Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Questions About How To Deactivate Facebook Forever

Thomas asks…

How do you close a facebook account forever?

If I no longer want any of my information to be stored by facebook, what do I need to do? I know that there is more to it than simply deactivating. When you deactivate facebook simply saves your information should you want to activate your account again. That to me isn't closing an account. Closing is permanent. So, how is this done?

admin answers:

Okay,
you know how to disable your account, good.

You want every post you have ever participated in to be gone forever?
This isnt so hard, but you will be taking a bit of time

Go to your profile page
Go to your wall
hover your mouse over each entry
see the word "remove"
click and follow prompts

Now every reference that post was made to vanishes forever, others walls, news feeds everything.

Good luck hope to see you back

Best Regards,
Jer

Mary asks…

Why won't Facebook let my deactivate my account?

I couldn't sign in so I tried to change my password, then that made it worse because it never sent my the confirmaiton code to finish it. Now I don't know what name my account is under. Just help me get the hell out of there. Any direct contact emails. I've used the help bar but it doesn't address why I'm not able to log in. I have the instructions of how to do it, but I can't so anything because I can't log in to the account I want to deactivate. WTF I'm trapped in Facebook forever.

admin answers:

Hi,

Contact police!
THAT is YOUR ACCOUNT, not FACEBOOK OWNER'S account. You HAVE RIGHT to deactivate.

Hope helps.

Laura asks…

Question about deactivating my Facebook?

Please, first off- be nice :)

Due to some personal issues, I've deactivated my Facebook. I don't need it in my life right now, it's far too addicting and time consuming. I'm sure some of you would agree (but please don't answer just to bash Facebook). Anyway, when I feel that it's right I will in fact reactivate. I have almost 800 friends and have made some good memories, etc. on Facebook. I want it all to be saved, which it is.

However upon looking up deactivation policy I'm sort of confused. Some sites say two weeks (even on Facebook), other sites don't specify. Like, on one of Facebook's pages about deactivation policy it says something about two weeks, but other pages on Facebook's site do not specify and make it seem as you can keep it deactivated as long as you want. I will be gone from Facebook for who knows how long. It could be weeks, or months. Lets say I don't get back on Facebook for four months. If I sign in, will my information be there? Again I don't want to get rid of my Facebook forever, I just want to temporarily get rid of it. I'll be back, but if it is a two week period before your account is permanently deleted I'll sort of be upset. I don't want to have to reactivate and then deactivate every two weeks, just to keep my profile. I find that silly, especially since deceased persons on Facebook have their profiles there forever, even though they haven't signed in. Almost the same as deactivating.

Can anyone help me on this? Is there this "two week" time period or can I go without using it for however long I want?
can you shut up CQ-DX? I again said to be nice and not to bash Facebook. It's a social website and the point is to stay connected with people. I have known each of those people on a very personal level at one point or another in my life. While I do not see them all daily I am still interested in their life. Mark Zuckerburg never thought his website would get that big. It's not a marketing ploy and they aren't evil people. Facebook never did advertising. It got to where it is today because people like using their service. If you don't like it don't use it and don't take the time to comment on a question about Facebook.

Thank you to the rest of the answers. I am still unsure of what the real deal is, but I guess I will find out when I reactivate my Facebook when I am ready to do so.

admin answers:

When you deactivate your account, your profile and all its associated information are immediately made inaccessible to other Facebook users. Although this means that you effectively disappear from the service, your information will remain saved by Facebook so that you can reactivate your account whenever you want.

Maria asks…

Facebook break or Facebook withdrawal?

I deactivate my Facebook account three weeks ago because 1) it was disrupting my school life and 2) it's starting to lose appeal to me. I told my friends and myself that I'll leave Facebook for a month so that I can have more time to focus on school. A month is almost up and I can't decided if I want to go back or not. I kind of think that a lot of things on Facebook are stupid, annoying and too immature for me. Now I actually wouldn't mind leaving Facebook forever. But the trouble is I have made about a dozen online friends there and I stayed in touch with weekly before I deactivated my account. I would like to keep in touch with them but I don't know how they would take it if I ask them for their e-mail address to stay in touch with them. I don't know if some of them would mind. We are online pals but I think some of them are still quite private when it comes to personal information and such. So what should I do? I want to leave FB but I don't want to lose them.

admin answers:

Just explain to them that you're leaving facebook because you don't want one anymore, and that if they'd like to stay in touch they can email you at any time (then provide your email address) or add you on msn or whatever you want, but that if they don't want to that you understand why and that it's been nice getting to know them.
Then the ball is in their court and its ultimately up to them. If they don't want to stay in touch out side of facebook, there's not much you can do if you want to get rid of your facebook.

Mandy asks…

how can i erase my facebook account forever?

I know how to deactivate the account but i want to fully eradicate.

admin answers:

This very point was covered by "Computeractive" Magazine (it's a UK computer magazine) in the issue of 19. March - 1. April 2009 (p43). This is what the magazine said:
(1) Got a Facebook account and want to get rid of it? For most people, the first step would be to click the Settings button on the Facebook menu bar and then click on the Deactivate link at the bottom of the settings list. However, this doesn't actually remove the account - instead, it puts it into cold storage, preserving all the settings and personal information in case anyone has a change of heart. Lots of people don't fancy the idea of having that info tucked away somewhere, just in case.
(2) To completely delete a Facebook account, use the browser's Back button to return to the main Facebook page and then click the Help link. When the page opens, type 'delete' into the search box at the top and then press Return. After a moment, Facebook will display a set of instructions that explain what to do and what happens to the account. Read these carefully and then proceed by clicking the 'here' link at the end of the paragraph.
(3) At the next screen, click the Submit button to continue and then at the next screen, type in the password associated with the account that's going to be deleted and then type in the required capture words. This is now the last chance to cancel. Still want to delete the Facebook account? Click the Okay button and after a moment the Permanently Delete Account dialogue box appears. Click Okay to finish up. Note that Facebook still retains the data for a further 14 days. Don't log on during that period and on day 15 the data gets zapped - forever.
That's what "Computeractive" Magazine said about deleting a Facebook account. I've never been on Facebook, so I haven't tried these instructions, but I have no reason to think that they won't work. "Computeractive" advice is very reliable. Best of luck.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment