Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Questions About How To Induce Labor

Jenny asks…

How is walking really suppose to help induce labor?

I am just wondering how walking is suppose to induce labor. How much walking should I do to induce the labor? Did the walking really induce your labor? I am just tired and almost 37 weeks and just want the pregnancy over.

admin answers:

Walking can definitely increase contractions, but in my opinion won't start actual labor until your body is ready to start labor on its own anyway. It does, however, give you something to do to keep your mind off things. To pass the next few weeks, you can also try relaxation techniques like a warm bath (will help with pain), massage, heat and cold packs. You can also try distracting yourself which can actually temporarily lessen pain - baking, craft projects, housecleaning, visits from friends, and movies are great ways to pass the time. For what it's worth, I've been there - tired of being pregnant and just wanting that baby in my arms already. My take on it is that mother nature made us so uncomfortable in those last few weeks so we'd welcome the pain of labor when it started. Good luck - you are almost there!

Charles asks…

How can i induce labor on my own at home?

I'm am very ready for my daughter to be here and to not be pregnant anymore! Any way I can induce labor at home?

admin answers:

There are no proven ways to induce labor at home, but there are a few things that women swear have helped them. These include:
Nipple stimulation (either with you / your husband's hands, or with a breast pump)
Sex
Spicy foods
Pineapple
Eggplant Parmasean
Walking
Castor oil
Blue & Black cohosh
Red Raspberry Tea
A Glass of red wine
Acupressure
Massage
Bouncing on an exercise ball

Hope some of these help!

Nancy asks…

How do you induce labor at home?

I am past my due date, I have tried spicy foods, pineapple, castor oil, sex, walking, and now i have a hemorrhoid which occurred after i attempted castor oil. I am now not in the mood for sex and walking is painful as well. Is there anything to do about either the hemorrhoid or how to induce labor?

admin answers:

Try doing some squats.. And rub your belly with a pushing down motion. It worked for me

Lisa asks…

How to induce labor naturally and safely?

Is there anyway to induce labor yourself safely? I am far enough along where it'd be ok for me to go into labor. I am about 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced and my cervix is very soft, no real contractions yet just Braxton Hicks contractions. This is my second child.

admin answers:

I went for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG walk and Labor started that evening. :) Good Luck

George asks…

How to induce labor?&Can eating a Jalepeno pepper help induce labor?

Hii
I know that a baby comes when they are ready but I was just wondering if you have any tips on inducing labor or helping induce it? (If that makes any sense Lol)-Also eating a jalepeno pepper will help?-Please no rude answers-Thankyou!(:

admin answers:

Lol. I love this...
K the things I tried, raspberry tea(its nasty), sex! Sex! Sex! Its actually the orgasms that help,Walking, running up and down stairs, bouncing on a ball or the edge of the bed, eating fresh pineapple, spicy foods, and cleaning...
I tried all this, and finally after a very long day of doing all of this... I gave up! Sat down wit my son to cuddle, and o! My water broke... My bf swears that's wat caused it, the relaxing...
Other things I was told to try was castor oil and eggplant parmasean...
Good luck! And no inducing til 37+ weeks!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment