Friday, March 9, 2012

Questions About How To Induce Labor At 40 Weeks

James asks…

How Much Castor Oil Should You Take At 40 Weeks To Induce Labor?

I am 40 weeks pregnant and very impatient. I'm ready to see my son! I took one Tbl of castor oil it's an hour later and nothing yet. Should I have taken more or should I wait longer. The DR says i'm dialated a finger and my cervix is ripe.

admin answers:

Ask your doc to check how far your dilated and effaced if your at leased 2cm 50%effaced if not then dont try it your not ready if you are then have him strip you membranes then your ready take a long walk

wait until it dark like around 8pm then start with the castor oil 2oz with like 4oz orange juice the more jucise the better cause the castor oil well be more diloated like in an hour or so you'll start to go to the bath room it well start to slow down the take another 2 oz of castor oil with 2oz of orange juice and let it do its job once things have start to slow down make some ginger tea the powder kind its stronger an hour later 2oz red wine and relax

if your runs have slowed down then take a short walk keep active for a while the tkae a very warm bath with epsom salt and relax then go to bed

i was out of the bath not 30min when my contractions start 5 min and less apart 10 min later my water broke

i got to the hosptal at 7 am and had a healthy baby boy at 10:11 am 6lb 15 oz 20.5 in

PS buy the rite aids brand castor oil its odorless and tasteless

I didnt get the horrible cramps every one was telling me about or the vomiting like i had when i was induce medically with my first all i got was some runs which wasnt bad at all if you need to know anything else Email me


good luck

Sandra asks…

how much castor oil do i take to induce labor at 40.2 weeks?

i already took it twice at like 37 weeks...but now im overdue and i dont wanna hear rude comments

admin answers:

The bottle of castor oil should tell you the safest amount to take, I took it when i was 39.5 weeks, and all it did was give me bad tummy pains and the shits for about 12 hours, and after you take it dont go for a walk or anything because you will need to be within close proximity to a toilet, takes about 2 hours to work, but it will work for some and not others, plus some midwifes recommend some dont, it is supposed to empty your bowels which inturn can stimulate your uterus, which causes contractions, other ways to stimulate your uterus is nipple stimulation, which realllly works if your doing it right, sends a message to your brain and the uterus contracts, much like a newborn feeding from you, that also contracts the uterus, try this instead cos if u go into labour after taking castor oil, you dont want to be crapping yourself on the bed.

William asks…

40 weeks 2 days pregnant. How long do doctors wait to induce labor?

Im 40 weeks 2 days pregnant with no sign of going into labor...no contractions, im not dilated or effaced at all. I am sooo ready to have this baby. Can they induce you without being dilated at all??
I also have a cold, which makes it ten times worse. cant sleep at night cause of the back pain and the sneezing

admin answers:

My due date last year was June 8 and by that point I wasn't dilated or effaced at all and they scheduled my induction for June 19 so I was 41w4d along. Just hang in there, its unsafe to carry the baby any longer than 42 weeks, so not much longer. Good luck, I wish you a happy, healthy baby.

Mark asks…

How will labor go if being induced at 40 weeks and 6 days?

My ob wants to induce me this monday the 14th, ill be 40 weeks and 6 days then. I'm just wondering how my labor might go being that 5 days ago I was 0 cm dilate and only 40 % effaced. They want to induce me bc for 3 weeks I have been contrating every 4 to 6 mins with mild pain but my body is just not progressing on its own. There giving me cervidil for 12 hrs to start, so what will that do?

admin answers:

Nobody...not even a doctor can tell you how long your labour is going to be.

Richard asks…

40 weeks and worried Please HELP??? (induced labor) ?

Ok I have barley had any contractions or BH what I have gotten have been super mild (especially compared to my menstral cramps before i was prego) My due date is tomorrow. I went friday to my apt and asked how my spts were gonna work cause i go in at Xweeks and 4days. (i was libo bettween 39 and 40 LOL) I also have had pain in my right hip and had a slip and fall that did not make it better. My nurse came in saying the doc wants me to go in on my due date to have a sono to check fluid levels, a stress test done and to be put on a monitor, after that to schedule my date to induce labor. At my last apt they said I was softening (which for the last several weeks my cervix had not changed it was high and closed.) I have been taking the EPO and red razberry leaf tea to help with that and it did not worK LOL I am nervous about being induced and heard its a harder and longer labor?? If you went though this let me know, If you were induced please give me advice. Spinal meds are a no go, Ihave had back problems before as well with my hip and have tats all over my spine so any spinal meds are out for me.
Thanks for the help I am a first time prego
My doctor wants me to keep as much weight off my hip as possible because of all the discomfort. LOL

admin answers:

Hi i know how you are feeling i was the same with my second son. My labor was induced at 9 o'clock with the gel, which worked a few hours later, but i walked the hospital grounds for 4 hours checking the time of my contractions which were not as strong as my first born. I eventually went back to the ward to be checked over they then transferred me into the labor suite, I had my son within 40 minutes it was a beautiful experience. They did have to break my waters but then i had to start pushing. I had no drugs for the pain but with my other son i did have. I would recommend walking about as much as you can once they insert the gel, I am not saying it will work for you but it's worth a try. I hope you have a beautiful experience like me but try not to worry, I honestly feel it for you as it is so worrying when you don't know when your having your baby. I wish you a beautiful experience and you know i was told a old wife's tail when it happened to me, Only a boy could be as stubborn to come out from the mum and it was a boy i had lol. Good luck whatever you have i wish you both good health and happiness x

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment