Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Questions About How To Boil An Egg And Peel

Carol asks…

How to peel an egg without taking half the inside off??

I swear, everytime I peel boiled eggs, the inside comes off with the shell! I've waited until they are completely cooled, ran them under water while peeling, made sure the eggs were fresh, and made sure the she was sufficiently cracked before peeling. THIS REALLY FRUSTRATES ME!!!!! Any tips? Thanks to everyone!!!
Sorry...didn't mean to give the egg a gender (SHE) LOL! I meant 'it'.

admin answers:

I rarely have a problem egg... Perhaps it is the way I boil them.

I bring my water to a boil first then carefully drop my eggs, one by one into the boiling water. I bring them back to a boil for 4 minutes then turn off the heat and let them set for 7 minutes till I drain and put them in cold water. I also don't have my yolks turn green around the edges Works for me.

I have had many people tell me that the freshness of the egg matters. I say this is bullshit and I tested it. I had 6 week old eggs from the store and then went to my chickens and grabbed one that was just layed seconds earlier. I boiled both using my method described above and they did NOT differ, To prove this point I did this 3 more times with the same result.

I will stick with what I KNOW TO WORK FOR ME !!

: ) Happy peeling !

Jenny asks…

How do I peel a hard boiled egg without damaging the egg white?

I have tried running it under water, while hot, while cold but it seems that most of my eggs get the shell stuck to the egg white and the egg white comes off with it.

Is there any special trick to doing this and have perfect hard boiled egg peeled? thanks

admin answers:

Check out the way mentioned on the website below. It explains an easy way to cook perfect hard-boiled eggs. I find doing them this way and the making sure I run cold water over them after they come out of the hot water, and peeling them warm always works.

Helen asks…

How do You boil and peel a hard boiled egg?

every time i try the damn shell sticks to the egg and its a mess. whats the secret?

admin answers:

Hey Don, DOWN HERE! I'VE BEEN DOING THIS A LONG TIME! MADE A lOT OF MISTAKES BUT I GOT IT FIGURED OUT NOW.

To start 2 important things, never get fresh eggs. They need to be a couple weeks old. Fresh eggs they do not peel and shells will stick! It will never work no matter what you do!

& never use an aluminum pan it makes the yolk turn dark green or brown YUCK!(you can still use them there just ugly..). Thats the acid reaction between eggs and aluminum.
And always put the cold eggs in the pot and fill with cold water or water then eggs. Never put eggs in hot water. You must start them cold and let the heat rise. Boil med high(keep it boiling) about 10 minutes for well done. Remove and run cold water over them for a minute.
Crack each one(just crack) and set back in the water leave for about 10 minutes. The peel will comes off very easily!. You don't need to add salt or vinegar or oil to the water. NO NO NO!

John asks…

how do i peel a hard boiled egg without peeling off the white as well?

when i hard boil an egg and start to peel it half the egg white comes off as well

admin answers:

Who would have thought that the peeling of the humble egg would have so many different ways of doing so. After cooking, cooling and cracking the said egg make sure the membrane between the egg white and the shell is pierced so water can get underneath, this acts as a lubricant. It is virtually impossible to peel a fresh egg and keep the white intact

Joseph asks…

How do I peel a boiled egg, and keep the whole white in tact?

I love making Deviled Eggs, but every time I go to peel the egg, the white comes off with the shell and I end with retarded looking Deviled eggs! Is there a trick to it? Frustrated HELP! Thanks!

admin answers:

I always salt my water and add a couple of drops of vegetable oil to it.

Let them get cold before you try to peel. Don't peel them while warm.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment