Monday, January 9, 2012

Questions About How To Crochet A Baby Blanket

Robert asks…

How can you disinfect a hand crochet baby blanket.?

While working on a baby blanket for a new arrival some nasty illness made their rounds at my house. Is there a way to disinfect the item without harming it?

admin answers:

Hand wash it in the sink, use color bleach and hot water. Works great

Carol asks…

Can I sew satin binding to a crochet baby blanket?

if not how do i attach it?

admin answers:

I tack it on first and then I use a sewing maching to do it. It is hard but it CAN be done if you take your time. GOOD LUCK!!!!
:O)

Ken asks…

Looking the easiest site/u tube In how to crochet a baby blanket?

Is pregnant and never crocheted before but would like to crochet a blanket.

admin answers:

You need to practice before taking on such a large project.

Http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=3&oq=learn+to+crochet&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS260US260&q=learn+to+crochet+baby+blanket#q=learn+to+crochet+baby+blanket&hl=en&rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS260US260&prmd=iv&source=univ&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&ei=HOuITN2HKNCLnQePpsHkDA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=5&ved=0CC0QqwQwBA&fp=5d0b50e146560710

Maria asks…

crochet baby blanket question?

I'm crocheting a baby blanket. When I finish it I would like to add a little fringe on the ends. But I also want to be able to machine wash it without the ends fraying out. The yarn I am using says it's ok to machine wash and dry on delicate cycles, but I don't know how to keep the ends of the fringe from fraying. But I do want to be able to throw it in the wash when I need to, without having to spend too much time on it to dry. Any tips? Also, how long should fringe be? I haven't done it much.

admin answers:

I have never tried to wash an afghan with fringe, so I can't tell you how it would wash. However, whether it frayed or not would depend on the type of yarn. I would try and wash it in a front loading washer (like at a laundromat) just to be safe. Make sure the knots that tie the fringe to the afghan are tight too. Sometimes they come loose.

As for how long to make the fringe, make it LONG. Cut the initial length of yarn at least eight inches. (I prefer ten or twelve inches.) Remember that you have to fold it in half and when you knot it, you will lose a little of the length that way too. An eight inch length of yarn would work out to be about three inch fringe. Personally, I think longer fringe looks better. Plus, if you don't cut it straight, you have more to work with and it won't be so short.

~Happy Crocheting!~

Sharon asks…

how big should i crochet a baby blanket?

how big should i crochet a baby blanket? Im going to make my friend a baby blanket and im not sure what size i should make it. I was thinking between 32"x32" but my friend asked if i could make it a little bigger than that so how big should i make it?

admin answers:

I generally do 45x45. First of all, it will shrink a little in the wash. Also, babies stay tiny for such a short time. If it is bigger, they can enjoy it when baby is a toddler. Finally, the extra size helps make wrapping the child more secure.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment