Sunday, January 22, 2012

Questions About How To Take A Screenshot On A Mac And Save It

David asks…

How to post a screenshot in word on Mac, or copy and paste it to make it fit?

I had to take a screenshot of my exam results, i did this by pressing command-shift-3, the screenshot posted on the desktop. I have to save this in a microsoft word doc now.
I am able to copy and paste the results into word but only half of the results show up. I've tried to format it so it is vertical and it still cut half the results off. Anyone know how I can take a screenshot and be able to save it in microsoft word?

admin answers:

Go to menu Insert>Picture>From File.
Browse to where your screenshot is saved, select and OK.
It will be placed as a picture with corner handles which you can scale to fit your document size as you would with any other picture.

Sandy asks…

On a Mac, how do I get grab to take a "video" shot?

I know how to take a selection, window and screenshot. But i am having issues with taking a timed shot.

I am trying to "video" the opening sequence to a website that is blocked at my school. I set-up the timed shot....but it doesn't do anything.....and it auto saves the file as a .tiff

If grab doesn't let you do this....are there any programs that do?

any help would be appreciated!

admin answers:

There's no built-in way.

Download Snapz Pro X from http://www.ambrosiasw.com

it's a great utility, a must-own for mac users

Laura asks…

How can I get Photoshop CS to stop watering down colours when saving JPEGs?

Every time I'm working on something in Photoshop, the colours look perfect until I save the file and then take a look at it elsewhere, such as Firefox. This happens no matter how high-quality I make it (the file sizes that come out are honestly ridiculous) and I haven't found any settings so far that do anything to correct this.

Pre-CS Photoshop never once did this to me without me specifically degrading the image quality, and this has gotten so annoying that I don't even bother using Photoshop's 'Save', I just screenshot it and crop the image out.

(Mac OS X Tiger, CS1.)

admin answers:

You're working in Adobe RGB, not sRGB. It's a different colorspace. A color space tells the operating system how to convert to convert the numeric values in the JPEG file to colors on your screen. Different color profiles have different mappings.

Broswers don't look at color profiles, that's why your images look muddy. Before saving, you'll want to convert (not assign) to profile/sRGB.

George asks…

How to change neighborhood menu picture on Sims 2?

I know this question has been asked before, but I am having trouble changing the picture of my neighborhood in Sims 2 appear in the start up menu. I tried following the directions given before:

Take a screenshot
Change to 300 x 225 pixels and save as .png
Save to My Documents>EA Games>Sims 2>Neighborhoods>(My neighborhood's file).

ps. I have a Mac. Not sure if this might affect things. I highly doubt it would, but I just thought I would mention it.

I thought I did everything right, but the picture is not coming up when I open the menu. Suggestions? Thank you in advance for your help! :)

admin answers:

"ps. I have a Mac. Not sure if this might affect things. I highly doubt it would, but I just thought I would mention it. "
^ There's your problem. Install Linux over that and it should work fine.

Robert asks…

Picture to Photoshop?

so i took this picture on my mac and i decided i wanted to edit it to turn it into a JPEG file. its saved on my computer and i cant find out how to put the picture on PS, its saved as a Screenshot photo
i have CS4

admin answers:

Open a Finder window and locate the screenshot file, right click on it and go to Open With. Default will likely be Preview, but Photoshop will be a bit further down in the list.

If you used Photo Booth to take the initial picture, you can bypass the screenshot stage for a better result: click on the image you want to edit in the filmstrip, go to File>Reveal in Finder and from there right click on the file and go to Open With.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment