Sunday, January 15, 2012

Questions About How To Tie A Tie

Sandy asks…

My 17 year old son doesn't know how to tie his shoes. Is there something wrong with him?

or tell time on a clock. he's not a retard or anything, but he's a bit slow, and he doesn't know how to tell time on a clock or tie his own shoes. I have to do it for him every morning. is that weird? should I be concerned?
I can't show him anything on youtubre because he doesn't know how to operate a computer.

admin answers:

He should have been able to do both 10 -12 years ago. Yes, you should be concerned.

Jenny asks…

How do you tie this bow tie from a neck tie?

i think this is a bow tie tied from a regular necktie. i wanted to know how to tie it? please help me out. thank you. here is the pic.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/22710816405413073101650.jpg/

admin answers:

That's a regular necktie for sure. I already tried that to my brother I just followed some instructions I found over the internet and it really work. It's a little bit confusing at first but if you do it everyday you will used to it. You can read this article at http://www.ehow.com/how_4849857_tie-out-of-neck-tie.html on how to make your ordinary necktie to a bow tie.

Althea C.

Mark asks…

heard bound?? wont tie?

15yr old mare already knows how to tie, and just came to the new barn and is being..somewhat heard sour. Good ground manners, im still establishing myself as the boss..I have only been with her 2 days.and she is getting pushy and ancy about being back to the herd. especially when she cant see them.
The only place I have to tie her is a pole facing a wall....and she knows how to tie, ties fine...has tied plenty of times...but when I tie her she just keeps looking at the heard, then moving her haunches around so she is facing them, and then moves all around. Then starts pawing. and its really irritating. I just make her get her attention on my by moving her head back to the center of her body, then moving her haunches so shes facing the wall. but she immediatly ignors me again, mvoes her haunches and looks over at the other mares again. and then paws and gets ancy about going back to them...

Is she just adjusting?? Should I just keep tying her and keep doing what im doing till she gets over it?? I am riding her tomarrow...and am not scared to be on her- its more on the ground as she is 17 hands. EVen though she has good ground manners walking, as soon as I tie her its like bam there she goes pawing, turning, ignoring me etc...help me!!!!

Is this just her adjusting time???? I had a mare do the same thing a while ago, but it wasnt as bad....and I just did what I am doing with this one and she was over it like that. Idk what to do.. and i am scared to just leave her tied and let her figure it out as some people may suggest. I am not setting up a bad situation like that
i dont have a choice- i have to tie her to this pole and thats that. I would have someone hold her, but I plan on keeping her around for 6 months of so, so I want this problem to be fixed.
As for the whip idea- isnt that what I am doing now? But with a whip- I dont want to use a whip, but basically I will just move her haunches back to the center so shes faving the wall when she moves rite?? Then praise her?
like I said- sorry..but I dont want to set up a dangerous situation like leaving her tied and letting her figure it out. I would prefer to step in and take control of the situation rather than make her figure it out.

admin answers:

If you've just moved her to this facility, and you are her new owner, then I would turn her out and let her finish sorting out the herd pecking order before worrying about whether there are herd sour issues. She is adapting to too many things at once, and it can manifest in health and behavioral issues. She needs time to adapt and establish a secure position in the herd.

I would spend an hour maximum with the horse each day keeping her attention on me as we go through ground exercises with the herd in sight. I like to keep them busy thinking of what I am asking and getting feedback for their responses. I would include training her to square up and ground tie in every session. When I can leave the horse standing square and ground tied in the middle of the arena and walk away, and she is not moving or resting a foot or walking off, but just watching me, I would then take her out of sight of the herd to work on the same ground exercises.

I would not be leaving her standing tied next to a wall, which teaches her nothing. I see no point in tying her up facing a wall, bored and thinking of the herd. You need to keep her actively engaged in real work that is easy for her to perform and succeed at, and that you are involved in and actively communicating with her.

Joseph asks…

POLLS: Do you know how to tie a tie??? (Tie knot)?

Question says it all.

admin answers:

Nope.

William asks…

Is it still necessary to wear a tie to an interview for a software position?

Last few times I interviewed, I felt a little weird wearing a tie. The companies I have worked for have very loose dress codes. No one wears ties to work and many people were khakis, nice jeans, nice shirts but that is it. I'm not sure I can even remember how to tie a tie.

admin answers:

Yes. It's better to overdress than underdress and you'll stand out as someone who cares about the job. If you come in underdressed for the interview, this will say a lot about your feeling of the importance of the job and not in a good way. As was said earlier, dress a step above and dress for the job you want, not the job you are using to get in the door.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment