Sunday, January 29, 2012

Questions About How To Bake A Sweet Potato On The Grill

Lisa asks…

How did i eat today? Doctor wants me to gain 10 pounds?

Breakfast- 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup of 2% milk, a handful of blueberries, 2 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt, cinnamon, a dash of granola, and 2 dates.

Snack - A kashi PB granola bar

Lunch - A Ezekiel tortilla wrapped in a heaping tablespoon of hummus, a teaspoon and a half of feta, half a tomato, onion, grilled zucchini, lettuce, and half a grilled chicken breast with celery on the side. I also snacked on random kitchen stuff while making this

Snack: half a cup of Greek yogurt with a teaspoon of granola and two strawberries, plus a teaspoon of pb with celery and half a cracker

Dinner: A chicken breast with a baked sweet potato topped with 1% cottage cheese,cinnamon,stevia, and half a teaspoon of margarine. sided with broccoli, a bit of spinach, and celery.

i'm 5'2 and a half and 89 lbs
Yea im recovering from anorexia .. its difficult and im having trouble refraining myself from feeling guilty over eating this much but i'm trying, believe me. Last night i almost got sent to the hospital due to some kidney/liver problems and it was a real eye opener. I'm only 15 and dont wanna fool around anymore.
thats awesome :) you're lucky you're 5'5 i wish i was that tall :p I have a lot of recipes ive come up with since my parents work and sometimes arent home for dinner so i end up cooking myself stuff. I heard you should eat lots of bananas,protein, good fat, and dairy to gain weight. Frozen bananas dipped in almond hazelnut butter sounds like a delicious snack :) also cottage cheese with pb, chopped celery, and grapes makes a really good satisfying snack. It sounds disgusting but its really good.

admin answers:

It sounds like you ate pretty good. Extremely healthy, but good. :)

Susan asks…

How can I eat better?

I'm a 17 year old girl, 5 foot 6, and I want to try to lose 5-10 pounds by this summer. Generally, I eat pretty healthy... I only have sweets or junk food about 1 or 2 times per week. Also, I go running about 3 times per week, and walk my dog 2-3 other times. Unfortunatley, I'm only getting about 4-5 hours of sleep per night, which might also be affecting my weight.

On a normal day, I eat:
Breakfast (6 am): 1.5 cups Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal, banana, 1 Light and Fit Yogurt, coffee (i'm always starving in the morning)
Lunch: (12 pm): Plain turkey sandwich on whole grain bread, Apple, Carrots
Snack: (4pm): 1 Cups Special K cereal, Apple/Orange,
Snack: (6pm): Hummus with Carrots
Dinner: (8pm) Grilled Chicken Breast/Salmon, Salad w/o dressing, 1/2 baked potato
Nightime: (10pm- 1am) 1-2 graham crackers, herbal tea

Any ideas for healthy substitutions or general weight loss suggestions? thanks! :)

admin answers:

Instead of honey bunches of oats, get some multi-grain cheerios. It's 100 calories per cup and they're really good. Instead of coffee, get some green tea. Drink a cup of water every hour (or at least 8 glasses per day). Eat a small snack in the morning if you can. I'm curious as to why you eat so late, I recommend you eat earlier. Try to get more sleep, that will help you so much.

Thomas asks…

Do you think that's healthy?

I don't need an advice on my 'diet' cause I've done a diet and I lost about 20 pounds, I weight about 130 and I'm 5'2, I think I need to lose 5-10 more pounds but I wanna take ALL my time, I will probably go on a very healthy and steady diet (More like a life change diet) that is going to last for four months (This SHOULD help me lose that weight!) especially that I will be exercising for two hours five times a week and I study the whole time after that!! So, my life is pretty active. I wanna go on a diet that will typically last for ages, hence I want to eat healthy but also eat ANYTHING I like and not deprive myself from my favorite food. I will consume 2000 calories a day but I will burn more than that (According to my doctors that told me 2000 calories isn't enough for me since I exercise and stuff), so this is how my diet is going to look like: By the way, when it says contains, it doesn't mean it includes all the food listed, it's more like a couple or three things out of those, but I just listed all the food that I'm going to eat for the whole time:

Breakfast: 300 calories. Contains: (Skim milk, egg, whole wheat toast, cornflakes, etc).
Snack 1: 200 calories. Contains (Apple, banana, etc).
Snack 3: 150 calories. (Whey protein milk).
Lunch: 900 calories. (Grilled chicken, roasted chicken, steaks, whole wheat bagels, baked potatoes, whole wheat pasta, Alfredo sauce, little bit of veggies with a couple tbps of olive oil).
Snack 4: 200 calories. (Coffee, tea, sweets, etc).
Snack 5: 250 calories. (Low-fat peanut butter, honey, whole wheat toast, etc).


So, what do you think?

admin answers:

Your food plan isn't horrible but it is far from great. I will offer some advice if I can.
First off, try to combine protein and carbs at every meal, it is a great energy boost. Also, avoid too much sugar and salt, they aren't good for you.
Breakfast- instead of eggs, eat egg whites, they have all the protein with a lot less fat than whole eggs. If you must have cereal make sure it does not have sugar in it and that it is whole wheat. A better choice would be oatmeal though. Maybe have some fruit as well.

Snack- fruit is a good choice but try combining it with a few almonds and some form of carbs.

Snack- whey protein milk is a decent form of protein so I guess that's fine.

Lunch- Holy way too many calories for one meal. Around 400 calories a meal is more like what you should be consuming. Also, alfredo sauce is possibly the worst thing you could be eating. It is made of cream, butter and cheese. It is death on a plate. Grilled chicken is the best option you have listed. Turkey is a great choice too. Eat mostly fish lean meats like those. Steak is okay in moderation but not the healthiest option. Definitely load up on veggies though.

Snack- horrible, horrible choices other than tea. Tea is good for you unless you load it up with cream and sugar. Same goes for coffee but tea is the better choice, especially green tea. Stop eating sweets subsitute fruit and a little bit of yogurt or cottage cheese.

Dinner- where is dinner? You need dinner just try not to eat it too late at night.

Snack- of you have to snack after dinner make sure not to do it later than 4 hours before bed. Peanut butter is not very good for you unless it is the natural kind. Try almond or hemp seed butter instead.

Overall, your on the right track with eating frequently throughout the day but keep doing research and in no time you will be an expert. A book I found helpful is the Eat Clean Diet. It's not actually a diet but it is definitely interesting. Hope this helps. Good luck and don't give up.

Richard asks…

18 month old not trying new foods?

My 18 month old daughter is eating pretty well, but I know she could be eating more at this age. She does show interest in what were eating, will sometimes try it and either want more or gag it up. She likes what she likes, and I can’t get her to eat anything else! Her current menu is slim and she seems to be getting bored with these items, but refuses to eat anything else! I’m really in need of some guidance/suggestions on how to get her to eat anything else! I do put things out there everyday/every meal and she will eventually try it – but bread she REFUSES. She will eat cheese pizza but not always eat the end crust.

My hubby is great and has gotten her to eat new things, if he eats it on the floor while watching TV or something. She will sit with him and try it – that’s another way we’ve gotten her to eat new things, but this is still a limited menu and I need some help! ☺

I don’t know what else to do and am hoping for some great ideas! Here is what she’ll currently eat. . .

Variety of cooked pasta with butter or spaghetti sauce.
Mashed potatoes
Mac and Cheese
Lasagna with no meat
Cheerios, rice krispies and kix with or without milk
Pretzels, potato chips (no salt/reduced salt), ritz, fish crackers, etc
Diced lunch meat (chicken, turkey)
Pancakes and hash browns
Black beans, baked beans
Peas
Yogurt
Cheese slices/string cheese
Chicken noodle soup
Chicken nuggets
Tater tots, French fries
Loves red grapes, peaches,
Blueberry muffins
Apple slices
Cheese pizza
Real fruit popsicles
Apple, pear, white grape juice, and water
**She’ll only drink milk before bed – she’ll drink whole or skim

That’s her normal foods for the week. . . can’t get her to try bread/toast. We’ve tried grilled cheese, quesadilla’s, raisin toast, bagels, etc. I need advice on how to implement more foods, especially bread! She’s not a big fan of sweets either – she’ll nibble on a cookie, or the cake part (with no frosting), but that’s the extent of it.

I’d really appreciate any guidance/suggestions you can offer! ☺ Looking forward to all your responses!

admin answers:

She sounds like a normal toddler! My son is becoming a picky eater as he gets older. He refuses bread unless it is toasted. I then spread apple, pumpkin or PB butter on top as a special treat. Bread has alot of fiber (if whole wheat) but so does pasta. Make sure you offer whole wheat pasta. She is lacking in veggies (my son is very picky about that as well). I found a few ways to sneak them in or to make them fun. He dips green beans in ranch dressing. I make omelets (for any meal) with sauteed spinach, diced tomatoes and cheese. Puree some veggies and mix in with yogurt. Baked
sweet potato fries instead of fried. Puree some veggies and mix with spaghetti sauce. I make homemade soups (vegetable, potato/carrot) and freeze. My son will only eat them pureed as he doesn't see the chunks of veggies. For a healthy version of Chicken nuggets make your own...they are so much more yummy. The breading is whole wheat bread, italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Dip the cut up chicken in a beaten egg, coat with breading then bake. Try tuna patties. You can add whole wheat bread crumbs and diced veggie to them. Let her dip in ketchup. Oatmeal and scrambled eggs are a good breakfast option. Make with whole milk to ensure she is getting plenty of calcium. Zucchini chips are quite yummy. Plus they are coated with whole wheat bread crumbs. Serve those instead of potato chips. Dip in salsa, guacamole, any dip she prefers. Sweets are not a must in a diet so don't worry about that at all.

Betty asks…

How did i eat today? Doctor wants me to gain 10 pounds?

Breakfast- 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/2 cup of 2% milk, a handful of blueberries, 2 tablespoons of vanilla yogurt, cinnamon, a dash of granola, and 2 dates.

Snack - A kashi PB granola bar

Lunch - A Ezekiel tortilla wrapped in a heaping tablespoon of hummus, a teaspoon and a half of feta, half a tomato, onion, grilled zucchini, lettuce, and half a grilled chicken breast with celery on the side. I also snacked on random kitchen stuff while making this

Snack: half a cup of Greek yogurt with a teaspoon of granola and two strawberries, plus a teaspoon of pb with celery and half a cracker

Dinner: A chicken breast with a baked sweet potato topped with 1% cottage cheese,cinnamon,stevia, and half a teaspoon of margarine. sided with broccoli, a bit of spinach, and celery.

admin answers:

I think you did perfect :) Full of vitamins I guess :D

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment