to do a backup. Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Back Up Now. Once your phone is backed up to iCloud, you can then set up the new phone, enter your Apple ID, and choose to restore from an iCloud backup.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me via my e-mail on my profile. Happy new years!

Thomas asks…

Backing Up iPhone 4 to iPhone 4s?

So I'm getting an iPhone 4s for Christmas, and I'm confused how I can transfer my stuff from my iPhone 4 to the 4s. I have iOS5 & iCloud on my phone but the 5GB allowance for it is far too small to be any use for me, as i have 000's of contacts, multiple email accounts etc, (I've used 26GB of my 32BG) So will a back up from iTunes still work the same way as iCloud.
Also I know I will lose Messages, but what else will not transfer?

admin answers:

Well. You can export all stuff from your iPhone 4 to computer or iTunes.
With iPhone transfer program.
Http://www.iphonecontactsbackup.com/
Then you can sync the new iPhone 4s to iTunes and import the items to new one easily.
Good luck.

John asks…

How do you backup SMS messages in iCloud?

Hey guys,
I need to back up everything on my iPhone to iCloud.
The only thing I'm not sure about is how to back up my SMS messages.
When you go into Settings > iCloud and it gives you a list of things to select on/off for, I have selected on for everything.
But where is SMS? Are they included under Documents & Data, or are they elsewhere?
Thanks

admin answers:

When I first started using iOS 5 I was somewhat confused about the new feature and on how to maximize my iCloud experience. This is a step to step guide to use the icloud feature.
---->http://www.theicloudblog.com/

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment