Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Questions About How To Install Minecraft Mods To A Server

Mary asks…

How to install modloader and put mods on a Minecraft Server?

Every time i try to do it, I end up getting a massage like "files corrupted" or something like that ( i am paraphrasing there)

admin answers:

I never use a mod loader or anything. I just extract the mod files into a folder and place them in the minecraft.jar file (it's in bin in the .minecraft folder in your app data). Some mods are outdated and won't work so you have to make sure you download ones compatible with your version of minecraft (most likely 1.6.6). I hope that helps. I'm not very good with mods and stuff.

George asks…

How do I Install mods to A hamachi Minecraft Multiplayer server.?

I made a hamachi Minecraft server because I was tired of trying unsuccessfully making Port opened servers through an At&t Uverse 2wire 3801HGV router, so now its up and working but i want to put mods on so its easier on the commands. Now I search and search and Apparently Need a bukkit server. I had one till it bugged. now is there a way to install mods/plugins for a hamachi server?, or do i HAVE to do the port Forward Crap again. cause port forward .com doesnt have my router on the list. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DONT WANT TO DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

admin answers:

Dude hamachi just holds the server. You can run a bukkit server with hamachi. So you can just use bukkit no worries.

Mark asks…

How do you install mods onto your multiplayer server in minecraft?

I got SDK's gun mod working on singleplayer but i don't know how to put it onto a multiplayer server that i host for my friends. I saw the instructions and it said:

Installation (Client)

Delete the "version" file (in %appdata%.minecraftbin) [Optional, but don't post without trying it]
Run minecraft to update your files
Install ModLoader
Delete the META-INF folder in minecraft.jar (in %appdata%.minecraftbin)
Copy everything inside the minecraft folder (in the zip file) into minecraft.jar (in %appdata%.minecraftbin)
Copy everything inside the resources folder (in the zip file) into the resources folder (in %appdata%.minecraft)
If there's a .properties file in the zip, copy it into the bin folder (%appdata%.minecraftbin)

Installation (Server)

Download a fresh minecraft_server.jar from minecraft.net
Copy everything inside the minecraft_server folder (in the zip file) into minecraft_server.jar
Done


The problem is i dont have a folder called "minecraft_server" in the zip file all i have is minecraft, minecraft altenative textures, recourses, and 3 property files.
Please can you help me set up my server with sdk's mod.

admin answers:

Let me save you alot of time if you look at his opening he says he took down his smp gun mod because of bugs, so no you cant play in online and no there is no way to make it compative unless you have the file he releases.

Thomas asks…

How do i install A mod like the clay soldiers mod onto my minecraft server i host for my friends?

I host a server for me and my friends but i cant figure out how to install mods for them?

admin answers:

Iam pritty sure you can get like modloader for multiplayer servers on in the soruce file there are things that can make it work on a server if you carnt figure it out check it out on youtube and the zombe (flymod) is one that you can use on a server tht the only one i know for now :)

if u need help with clay soldiers watch this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl86Fzl5vE4
and for any other question just message me on that channel

Maria asks…

How to install a Mod in a Minecraft server?

I want to download SKDs gun mod onto my minecraft server (protected w/ Hamachi) and I don't know how, Plus I dont know if everyone else will need the mod or what!?!?!? Please Explain if everyone will need the mod and how to download it

admin answers:

I really wouldn't advise you to do that....you don't sound like you are very good with computers,and setting up a server with SDK's guns is really hard!
I'll do it for you (for free,ofc) if you want!
Just email me at teapa009@gmail.com !

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment