Friday, January 27, 2012

Questions About How To Eat Pomegranate

Ken asks…

How do you eat a pomegranate?

I have heard a lot lately about the health benefits of eating pomegranates and i"d like to work them in to my diet. Do you peel it before eating? Eat the peel? What about the seeds? Recipes (easy recipes, please, I' ma terrible cook. Thanks. While I'm at it, what about Starfruit?Thanks again.

admin answers:

First you cut it open...there are clusters of red seeds...that is what you eat. Don't eat the peel. You can top your salad with pomegranate seeds or you can get some pomegranate juice to drink.

John asks…

Should you eat the seeds of the arils of a pomegranate or just the flesh surrounding the seed?

HOW am i supposed to eat pomegranates? Not like cutting them but like eating them. How?????

admin answers:

I LOVE pomegranates they're so good!! What most of the people I know do (and me) is eat the flesh, or chew on it, and spit out the seed. I don't think your supposed to eat the seed (like watermelons) but you can. I usually just get a cup and put all the seeds in there. It may seem gross but its actually kinda fun if you make a game out of it.

Lisa asks…

How to eat pomegranate?

shall i eat only the sweet seads or the white pulp as well? It tastes a bit too bitter and dry for my taste.

Shall I peel it? Cut it in half? Cook it?

admin answers:

Cut the fruit in half and eat the seeds.

I must say that it's almost not worth the trouble though - there are bits in the seeds which need to be spit out. It's like you barely get any decent amount of flesh!

Ruth asks…

Can an 18 month old eat Pomegranate seeds?

I have yet to open it so I don't know the size of the seeds. Obviously if they are a choking hazard I wont let him but I thought maybe I could mash them up or something.
How do you feed them to your toddler?
Thanks!
Do you know if I can freeze them? I thought I might buy a bunch and get us through the winter when they arent in season
I dunno what the season is! One website said it was a winter fruit the other said only fall and spring, who knows lol

admin answers:

Pomegranate seeds are about the size of a corn kernel with a seed about 1/2 that size in each one. You can not mash them because they are juice filled and it would be a mess. Also, from experience, you can not freeze them. They go mushy when they thaw and don't taste the same. It's disgusting. They are typically in season during fall and winter here in the US (they are actually a fruit that is imported from the middle east usually because it is where they are native).
Make sure that your child has the teeth to really chew it and doesn't swallow them instead and it should be fine.

Steven asks…

Proper Ways To Eat Pomegranate?

Ok so I eat pomegranate by, cutting off the top peeling as I go and spitting the seeds out. Its not the cleanest way to go, but I have no other idea how to eat them, I would like to know a proper way.
~So Help Me Someone~

admin answers:

In the bathtub so your clothes don't get stained

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment