Friday, March 9, 2012

Questions About How To Cook A Turkey On The Grill

Laura asks…

Could you Cook a Turkey without making it Smoked on the Grill?

My Oven broke a week ago.. How can I cook my turkey on the grill? I don't want it to be BBQ just cooked.

admin answers:

First, you should absolutely break the turkey down into parts. Trying to cook a whole turkey on a grill would take FOREVER!! Once you have the turkey into pieces, try brining it to add flavor overnight ( make brine by using water, wine, salt, peppercorns and lots of herbs, garlic and onion too if you like pour this into as many large ziplocs as you need and place turkey parts in and let sit in fridge overnight or for as long as possible) When you are ready to cook, get the grill nice and hot, remove turkey from brine and pat dry, then brush with oil and salt and pepper both sides, and get grilling. Be sure to have an instant read meat thermometer and check all pieces are cooked through before serving. It should be delicious!!

Michael asks…

How do you cook a turkey in foil in the grill?

I have volunteered to cook the turkey this year. I originally wanted to pit the turkey but could not talk the folks in to letting me dig a big whole in the back yard. My second thoughts are wrapping the turkey in foil and putting it on the grill. Has any one ever done this? And do you have a great recipe?

admin answers:

When I do this, I use an aluminum roasting pan (you can find them at any grocery store as well as the dollar store) and just cover the top with foil. Not only does it keep the juices from getting down onto the coals and creating a massive amount of smoke/steam, you get to use the drippings for gravy! I usually put a metal roasting rack in the pan too, so that the bird isn't soggy on the bottom.

Linda asks…

How do you cook a frozen turkey patty on a george foreman grill?

I bought a frozen stacked bag of individual patties by jennie o. I have a george foreman grill and i am wondering how to cook them? or at the very least, do i need to thaw them before hand, or stick them on the grill frozen?

admin answers:

Just like a hamburger,put them on frozen ,check middle for being done!

Ruth asks…

Can I cook a 22lb turkey on a gas grill / BBQ? ?

I need to cook a 20-22lb bird on my gas BBQ. How can I cook such a large bird without it becoming dry? Do I need to cover it with aluminum foil? What temp and for how long? Any receipts and advice for injecting flavors would be great too. I’d like to know the largest bird you’ve grilled, how it turned out and if you’d do it again.

admin answers:

Yes, you can, but you really need to use INdirect heat... Light one side of grill, but put turkey on the other. Start it breast side down, then flip about half-way thru cooking. You REALLY need a meat thermometer to be sure it's done. A pan of water in there wouldn't hurt it staying moist, either.

William asks…

how long to cook a turkey on Webber?

How long does it take to BBQ a turkey on a Webber thats about 19 lbs? Any idea? We put the turkey on the grill and drip it into a alum. pan. Any ideas how long to BBQ it?

admin answers:

That is gonna be a tough one. Webber is usually high heat. Good for beef and grilling. Turkey (especially that big) is gonna burn on the outside and be raw on the inside. You need to keep the meat far away from the heat and covered. I like an outdoor deep frier for cooking turkey outside.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment