Monday, January 16, 2012

Questions About How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs Yahoo

Sharon asks…

How do I get rid of bedbugs? Neem Oil?

Recently my friend found signs of bed bug infestations at his home, and I went online and did some research and it seems Neem Oil is the safest and most effective way to deal with them. The thing is that I don't know any products that contain them, so if someone could help me find anything that I can use that contains Neem Oil to rid of these bed bugs or give me another alternative. I have searched Google and Yahoo but get broken or unrelated links of my searches. Thanks in advance.

admin answers:

You can purchase it online:
http://www.planetnatural.com/site/neem-oil.html
http://www.amazon.com/Dyna-Gro-Neem-Oil-8-oz/dp/B0012BGXVQ

Susan asks…

What kind of bugs are these?

i got these little brown bugs they look like furniture bugs but my mom said they might be bed bugs but they dont look like them they like my books shelf and my bed and my computer desk i dont know what to do there are so many of them i had to get rid of my dresser because of them . i wish i could post some pics but i dont know how you can email me and i will send you the pics of them .

PLZ HELP!!!
my email is : book_reader_10@yahoo.com

admin answers:

If you post links to the pics here, you have a higher chance of someone giving you the right answer than by asking people to email you.
To do that, you can simply go to:
http://imageshack.us/
Once there, go to Upload images / videos, click on Browse and find the pics on your computer; once they're uploaded, you'll get their corresponding direct URLs (addresses starting with http), which you copy and paste here.

Daniel asks…

Found really small bugs all over room, what are they?

I come home to find approximately 50 of these little oval shaped bugs in my bedroom today. They were so small that it's hard to describe them. I have no idea what they are so maybe you can help me.

First off, most of them appeared to be dead. I only found 2 or 3 actually crawling around. However, the "dead" ones did not have any visible legs so maybe they were hatching or something? The live ones had maybe 4-6 legs (honestly not sure) and moved rather slowly. The live ones also appeared to possibly have clear wings developing, but none were flying at all.

They looked a little black in color, but the live on I examined seemed a little brown/white. The bottom part of the bugs almost seemed rollie pollie (sp?) like, but again they were so small it's hard to tell. They were all found around the edges of the wall except for a small portion of them.

I do not think they are bed bugs because I examined my bed frame, mattress, etc. closely and didn't see any. Also, I don't have any bites.

Another thing I should note, I just came back from the mountains and this could possibly the reason. My suitcase was in my room, unpacked. Upon examination of that I saw none whatsoever.

I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what kind of bugs these are and how I can go about getting rid of them. I just cleaned my room thoroughly and got rid of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if I saw more in the morning.

If you need any further information, I will edit my question with answers to the best of my abilities. Or, fell free to email me at qr23ny@yahoo.com
I think it might be the Anthrenus verbasci. If it is that, they are harmless right?

And no, I don't eat in my room.
Oh, and I have wood flooring in my room. Could it still be Anthrenus verbasci?
Ok, I've decided they've got to be Anthrenus verbasci (carpet beetles) because the biggest patch of them were found next to my dirty clothes.

Some of these clothes were from the trip to the mountains I took and hadn't been washed yet. And I remember putting clothes on the floor of the room I stayed in (which had carpet) for a day or two before I put them in my bag.

admin answers:

I think I know what they are, but I do not know the name of them.

Is you bedroom in a humid place, or do you eat in your room?

I was able to get rid of them using Raid.

Just wipe em.

Mandy asks…

how to kill bugs without affecting asthmatic cat?

o.k I asked a similar question earlier .. see here..http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Api_bCixLlU8evsa_mt5JKHsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20111012141610AA8bREm

now the old bites are starting to clear but I keep getting new ones..I've vaccumed my bedding and washed all my clothes .. haven't seen any bedbugs or fleas.. gone over cat many times with a flea comb.. I did see a gnat sized insect a few days ago.. definitly not a mosquito.. but nothing like fleas or bedbugs .. this "gnat" was very small and black.. anyway.the bites look like this..

http://old.termiguardusa.com/Flea-Bites.jpg

but again haven't seen fleas.. cat is on frontline.. no trace of bedbugs.. just got the cat a triamcinonlone shot to help with itching and asthma.. but I don't know how to get rid of (fleas?) without affecting the cat.. I don't wan't to use bombs or sprays due to her asthma.. so I don't know what to do.. don't have anyone that can take her a few hours too.. :(

a final note what helps with the itching..I've done cortizone cream, benadryl, calamine, baking soda, nothing helps errgh..

admin answers:

First IDENTIFY what bug you're trying to eliminate. Bedbugs do not go after cats, they're strictly human. They're in the creases and crevases on the bed sheets and pillows and are reddish and easy to see, they're larger than fleas.

Fleas are feline only - if you see no flea dirt when you comb the cat, and no live fleas on her, she doesn't have fleas. They would only bite you where your clothing does not cover you -- so the torso bites arent those. Your picture looks like what I get when I'm spider bitten after working down in the basement. It could also be hives as a reaction to something you're exposed to.

One thing you can try, put a pan of water on the floor and set a lamp over it, leave the lamp on during the evening in a dark room, see if any insects are drowned in the pan the next day.

As for the flea bombing of the place, put the cat in a carrier in the car OUT of the sun, or in the garage in a carrier. The cat AND you both need to be out of the house for hours, and then you (not the cat) need to open the windows to let the toxic fog out of the house to air it out. After an hour of that you can safely bring your cat indoors.

David asks…

Is it healthier in the long run to NOT be germophobic and ingest a little germs once in a while?

This article made me laugh:
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/4-common-health-myths-busted-245648

Personally, I think we've become way too germophobic about the wrong things and remain unconcerned about true sources of much more deadlier germs.

George Carlin once had a bit about how he grew up swimming in the East River and Long Island Shore in yellowish-brown water, what was essentially raw sewage, and how he felt healthier for it. He almost never got colds, the flu, or other viruses, because his body was used to all of it and never came across a germ it hadn't seen a thousand times before.

Today, everything is antibacterial. We've become obsessed and paranoid, completely ignoring the reality that we lay in a bacteria and bug-ridden bed every night (hudreds of thousands of microscopic dust mites thrive in our bedding and pleasantly dine on the skin we leave in bed) and similar stuff is crawling all over us every moment (right now, there are skin mites crawling on every inch of your skin, eating you, and there are loads of many different types of bacteria that just floated by on the wind and are now enjoying a nice swim and bath in your sweat).

It's called LIFE. Bacteria created us. Bacteria regulates the entire planet's climate (see the Ocean Genome project, it isn't us by a long-shot, it's vritually all controlled and regulated by oceanic bacteria). Bacteria and viruses are the predominant species on Earth and they have been so for billions of years. And bacteria and viruses are the first intergalactic travellers, and they've been successfully doing so for hundreds of millions of years. Every inch of life on our planet owes its very existence to bacteria and viruses. And there are now scientists who are beginning to explore whether our very souls are really just a collection of intelligence that combine via those very bacteria. (Which is an interesting theory, since people in general have seemed to become more and more stupid ever since this anti-bacterial paranoia kicked in.)

So why are we so freaked out by them? And are we actually making things worse by being so bacteria-phobic?

And I also wonder why all the people who complained about second-hand smoke as a heatlh risk seem to have absolutely no problem about exposure to second-hand germ risk from infants and children in public places. It is a FACT that major viral illnesses -- that can be immediately debilitating and life-threatening within hours and days -- are predominantly spread by children in public places.

For example, don't EVER put anything in that top basket section of grocery carts! A friend worked at the CDC in Atlanta and they once did a survey of grocery carts. Salmonella, fecal matter, flu viruses, viral pneumonia... Babies and children in public are actually phenomenally more deadly than second-hand smoke! It takes years of exposure from second-smoke to affect your health (and even that is debatable). All it takes is 1 second of exposure to a virus spread by a kid to give an old person a deadly flu, cause you to have permanent health damage by other viruses, give you horrific salmonella reactions, or even give you viral pneumonia -- yeah, the stuff you can never get rid of and that eventually killed Bernie Mac at a young age.

What do you think?

admin answers:

You are absolutely correct. Being exposed to germs strengthens our immune systems. Using antibacterial soap and germicides is actually counterproductive, because they kill the weaker germs, so the stronger, dangerous ones multiply and thus antibiotic-resistant and germicide-resistant germs become more and more prevalent.

I suspect that even a little pollution and secondhand smoke is good for you. If you are exposed to them in childhood, your body should develop a tolerance to them. When I was a kid, people thought nothing of smoking while pregnant, or while holding their baby or toddler. When we would ride in the car, the windows would be up and we would be breathing thick smoke. Lots of parents would let their kids take a few puffs when asked, and some very little kids smoked back then. I met a mom with an 18 month-old baby girl in 1972, and the baby girl smoked daily, inhaled and everything, having been started by her mom at about 3 months of age. Guess what - she survived just fine, and is in her mid-30s today. Kids today, even though they haven't been exposed to nearly as much smoke and germs as previous generations, seem to be no healthier for it!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment