Thursday, March 22, 2012

Questions About How To Boil An Egg In The Microwave

Lisa asks…

how to boil egg in microwave?

I boil egg on gas, it takes 2 to 4 minutes. Now I want to boil the egg in microwave. I have tried, but there was a problem ...... you know what had happened.

admin answers:

Take egg out of microwave, put in pot with water, put on stove top...

John asks…

I tried to boil an egg in my microwave oven?

I put it in a cup full of water and waited. It exploded and now the micro wave is shorting out the electricity supply when I try to turn it on. Any advice on how to sort out this problem? If the egg in exploding shot the water into the electrics in some way might I be able to dismantle the oven and dry it out whatever may be wet or should I get a new micro wave? What do you think ?

admin answers:

When you get your new oven and want to do an egg in it....crack the egg into a small bowl (I use a ramekin or custard cup). Cover loosely with Saran or Glad wrap and cook 10 seconds at a time on half power. It's easy to over cook it and it will explode even this way but not like if left in a shell. It's the little at a time that does it.

Daniel asks…

How do you microwave a hard boil egg without it exploding EVERYWHERE in the microwave lol?

okay the egg is already hardboiled, I just want to eat it warm and it is cold........but I put it in the microwace and it exploded while it was heating up... like I took off the shell and stuff


oh my gosh maybe I should just eat it cold... I just dont want to

admin answers:

Cut it in half, and heat it up gradually. Like a minute at at time, but honestly, I love them cold with lots of salt!

Laura asks…

Why can't I boil an egg in a microwave?

Years ago I tried this ( I want to blame my ex-wife, but it was probably my dumb idea) and of course we all know what happened. I have been told if I took a small straight pin and pricked a small hole in both ends of an egg, I should be able to do so in a bowl with water and a little salt. I tried to prick the wholes...the egg ran. I tried again and in the water, the egg ran....let's NOT discuss the smell.

Ideas?

And HOW can I get rid of that smell?

admin answers:

What I do is gently break open the shell and empty the egg into a special plastic container made for cooking eggs in a microwave. You can also use a bowl. But, you have to slightly stir the egg yolk, or it will still explode or burst in the mircrowave. But it still taste the same as a hard boiled egg.

I think I cooked for 40 or 50 seconds - you have to experiment to get it right.

Trish

Oh, try vinegar or baking soda to get rid of smell.

David asks…

How can I soft boil and hard boil eggs in the microwave?

I saw a gadget in this one catalog for boiling eggs. But I want to see if I can do it without buying this gadget. I tried it once, but the egg exploded, so I must've done something wrong. Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!

admin answers:

First, you have to realize that what the Microwave does is make water hot, eventually boiling it. This makes steam, so any moisture in yoru egg will expand and explode. The gadget usually makes a small hole in the top if the eggshell to let the steam out!
If you do not need the shell, then crack the egg into amicro-safe dish, add a few drops of water, cover with wrap and nuke away. As each micro is a bit different, you will have to time it to see when it is hard or soft boiled. Likewise, you could put the egg into a micro-safe bowl of water and do it that way i guess. I find micro eggs to be a bit rubbery myself.
K

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment