Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Questions About How To French Braid Your Own Hair

Paul asks…

how do you french braid your own hair?

I keep trying to french braid my hair, but whenever I do it the braid always ends up really loose and it looks really bad. I just can't figure out what Im doing wrong. So can anyone tell me in detail how to french braid your own hair?

admin answers:

I can help you with a french braid:
*First of all, make sure you know how to do a regular braid.

Grab your hair like you're putting it 1/2 up and then with your thumbs and index fingers divide the "half up" section into 3 equal parts.

Cross the left section over the center one, and then cross the right section over the new center one (which used to be on the left.)

Now grab a section of hair from the left side of your head, and add it to the left section of the braid, and cross that over the center part of the braid.

Then, you do the same thing on the right side - add a section of loose hair from the right side of your head to the right section of the braid and cross that over the center piece of the braid.

From that point just repeat that process until the braid goes down to the bottom of your head and you run out of hair.

Then you can continue braiding the tail into a regular braid and secure it.

It looks really tough at first by watching it, but once you practice you'll get the hang of it.

Hope my directions helped! Kind of difficult to explain without showing you. Any questions, feel free to e-mail me ~Amanda

Mary asks…

Is it possible to french braid your own, very long hair?

I tried to just plain braid my hair, and it kinda looked a little funky, but that was possible. I have long hair, it goes to the end of my spine. I know how to french braid, but would it be possible to french braid my own hair?

admin answers:

Yes! I french braid my own ahir and its down to almost my waist..

Thomas asks…

How to french braid your own hair?

How the heck do you french braid your own hair, i have never been able to do it, and i would really like to. Thanks =)

admin answers:

I can do my own even better than someone else's. It takes some time and practice to get a feel for it. A good way to start is to part your hair through the center and do two french braids. That way you have a little less hair to work with at a time and since it's on the side and not going down the middle, you can watch yourself do it better and correct any mistakes you may be making. Once you get the hang of that, move on to a single french braid. Also, the softer/smoother your hair is, the more slippery/slidey/prone to coming out of the braid it is, so put some gel or mousse in your hair! It'll be easier to grab that way.

Susan asks…

how do you french braid your own hair into 2?

as much as I lvoe my mom, she cant really french braid my hair, and I love the way it looks on me; any ways to do it yourself?

admin answers:

Check the links below for beauty tips to:-- * French Braid-
http://homebeautytips.blogspot.com/2006/12/3-strand-french-braid-there-are-several.html#name1

Joseph asks…

How do u French Braid your own hair ?

How to french braid ur own hair. and how to do cornrows in ur own hair. do u have any websites that could help me or u could help me by giving me instructions.
thanks
instructions to it!!!! tell me how step by step.

admin answers:

This is for french-braids

1. Place your thumbs above and slightly behind your ears. Draw them slightly back and upward, gathering hair that meets at your crown into a ponytail. Don't anchor it.
2. Fashion one English plait, crossing the left strand over the center so that the two strands trade places, then the right strand over the center so that those two strands trade places.
3. Hold the plait in your right hand, separating the three loose strands below it with your fingers. Place your left thumb above and behind your left ear and use it to draw a strand half as thick as one of the original strands towards the ponytail.
4. Add the newly gathered hair to the left strand and cross this increased strand over the center, taking the center strand to the left as in ordinary English braiding.
5. Hold the plait in your left hand, separating the three loose strands below it with your fingers. Place your right thumb above and behind your right ear and use it to draw a strand half as thick as one of the original strands toward the ponytail.
6. Add the newly gathered hair to the right strand and cross this increased strand over the center, taking the center strand to the right as in ordinary English braiding.
7. Continue gathering hair from the left and right and adding it to the strands just before you cross them over the center.
8. After several plaits, there will be no loose hair left to gather.

For cornrows go to this site below. There is a detailed, illustrated explanation of cornrows!

Http://cornrows.co.uk/howtobraidcornrows.html

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment