Monday, March 19, 2012

Questions About How To Eject Cd From Mac

Donald asks…

Trying to eject CD from Windows on a Mac Book?

The problem is...I know how to eject it, it's from My Computer
But, the real problem is that the CD that shows on Computer/My Computer does not pop up any more for any CD. I always have to switch to the mac of my computer and eject it from there...I cannot eject it on windows. Help? Please?
Also, I'm trying to download photoshop on windows but this is the problem that won't let me!

admin answers:

I don't understand - so your My Computer is not showing any CDs?

Here's the thing - when you installed Windows on your Mac, did you follow the instructions to install the drivers correctly? If you did that, you should just be able to use the Eject button on your Mac keyboard.

Lizzie asks…

How can I eject my CD from my mac?

I "injected" a music cd in to my iMac but it has not registered it so I cannot eject it. Please help, how o I get it out???

admin answers:

A Mac doesn't have an external eject button on its CD/DVD drive. Instead, it offers several options for ejecting a CD or DVD. Here are the most common.
* All Apple keyboards have an eject key, usually located in the upper right corner of the keyboard. Press the eject key to eject the CD or DVD from the drive.
* On any keyboard, press and hold the F12 key until the CD or DVD is ejected from the drive. This may take several seconds.
* Click on the desktop icon for the CD or DVD, and drag it to the trash.
* Navigate to the "Applications and Utilities" section of the OS and select the "Disk Utility." Highlight the CD drive and click the "Eject" button.
* Some applications, such as iTunes, Disk Utility, and Toast, have an eject command in a menu or toolbar. Launch the application and use the eject command to eject the CD or DVD.
* Reboot the Mac and try ejecting the CD with the "CD eject" key after it boots up.
* Reboot the Mac and click and hold the mouse button. Hold the button either until the CD ejects itself or until the OS has completely booted.
* Reboot the Mac and . At start-up, press and hold down the "Command" key, the "Option" key, the "O" key and the "F" key. This will cause the system to boot up in open firmware mode. When the terminal screen boots up, type "eject-cd" without the quotes and press the "Enter" key. If the disc does not eject, then type "drutil tray eject" without the quotes into the terminal and press "Enter."

If you are still not successful, you need to access the cd/dvd device so you will be able to remove the CD/DVD carefully with your fingers.

David asks…

I was transferring songs from a CD to my iPod. Now the cd is stuck. How can I eject the CD from my mac?

I have tried clicking on the eject key several times. I also can't seem to launch my Finder.

admin answers:

Take it back to the store, have them take it apart, then trade it in for a real computer.

William asks…

How do I eject a stuck CD from a MAC iBook G4?

I've looked everywhere for a small hole to stick a pin in, and it's not there.

I have a MAC iBook G4 laptop with a stuck CD in it. I can't take it apart and it won't even turn on. I don't have enough money to get it looked at.. is there any other way?

admin answers:

Http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106752
Don

Mandy asks…

How do I eject my CD from my Mac laptop?

I have a Mac laptop that was no longer booting into the OS, so I decided I would try to reinstall Snow Leopard 10.X. I put the disk in and it reads the disk just fine, but it will not install the OS. Well, I thought I'd just try another disk, but I cannot get this disk to eject. I have tried all of the following methods and have been unsuccessful: 1) restarting the laptop and holding down the eject button; 2) restarting the laptop and holding down the command and E keys; 3) placing a folded business card slightly inside the CD slot to keep it from spinning and restarting while pressing down the eject button; 4) restarting the laptop and holding down the trackpad and the eject buttons; 5) restarting the laptop and just holding down the trackpad amongst various other methods, all methods of which I found online.

Please help.

admin answers:

The only method that has worked for me in that situation is to hold down the trackpad button. I see that you've already tried it... Might want to reboot a few more times and keep on trying that method.

If that doesn't work, time to visit the Genius Bar.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment