Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Questions About How To Increase Metabolism Women

Mary asks…

How Can A Woman With Pcos Increase Her metabolism?

I have tried to exercise, walk, swim and much more but due to no energy, and too much stress I cant lose any weight due to my metabolism. I have been taking Metophorim since I was 21 and it hasn't been doing any good.

admin answers:

Metabolism is essentially the speed at which our body's motor is
running. The speed at which our body burns calories is called the metabolic
rate. It's how fast your "motor" is running when you're still in a
reclined position or sleeping. About 60-75% of energy is expended by the
body at rest in such activities.

The metabolism is based on the number of calories we burn throughout
the day. Our body constantly burns calories to keep us going whether we
are eating, sleeping, cleaning etc. People with a lower percentage of
body fat (i.e. Muscular) have a higher metabolism than others that are
less muscular because muscle uses more calories to maintain itself than
fat. Some people have a slower metabolic rate and have a harder time
staying slim. Younger persons have higher (faster) metabolism because of
the increased activity of cells. A slow metabolism actually causes to
store fat. The slower the metabolic rate, the greater the weight gains.
How to build muscles to improve metabolism? What type of exercise is
ideal that speed up metabolism so that you burn calories even at rest or
sleep? There are simple exercises that speed up the metabolism.

Causes for Low Metabolism

* Fasting
* A low calorie diet
* Snacking throughout the day on high sugared foods (candy, colas,
cakes, gum).
* Eating or drinking too much sugar containing foods.
* Lack of physical activity.
* Underactive thyroid.

Metabolism Boosters

There are some natural metabolism boosters (natural foods) that
improves your metabolism. Do not take over the counter pills containing animal
thyroid extract that claim to boost up metabolism. These products may
have side effects as diarrhea, increased heart rate, excessive
sweating, nervousness, tremors, bulging eyes, etc.

How to Improve (Speed up) Metabolism

* Do not skip any meals
* Exercise daily
* Build your muscles
* Avoid alcohol, sugar, and fastings
*Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily.
*Eat foods with high nutrition values

Sandra asks…

does the implanon slow down your metabolism?

I am almost 16 . about 5 ft 4 and im almost 8 stone. i want to know if the implanon (the contraceptive implant) slows down your metabolism or increases your apetite. i have been told it makes one gain considerable amounts of weight. but what i wnat to know is how it does this. some women have reported weight gain even though they are dieting and excercising. a little confused about this one. anyone have any explanations? please help xx

admin answers:

I am on my 3rd implanon now & i dont gain weight while on them. I know some people do, but really everyones different, so while some might others wont. From what i have heard, when you eat right & exercise and still gain weight then the extra weight is fluid retention.

Robert asks…

When should a pregnant woman start increasing her calories?

Before I was pregnant I weighed 160 pounds and ate just 1,000-1,200 calories a day. I wasn't on a diet that is simply what I ate to maintain my weight. I also have a very slow metabolism. When I found out I was pregnant I started reading material about it and such. One book stated that I should eat no less than 2,200 calories a day and another said I shouldn't worry about increasing calorie intake until around 4-5 months and increase it by 200-400 calories a day. I had rather taken the 2nd opinion to heart. My baby's daddy insisted that I do the 2,200 calorie a day diet and guess what? I am 12 weeks pregnant and have gained 26 POUNDS!! That's right 26 pounds! The doctors I have seen havn't gotten onto me about my weight though. But according to books AND doctors I shouldn't gain but 25-40 pounds durring the whole pregnancy. Im sick of my boyfriend shoving food down my throat and commanding me to eat everytime he does! I eat healthy and take my prenatals so it's not like I'm deprived of nutrition. Will someone please give me an estimate of how many calories I should be intaking? Im thinking I should only eat when Im hungry and therefore sticking to my 1200 or so diet until my baby makes my tummy roar. PLEASE HELP!?

admin answers:

You just eat what you want sweetie lol. Try to get some healthy stuff in there tho. But I wouldn't be calorie counting now.

Chris asks…

Suggestions for a woman weight-training for weight loss?

I don't want to be all muscley or anything, but I keep hearing how if you want to lose weight you have to weight train so you lose fat not muscle and increase your metabolism.

So I am wondering what kinds of things I should be doing each day and for how long. Just some simple things I can do at home. I don't have any weights but I'll get some when I know what to do.

Thanks!

admin answers:

Hey! You have the right idea, weight training is the best idea anyone can have for wanting fat loss. Plus, it helps burn calories doing the day, youll have more energy and "pep in your step" haha.
But its kind of hard to do that stuff at home....... If you have any friends that live in an appartment, id suggest asking to use the appartment complex gym... Or just signing up for a gym membership so u can use the weights and machines. The machines are the best though because u can up the weight and resistance................
But if you must do stuff at home, id buy ankle weights, and 5-10 pound dumb bells ... Most of the gadgets they sell for ab work outs are gimmicks and dont work.
Id start off also by jump roping/jumping jacks for 15 min straight.... Walk up and down stairs for 10 min...... Etc...
The ankle weights are good for leg lifts and squats, [ u can find videos on how to do this, if u do a google search for work out routines] and arm circles with the weights...
OH ! And make sure you have music going!! :)

William asks…

How can a 50 year old woman lose 30 lbs? she's been exercising in dieting, but nothing works. suggestions?

so my mom is 30 lbs overweight and has been trying to lose it for the past few months. she hasn't seen ANY decrease at all in her weight. she started going to the gym about 3 months ago and has been going 3 - 6 days a week. i'm not sure what she's been doing about her diet, but she says she increased her vegetable intake and decreased carbs and fats. from what i've observed, i think she eats lots of sugar, from fruits, dried fruits and she still eats sweets possibly once or twice a week. i also observed that she eats less during the day (at work) and eats a bigger dinner. i tried to get her to change that but she just doesn't listen. could that really have an effect on her weightloss? how could she have not lost a single pound since she started working out? what are some ways she can increase her metabolism? any other suggestions to help?

admin answers:

After the age of 30, your metabolism slows down, which makes it harder to lose weight.PLEASE tell her to not eat after 6 pm, because that is when the metabolism and digestion is really slow. She would have to limit sugar intake, no starch, and snack on FRESH fruits during the day. Remember, any snack over 150 calories is not a good snack. Dried friut have alot of sugar in them. Sugar equals calories! Also limit red meat. She should try white meat, fish, steamed vegetables, and Splenda to sweeten her coffee, or any other food. She needs to make sure that she exercises for 30 minutes each day, preferably cardio (like a treadmill) to raise her heart rate. The higher the heart rate, the more calories are burned. Do this and I am sure that she would at least lose 5 pounds in two weeks.

Good Luck! :)

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment