Friday, March 9, 2012

Questions About How To Eat Healthy At A Buffet

Ruth asks…

How Can I Eat Healthy at a Chinese Buffet?

My mom's birthday is comiming up soon and she wants to got to a buffet to celebrate and i'm on a diet. I only really like the chicken and broccoli, white rice, and the chicken on the stick, but that's all i really eat when i go there, but i pile my plate with it (I'm not gonna do that this time). And i plan to eat a salad before i go and use chopsticks. Any suggestions on making this meal healthier?

admin answers:

When I have chinese I always try and stay away from the dishes with lots of rich sauces. Instead I go for, vegetables in Oyster sauce and plain boiled rice. Or maybe chicken with vegetables.

Just avoid things like Sweet and Sour sauce etc...

Sandy asks…

HOW do you eat healthy?

I just can't seem to do it. I could do it if I put my mind to it, but it's just so hard!

In general I'm not terribly unhealthy. I'd just like to be more healthy than I am. I'm definitely a sweets person. I love love love anything with sugar in it! I frequently make cookies and cakes and pie and eat every last bit of it myself. :( I'm just lucky that I have such a good metabolism (though I'm 19 and still young...).

An example...If my friends and I go out to eat at a restaurant, I'll order chicken strips and fries or fish and chips and they'll order something healthy like caesar salad with chicken breast or greek salad or a wrap. To me, that's just not appetising. Everytime I've tried those things it just doesn't satisfy me. It's just like eating grass to me. I don't think it tastes good.

I came back from a 7 day cruise yesterday and the entire time I was there I ate SUPER healthy. And, I enjoyed what I ate! Mainly because the buffet was stocked with mountains of every food you could imagine and the healthy options were there and they tasted GOOD because they were made by amazing chefs! Now everything seems so boring in my house compared to what they had on the cruise. :( I look in my fridge and cupboards and see NOTHING that I would like to eat.

The only thing I could think of eating was flaked tuna on toasted bread. And it was boring.

Any advice? How can I make my meals yummy, but healthy at the same time...How can I create options to eat without having to buy out the entire grocery store?

admin answers:

Plan healthy snacks ahead of time and eat a little something every hour and a half or two hours (even if you are not hungry). Have lots of water to help food digestion and have less hunger. Also try to get a lot of fiber.

Trust me, it works great for me ( I am also 19 with a fast metabolism so I am lucky but I am afraid it won't last)

I have problems with sugar too. I love sweets! I bake cookies and things all the time but I try to substitute things to make them healthier. Research substituting fats like oil, butter and eggs with plain nonfat yogurt and flax seed. It tastes just as good. And I recommend using egg whites instead of whole eggs.
I love to use jello products because many are sugar free and fat free. I mix the powder (cheesecake flavor is my favorite) with plain nonfat yogurt satisfy my sweet tooth without the sugar. I mix it with yogurt and low fat cream cheese to make frosting. Yum :) You can use the pie recipes on the boxes as well.

Also, I use sugar free vanilla syrup in things like smoothies and it makes everything taste like ice cream!

Thomas asks…

My Uncle likes to eat at a buffet how do I tell him that I dont want to?

My uncle is a tall average weight guy and I'm curvy I want to lose weight but how can I tell him that I'm getting tired of eating out. How do I tell him with out him being upset? what are the healthy options at a buffet?? If there are any!! LOL

admin answers:

Just tell him

Chris asks…

Used to eat healthy, now I can't to save my life? suggestions?

I used to eat very healthily. I always ate salads and was very good at turning down junk foods. Well I just recently went on a cruise where pretty much everything was a buffet and since ive been back I havent changed my eating habits.. would like to get back into my old habits but mentally I cannot get myself to do it. any suggestions on how to control these intense cravings??

ps. ive gained 10 lbs since my cruise.... not healthy at all

admin answers:

Yeah I kind of went crazy food-wise over the winter & gained 8 pounds.

Basically you just get strict with yourself! Go shopping and stock your house with healthy food. Clear out the junk. Chew gum to prevent unhealthy snacks between meals. Plan out your meals & your snacks and keep a food diary. Exercise will also help you keep with it.

Best wishes! 10 pounds isn't much, you can do it =)

Oh and if you crave sweet things (like I do) - eat fruit!

Lisa asks…

How do you motivate a morbidly obese person to work out?

...and eat healthy?

One of my best friends is over 400 pounds at 5'2"

It pains me to see her struggle with everyday activities like walking, not only because she's my friend but also because I'm going to college for physical therapy, so in the future I will be helping people like her.

I always try to get her to walk with me for a measly 2 blocks but she refuses. She always eats out to chinese and all you can eat buffets and I try to get her to eat healthy foods like raw veggies but she complains about wanting to eat out.

Is there any hope for her?

admin answers:

Well you could buy yourself a Nintendo wii fit plus and you will be doing alot of exsising and yowon't't even notice that yowon't't evenoticeve that you arexcisingnbecausese you are having so much fun and its great as well because iweightsts you it self and it will keep youProgressss of your lossing weight and you can set your goal as long as you like good luck bye :)

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment