Friday, March 16, 2012

Questions About How To Ask For A Raise Letter

Ken asks…

How do I ask for a raise (in written form)?

I have been working with this company for more than two and a half years. I have never asked for a raise but I know it is my right to ask for one (though I know that does not mean I will necessarily get one! hehe) - I would like to type up a letter asking for a raise, but how do I do that? (how should I 'word' it)? - TIA!

admin answers:

Dont ask apprasal in written form, always ask your boss for his/her time to discuss the issue.Be confident its your right to ask for raise untill and unless it wasnt discuss in ur contract or during intervw tym.Tell ur boss that you been wrkin really hard for the company and you wud like to see urslf also growin like your company.
If he dsnt bothr hunt for othr job..!
Hope it hlps...all the bst!

James asks…

what can i put in a letter to ask for a raise, i am hella broke and i do not know if i will be able to survive?

i have been with the company for 3 years part time then in march i went fulltime with almost double the salary i do now know how to word my letter i have 5 dependants and my fiance so we have a full house ty in advance

admin answers:

Your employer cannot be held responsible for the number of dependants you have.
If you have been fulltime for only three months, it would be highly unlikely you would get a raise this year. If you are the only one in the house earning a salary, you have to ask yourself why, and is it fair.

John asks…

how do I write a letter asking help raising funds for medical expenses?

I need a kidney transplant SOON and must live 200 miles from home where hospital is for up to 12 weeks. money is tight and temporary living expenses are not covered. this letter will be for friends and extended family

admin answers:

Check with your local chapter of United Way and see if they can help put you in contact with different church groups or organizations that help in these matters. Good luck.

Jenny asks…

How do I ask my boss for a raise? or Should I write him a letter asking for one?

I work for an Insurance Agent. That I was recently passed on to when another Agent quite. We explained to the new agent what our agreement was and he agreed. But things have not been the same. I was my hours were very flex before which made up for lower pay rate and not so flex now So I want my rate to go up. Not to mention my ex boss always gave me a little more. How would you approach this?
Pay Detail: This is the previous agreement
•1,250 a month but he always gave me 1,500 so you could say it was 1,500
•1,500/4 = 375 /40hrs = 9.35 hour
•And hours were very flex
•50% on all my commissions and no charge backs
•Life Insurance Policy 400 a year

This is where we are now
•1,250 a month
•1,250/4 = 312/40hrs =7.81 an hour (under min wage)
•50% on all my commissions and no charge backs
NO flex time
•No life policy
I have been with him for 4 months now.

admin answers:

Wait until you have your review, once every 6 months for the first year, or once a year after that. Then put your points across.

Betty asks…

asking for a raise in a letter?

how do i ask for a raise? I have been with this company for 2 and a half years. never missed a day. I am getting a new boss in 4 weeks and I would like to ask my current boss for a raise because I know him and he knows me very well. I just don't know how to ask. I never really see him so I have to ask in a letter. So how do i word the letter?

admin answers:

Dont write a letter, do it personally.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment