Sunday, March 25, 2012

Questions About How To Get Rid Of Fruit Flies And Gnats

Chris asks…

How to get rid of gnats/fruit flies?

I own a kinkjaou(rescued so don't hassle me )(people couldn't take care of him so I have him and have experience)I keep his cage clean.
I clean it everyday but have serious friut flies and gnats.
What is a safe way to get rid of them?
He isn't eating right because of them.

admin answers:

I recently had a nasty fruit fly problem and it seemed to me that a wine trap worked fairly well. Just pour some sweet wine into a glass (not much is needed maybe a quarter of a normal drinking glass), stretch some saran over it and tape it down. Then poke a small hole in it. The flys get in but cant get back out. Theres much more information on the reference site i posted. Good luck!

Charles asks…

How can i get rid of fruit flies/gnats?

I have cleaned my house from top to bottom, the garbage disposal, trash cans everything i can think of and they will not leave! I have them in my bed!!!! why would they want to hang out in my bed? no food there or anything...please help!

admin answers:

I found that they hang out in the soil of the house plants! They seem to breed there. But what I've been wanting to do is this: Put a banana peel in the micro wave and leave the door open for about a half hour or forty five minutes, then when the flies are all over it... You got it. Close the door and hit the one minute button! My wife won't let me so I haven't tried it. Check your house plants though.

William asks…

How to get rid of annoying gnats/fruit flies?

We have gnats/fruit flies. Don't know which in the house. We don't have plants. We do have many caged animals though. We have 2 guinea pigs and 2 rabbits. These bugs hang around their clean cages. What are they and how do I get rid of them without harming my animals? Would fly traps work?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. Will they ever go away? And where are they coming from?

admin answers:

Elmers glue with a little water on a plate.

Potato slices on a plate for them to lay their eggs on. Flush every other day.

Soap water in a dish. They drown in this.

They lay their eggs in water and in drains. Bleach or very hot water down the drains.

I think they want the water.

Lisa asks…

How do you get rid of fruit flies or drain flies or gnats? I don't know what they are but I want them gone!!?

I have never had a problem with fruit flies or drain flies or gnats or whatever they are called ever. We moved into this apartment and they are here really bad and will NOT go away no matter what I do. They are mostly in the kitchen but have been in the bathroom at times as well. I would greatly appreciate any ideas on how to make them go away! Thanks :)

admin answers:

Fly tape hang it up

Daniel asks…

How do I get rid of gnats or fruit flies.?

I have young children so I'm afraid to use chemicals. There is a hoard of them and they seem to have come from no where. We don't have any fruit outside of the fridge.

admin answers:

Make sure to check old potatoes or any thing in the pantry as well

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment