Monday, March 19, 2012

Questions About How To Enable Cookies In Firefox

Thomas asks…

How can I enable cookies on Firefox?

I've read in numerous places that I need to go to tools - options - privacy - and check a box that says something along the lines of 'allow sites to set cookies'. But there is no such box? Help would be wonderful!

I use Firefox3.5.3, if that helps at all.

admin answers:

Go to tools, privacy, check except cookies from sites.

Jenny asks…

How do I "enable" cookies in Firefox?

I got the message "Your browser must have cookies enabled in order to download this file, and you must download it within 10 minutes of conversion. After enabling cookies, you may have to retry your conversion" when trying to download a youtube video using a Greasemonkey script. I'm pretty sure I have cookies enabled on all levels but it still won't let me download, what can I do now?

admin answers:

Tools> Options> Privacy: top drop menu set to "Firefox will use custom settings..."> Check 'Accept Cookies from sites'
►Un-Check 'Accept 3rd Party cookies', then:

Go to the site needing cookies> copy that URL> Tools> Options> Privacy> Exceptions> (paste that URL into slot)> Allow> Close.

"NoScript' users may have to "temporarily (or allow)....." from the blue 'S' tray icon.
Supplemental blockers, in browsers mainly, may have to be muted, or 'site allowed'.
No need to relax any other cookie settings (which help deter junk ads, pop-ups', malware etc.)

James asks…

How can i enable Firefox cookies...?

BTW...i have Firefox 2.0



I tried to visit hotmail.com and this is what it said....


=> Windows Live ID

Cookies must be allowed

Your browser is currently set to block cookies. Your browser must allow cookies before you can use Windows Live ID.

Cookies are small text files stored on your computer that tell Windows Live ID sites and services when you're signed in. To learn how to allow cookies, see online help in your web browser.


i went to tools-- option-- privacy and Allow cookies from site is checked like always. I even put hotmail.com as exception too (don't work)

I've tried uninstalling Firefox and Installing it again. (don't work)

Nothing works....Can someone please help me?
still dont work..i followed the instrutions...NOTHING WORKS DAMNIT IM GETTING PISSED..
i tried internet explorer...still dont work and that stupid error is the same

admin answers:

Directly from its source:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/options

But in this case I would recommend you to use Internet Explorer because since it is a microsoft web site they may use some Active X components which are only compatible with IE.

Mandy asks…

how do you enable cookies on Firefox?

I have Firefox. There is a site that says Please Enable Cookies to Sign In. How Do I Do That? Please Help
Thank You Thank You Thank You! It Worked!

admin answers:

For The Latest Versions of Netscape and Firefox

Click on the word Tools, which is contained in your top tool bar area.

This will pull down a menu for you to now click on Options.

Then click on the Privacy icon where you will see a Cookies Tab to click on for Firefox.

Netscape displays a listing of Privacy Settings where you will see Cookies within the list.

When you enter this area, you can clear the Cookies or choose the option to accept them

Susan asks…

how to enable cookies in firefox?

ok i went to optionscookies.

i checked in exeptions but its empty.

what is wrong?

admin answers:

Well it sounds like you haven't been to any sites that send cookies, BUT I know that's not the case because most popular sites do now.
I would say restart the browser and check your settings again, sometimes programs need a restart for settings to take effect. And I've been surprized at what settings needed a restart, so this sounds like one of those oddball settings that requires it and doesn't say anything to you.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment