Thursday, March 8, 2012

Questions About How To Draw A Rose Tattoo

Jenny asks…

Will someone draw me my tattoo?

I suck at drawing. I can hardly draw a star correctly lol!
But I'd really like my tattoo drawn out before I go in.
I know I can get it drawn by an artist at the tattoo shop but I don't want to yet, so If you're going to say that then don't bother answering. It could be black and white or colored in as the colors I'm going to list.
I'll get you the best answer points or whatever if you want.

If you will give me your email and i'll email you mine.

What i want is a chest piece, i'm a girl BTW.
And I want a realistic looking heart as the center piece in bright reds and blues,
a rose on either side connecting to it, not sure of what color there, and a scroll going through the middle with the cursive words "Lay your Heart Down" going through it words in black and scroll in a tan color.


Thank you so much if you will, you have no idea how much i'd appreciate it!

admin answers:

I could. I have drawn numerous other tattoos. My email is treydudeman@gmail.com! And to that other guy I will do this for free. I got a lot of time on my hands. Haha.

Chris asks…

how come when i ask a question about getting a ROSE tattoo. everyone comments on how i will?

regret it cause "everyone has them" who cares if they are a common tattoo! so are butterflies and any other flower,STARS, swallows! its just a popular tattto that has alot meaning behind it.!

well since people seemed to be getting into a "scuffle" with eachother in my last question. im getting a rose tattoo (red rose) it is my birth flower and my grandmas favotie flower. i am also getting my brothers and mothers birth flower incorporated into it. i want it medium sized but im not sure where. the artist i want to go to is booked till next year. (www.divingswallow.com and click on marie wadman) so i have plenty of time to draw it out myself.. i am an artist and have some of my own work tattooed onto other peopel already, its very rewarding. anyways so i have plenty of time to think it out! and draw it out. im certin i want this piece. where shoudl i get it?

shoulder blade(which side)? upper back int he middle? or downt he side on my rib cage.

this will be my first tattoo
and a meaningful one at that... i know i heard the side (ribcage) is painful but im pretty sure i can suck it up and deal with it since it will be on me for the rest of my life..... i wsa thinking about gettign it done in black and whte with some color here and there.. i have to draw it out and see though


please dont tell me roses are over done! this tattoo is for ME and i dont give a sh!t what people think about it!

so please go waste your stupidity elsewhere!!!!


and thank you to all who answer nicely =]
if i get it down along my side will it stretch or disrotrt if i ever were to get pregnant (im not planning on having and children ever!) lol but if something did happen or i change my mind and i have a large tattoo going down my side would it look distorted?? during//after a pregnancy ?
so there would only be 3 flowers alltogther. i want a lady bug on a rose leaf to symbolize good luck and my love for the environment (lol poepl call me a tree hugger sometimes ) .....
the tattoo would look amazing! her florals are goregous take a look!

http://www.divingswallow.com/marie.asp?cat=4&pag=15

http://www.divingswallow.com/marie.asp?cat=4&pag=16

(i was thinking abotu something liek this)^^^


http://www.divingswallow.com/marie.asp?cat=4&pag=8
im 19 years old! and i dont reallyt care what peopel think. im just tired of people answering my questions with stupidity. and also bothers me when other people as questions about tattoos and every says 'their gross, why do you want that for yourself"


i do have a high tolerance for pain... i dislocated my knee and didnt cry. it didnt even really hirt just felt weird haha. but my cartilage piercings hurt me! (i have 9 piercings all together)

im just tired of peopel commenting abotu how many tattoos are "overdone' and the dreaded "tramp stamp" im tired if ignoratnt people coming on here and ruining mine and other peoples posts with their ignorance...

admin answers:

Here's the deal - if you were to name your first born son Michael, for instance, it shouldn't matter that it is a very "common" name and there are soooo many "Michaels" out there now, etc. Who would tell you that? Additionally, what if the name selection also carried special meaning like after the baby's grandfather, maybe?

I smiled when I read your rose was commemorating your grandmother. I actually have a rose tattooed onto my ankle that was drawn from my grandmother's rose bush that she had for 50 years and would give everyone cuttings of. I have that rose bush still to this day so add another 25 years to it for my personal cutting she gave me. That tattoo is very important to me, so it is NOT just a rose.

Regarding the placement. I think it will come to you better once the artwork is done. Sometimes things don't look right depending on body structure, muscle movement, etc. Once it is finished, I would ask your artist for suggestions and try it out with the stencil. Just like the design came to you and you are sure of it, so will its placement.

Thomas asks…

How to fix a tattoo of my son's name? What sort of design to put around it?

I got a tattoo of my son's name going vertically down my forearm, unfortunately that was a big mistake! I should have gotten it done horizontally on my upper arm. And I am not crazy about the guy's cursive, I really had calligraphic writing in mind but I'm stuck with it now.

So, the question is, how to make it LOOK better? I was thinking getting some sort of design around the tattoo so it doesn't look so much like a prison tattoo or like I wrote on my own arm with a sharpie. I don't want girly girl crap like hearts and unicorns, but I was thinking of putting a green thorny rosevine through the name and having roses drawn around it or something.

Any ideas?

admin answers:

Well first off I would say is there a way to improve what was done? If its spaced enough could you have a GOOD artist (one you research this time) possibly enlarge the lines and clean them up where its needed?

As far as additional work the rose vine is a very good idea. It's a little cliché to be sure but it will definitely hide imperfections. You can also try barbwire. If your very into electronics you could even do something a little more original and use RCA wires or speaker wire.

William asks…

Any artists care to draw a rough sketch for free?

I've got an idea for a simple yet slightly complex tattoo that I want drawn up but I know not anyone with drawing abilities. If you're up to the challenge and wouldnt mind helping me out I'd love some drawings of my idea. The whole idea is that I want to have a tombstone with the words "Tosi Rakastaa" on it as if it was the name and I want a tree to the left of it with a heart dangling down like on the cover of The Used's "In Love And Death" and to the right of the tombstone a boy reaching up to grab the heart. Then maybe a night sky in the back with some stars and moon and in front of the tombstone a few roses scattered and maybe kind of criss crossing. Tosi Rakastaa means true love and it was a thing between me and my ex and I just want a reminder of what we had even if its dead now. If you wouldnt mind drawing that and sending it to me so I can get an idea of how itll look then thatd be great. Id also like opinions on the idea itself. Thanks. PS- email me if youll draw it for me.

admin answers:

So you want starving artist to continue to starve? Why don't you pay the design artist and ask the tattoo artist to work for free?

John asks…

im not very good at drawing, but do i still have a chance at becoming a tattoo artist?

im almost 16 and i love tattoos and have wanted to become one for a few years now. ive got 2 tattoos and a half sleeve currently. i practice drawing, im taking art and health classes in high school, etc but im still not extremely good at freehanded drawing. i mean i can do shading and other techinques to make things look cool or realistic but if you were to ask me to draw say a rose, or a dragon or a car freehanded, theres no way in hell i could do it.

therefore, i dont really have a portfolio yet. what could i do to get better, or could i be an artist that mainly uses stencils, or already drawn out images? can i get an appenticeship and have the artist teach me how to draw better? (wait, id have to have a portfolio of work to even get that..)

you see my dilemma? can any shop owner or tattoo artist give me some advice. i really am serious about wanting to become an artist. and how old do i have to be to get an appenticeship?
i got my tattoos at a shop in indiana. its legal there.

admin answers:

You have to be an awesome artist to be a tattoo artist. Practice practice practice.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment