Thursday, March 8, 2012

Questions About How To Install Minecraft Mods

Mary asks…

How do you install minecraft mods for mac?

Okay I've had minecraft for awhile and I want to know hot to install mods like single player commands to a mac. I would like instructions from you not a link plz. Thanks!!
What is terminal?

admin answers:

To start you need to read the whole guide to get this or you will either mess somthing up or screw up your minecraft.
Ok first if you have osx lion then private message me on answers but if you still have snow leopard then what you do is go into finder, then library, the application support, then minecraft, then from there create a new folder called "mods" just like that and make a new folder and name it the name of your mods for example "zombe", thats what i have. Then go into terminal (terminal is the macintosh version of command prompt, it is basically a way to do certain commands on a computer buy typeing it in computer code so it can be understood easier.) and copy/paste this (without the "")
"cd ~
mkdir mctmp
cd mctmp
jar xf ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar"
then go into the new folder in your folder called mctmp and copy/paste all of your class files you downloaded with the mod (the .class's are the mods) then after you copy/paste them go back into terminal and copy/paste this code (without the "")
"rm META-INF/MOJANG_C.*
jar uf ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar ./
cd ..
Rm -rf mctmp"
and your good to go! Code one opens the mctmp folder and code two closes it.

Hope this helps

Joseph asks…

how to install minecraft mods on unlicensed copy?

i have a unlicensed copy of minecraft. and all instructions for installing mods say that i need the minecraft.jar file. and my copy does not have that file. so how do i install mods?

admin answers:

Open "My Computer". Open "Local Disk". Open "Documents and Settings". Open "(your username)". Open "Application Data". Open ".minecraft". Open "bin". Open "minecraft.jar". Move files in accordingly. You can visit the forum to learn how to install mods, it works for both licensed and unlicensed.

Laura asks…

How to install Minecraft Mods?

Today I'm gonna be buying Minecraft for PC, and I was wondering how to install mods for it (obviously!). The only ones I'm really after are the Timber! Mod and TooManyItems. The only thing is, when I look anywhere else, it talks about ModLoaders and stuff like that which makes my brain hurt. :(

So, can anyone explain to me, step by step, the simplest way to install these mods? Cheers in advance!

admin answers:

Go to this website http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/124583-guide-how-to-install-mods-for-minecraft/

Good luck!

Michael asks…

How do you install minecraft mods on a Mac?

I have seen some mods that I really want and I want to install them into my minecraft game. I have watched many tutorials and it seems my Mac is weird because I cannot find the file labeled minecraft that all the tutorials say I need. Could someone tell me what to do? Or at least tell me how to find that folder.

admin answers:

Go to Finder and then go to Places, and then to your user and from there go to library to application support and your minecraft folder will be in there.

Susan asks…

how to install minecraft mods and have the really work?

I have been googling this for ever now. as i follow the instructions on how to do it, it some how never works. its annoying as heck to read and watch people install and play with the mods so easily yet i can never get them working. only thing i can do Nearly is install texture packs. some one, anyone plz i beg of you, plz help me with my problem. any good advice will be appreciated greatly.

admin answers:

First off 99% of the question regarding how to install mods for minecraft and about black screens has to do with the capability of the mod and minecraft version.

1) Make sure the mod is updated for the current version of Minecraft. As of now it is 1.2_02
2) Download the mods then extract them using WinRAR
3) Locate minecraft.jar
-%appdata%.minecraftbin
4) Open it with WinRAR by right clicking on it
5) Just drag and drop the mod's .class files and folders into minecraft.jar
-Some mods may require more installation instructions, for that you'll have to read their guide, this is a general guide

If black screen occurs then the mod is not compatible with Minecraft version you have.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment