Friday, March 30, 2012

Questions About How To Gain Weight During Pregnancy

George asks…

how much weight did u gain during pregnancy?

this might sound stupid, but why do women gain weight during pregnancy? i understand when the baby starts to get big but why in the 1st and the beginning of second trimester if the baby is so tiny? Am 16 weeks and i already gained 5 lbs! am having little red stretch marks on my arms and leg. the thing is am not even eating like i used to too! so where is the weight coming from? how much weight did u put on during pregnancy? and was the weight all over ur body or in certain places?
thanx in advanced!

admin answers:

Hey hun! We gain weight because our metabolism slows down A LOT... It takes longer to break our foods down, therefore its in our system longer and we gain weight. Thats why its important to not over eat, or eat as healthy as you can, when you can... Some girls just go nuts and eat whatever they want, thats why they gain 50-60 pounds, and thats really way to much... I've gained over 20 so far and it blows my mind because my diet didnt start changing until a few weeks ago! Now I'm hungry all the time, but I still try and manage it to the best of my ability!

Also, even though the baby only weight a few pounds, we have to add the extra weight from amniotic fluid and other water weight.. Which is quickly drop after giving birth, and your just left with the extra fat that we'll need to diet to get off

Richard asks…

How to not gain weight during pregnancy?

Any suggestions as to how to not gain a lot of weight during pregnancy? With my previous pregnancy, I gained around 40 pounds, even though I couldn't keep anything down for the whole nine months. I was able to loose it all after my daughter was born, but it took about a year. I dont' want that to happen again with this one. I did walk and excercise daily too. Any other suggestions as to how to not gain excessive weight (over 15 or 20 pounds) during pregnancy? Thanks in advance!

admin answers:

Eat healthy and exercise and hope for the best.

Drink plenty of water so you don't retain water

avoid salt so you don't retain water

Laura asks…

Weight gain during pregnancy?? How much are you up?

I am miserable right now. I am 27 weeks and have already put on like 30lbs. I try not to eat much junk but it's hard being in a house with my boyfriend who is trying to gain weight lol. I really don't want to gain anymore weight during this pregnancy but I know that is unrealistic. What have you ladies gained and how are you dealing with it?
My doctor always says something about my weight at first it was not enough now its to much. Soooo frustrating I would love to walk but I live in MI and its been so cold here since I have been pregnant. I do have a treadmill so I am going to give that a try

admin answers:

I am only 12 weeks but i have not gained a pound! When i found out i was prego i weighed 146 and then i lost 10 pounds due to stress from losing a family member. I went at 10 weeks for the ultrasound and i weghed 141. Today i weigh 143 so technically i lost 3 pounds. I am scared i will blow up like a balloon so i eat really healthy foods and stay away from sweet cravings. I consume around 1800 calories a day and so hopefully i only gain 25 pounds total!I live in grand rapids MI, are you close to there??hang in there whether you gain more or not it will all come off after the pregnancy you just have to work at it.my bf eats so much junk and it is hard because i want to eat it too but i keep lots of healthy snacks and popsicles in the house which make the temptation not as hard. Fruits are sweet and good for you try some of that!

Susan asks…

Do you HAVE to gain weight during pregnancy?

I just read an article that says a woman should gain 25-25 pounds during pregnancy to keep the baby healthy. Do I really need to do that when I have kids? I've seen women stay skinny when they're pregnant. I'm wondering how necessary it is for the baby's health, and whether or not the baby can still be healthy without the mother having to gain so much weight.
25-35*** sorry typo!

admin answers:

You should definitely gain some weight unless you are already obese. You are not just growing a baby who will weigh 6-10 pounds, your body also needs to construct a placenta (which will weigh a couple of pounds at least), your uterus grows very large - it is the largest muscle in the body when fully pregnant and it has substance ie more weight, the amniotic fluid is a couple of litres, and your own blood volume increases by one third to support the pregnancy. So you can gain weight during pregnancy without adding anything lasting to your body. Within a few days of delivery you will have lost a lot of weight. A little store of fat will help shore up early breastfeeding, when I was by far hungrier than when pregnant.

Besides all that, this is your child's future - their whole life will be impacted by your pregnancy nutritional status so focus on giving your baby a great start by eating smart

Chris asks…

How much weight should my sister gain during pregnancy?

She weighs 143lbs and is 5'5 feet tall. (she is not preggers yet but is trying)
She doesn't want to gain to much, she is planning on (if she can) only gain 15-20 lbs.
Also how hard is it to watch our weight during pregnancy?

admin answers:

Well she is on the outer edge of normal weight or her height. Most doctors would recommend for her to gain about 25 pounds. But I am sure 15-20 pounds would be fine as well.

Different woman have different experiences with pregnancy and appetite. I never had a problem gaining too much weight. Actually it was tough for me to gain enough. But I had morning sickness all nine months with my girls.

But other woman struggle with gaining too much. Best advice is to not eat like you are eating for two. A pregnant woman only needs to eat extra food in the second and third trimesters. And even then only around 200-300 calories extra are needed a day. So that equals about a glass of milk and a piece for fruit extras or the equivalent.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment