Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Questions About How To Draw Anime Characters

Nancy asks…

How to draw young anime characters?

does anyone know a website that will tell and show me how to draw anime characters that are children(preferably a female child)
and also tell me how to draw..
-the face
-the body
-the eyes
-the hair
basically everything?

admin answers:

Search google for 'manga tutorials' :) have fun!

Mandy asks…

Whats The Best Way To Learn How To Draw Anime Characters Or Characters Like It If Your New To Drawing It?

I recently wanted to start drawing Anime Characters because i really love the types of characters that can be created and i need tips on the best way to learn how to draw it if you haven't before.

admin answers:

Copying animes you like. Keep copying the same mangaka until you get a feel for their style. In my case I drew multiple mangaka at the same time and now my style is a bit funky, but try your best, I've found my own style. Oh, and a problem you might run into is drawing the hands/fingers. Good luck with that!

Linda asks…

Sites that show you how to draw anime characters online?

What are some sites that show you how to draw anime characters online with MS pain?

admin answers:

Http://www.mangatutorials.com/

http://web.njit.edu/~cbb3/tech_wri/manual.html

i use those!

Donald asks…

How to draw Anime characters and settings?

I ♥ Anime, Kawaii and all that, but i wanna know how you draw like it? I can KIND of draw like it but i want help; 10 points best answer... And i want pictures and steps please, but knowledge will be fine. x

admin answers:

Sorry, I can't give any links, but at most bookstores, you can find manga/anime instructions for drawing it. I recommend "How To Draw Manga", which is a skinny, blue paperback book. It REALLY Helps.

Chris asks…

How do the people who draw anime characters do so their characters dont look like others from other series?

How do you think they do these, do they browse through all the other series to see if theres a character that looks like the one they draw. I dont think it works that way but im sure they have some kind of method right?

admin answers:

Most artists probably don't think all their chars look alike. They probably think they're all unique and special (like most teenagers fancy themselves, ohh!). Some of my favorite manga artists really seem to evolve over time. Others just slap on different hairstyles. Chars that have the same "base" generally can be told apart by (1) eye shape (2) hair or (3) outfit.

Yuu Watase is one of those artists that kills me. ALL of her male leads look the same. I was reading Imadoki and was stuck on a page where I couldn't tell the older brother apart from the younger brother. At some point she started making the older brother's hair lighter so people could tell.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is Rumiko Takahashi's unique style. Any anime fan could tell her chars apart and she's had several looong running and popular titles. The chars, although done in a particular style, all seem to have their own personality. See Uresei Yatsuro, InuYasha, and Ranma 1/2 for reference.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment