Saturday, January 7, 2012

Questions About How To Install Minecraft Mods Mac

Sharon asks…

minecraft, mod, mac, how to install?

i have a mac, minecraft beta 1.8.1 and want to install the aether mod. can i just follow instructions for 1.7? I'm pretty sure you can't, as in it won't work with then new updates but if there is a way to do this on a mac, could somebody please tell me? or at least point me to somebody who can?

admin answers:

You would need to downgrade your Minecraft version or wait until they create he Aether mod for 1.9. I can't name off hand someone in particular, but YouTube always has lots of tutorials about everything on it, so try looking there.

I hope this helps!

Carol asks…

Are there any Minecraft 1.0.0 Mac mods? If yes, how to download + install? Thanks. 10 points.?

How to download mods? Is there a site with a whole list of mac mods that work with 1.0.0?
I am particularly interested in the ariplane mod. Thank You everyone who will answer

admin answers:

He was right....mostly. You go find your minecraft folder, go to "bin" find your minecraft.jar. Right click on it and select "open with" -"archive utility" and decompress it. It will turn it into a folder. You then go and grab all the files out of whatever mod you downloaded, and drag them in with the minecraft "folder" files, all the files that were left after the decompression. Now, there are a couple important things at this point. 1. Whatever mod you downloaded will most likely, I haven't run across a time when it didn't, need some sort of modloader or api, or something. It will tell you on the forum you downloaded it from. You need to get that and drag it's files into the same place. 2. After you have your mods, you need to find a folder amongst all the other int the minecraft "folder", the ones you decompressed. Once you have found this, go inside of it, and delete all Mojang_c files, anything that says that. Once done, go back to the inside of the minecraft folder, the same one you put the mods in, and select all the files, not the outside folder, right click, and select compress. It will turn into "archive.zip" delete the left over empty folder, and delete any other minecraft.jar that might still be there (on some computers it copies and decompresses.) now, with the archive back in the same spot your first found the "minecraft.jar" you need to rename the archive.zip to such "minecraft.jar" once completed, run your minecraft and enjoy, if you did it right!
It's always a good habit to save a back-up of your minecraft folder, or at least your minecraft.jar, just in case you mess anything up, or it turns out some mods are incompatible.
Sorry this was so long, but I wanted to include each step.

Donna asks…

How do you install the Zombiecraft mod for Minecraft?

I just got Mincraft so I am still new to it, and I am not sure how you install mods. I want to get the new Zombiecraft mod, but I do not know to steps to install it and everything, and I do not want to screw something up and loose my worlds and skins, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Also please note I am on a Mac, so I am not sure if that will affect anything. Thank you.

admin answers:

To not lose your world go to your %appdata% folder and then roaming, next copy your .minecraft folder into another place so you wont lose anything, Then when youve done that delete the .minecraft folder in the %appdata% roaming folder not the one you just created by backing it up, then redownload minecraft and install it again, download zombiecraft install it and then just run the .exe of zombiecraft and login to you minecraft account :)

Remember to backup your .minecraft folder first! :)

Robert asks…

How to add different items into toomanyitems MINECRAFT Mac?

How do I add different items into toomanyitems, like do you just download the mods and they install into it, or what?

admin answers:

TooManyItems is a great mod because you don't have to do anything! It reads all the different items and blocks you have in your .jar file every time your game loads and mods don't change the way this works. Just for proof, go to the link below and look at the toomanyitems bar being swamped by all the extra mods...

Tl;dr: Install it, then install other mods. It works.

Ken asks…

Why does my minecraft crash when I install ShockAhpi?

Ok, so I'm on a mac and am trying to get the Aether mod. When I try to install shockAhpi (100% sure I have the right version) I go into minecraft. It works and then I click on a save. It seems to work but then it says saving chunks and shows the game for a split second then quits. Can anyone tell me how I can get that in without crashing the game or an alternate way of installing the Aether mod?

admin answers:

You will need to remove the existing mods for your computer if available. Also try to check if you install the application that spreads viruses. Just be careful!

Good luck!

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment