Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Questions About How To Be A Gentleman Review

Linda asks…

How do you pick what club to go to if their in a city 200+miles away?Can U use the net to review clubs before?

I've been going to the same clubs in my area for years need a change. Thinking about trying some clubs in Tennessee.How do I pick the clubs I want to go to before hand on-line? really need to do research so I go to the right clubs and not waste time, gas and money. I'm looking for a few good gentleman's club(strip).

admin answers:

Use the website http://www.tuscl.net - The ultimate strip club list. This has lots of reviews and also provides the cover charge and lap dance cost in each club

Mark asks…

What's the best 'How to be a gentleman' book?

There are a lot on Amazon.com, and all have a lot of mixed reviews. Thanks for your help.

admin answers:

The Modern Gentleman: A Guide to Essential Manners, Savvy and Vice by: Phineas Mollod.

Thomas asks…

Can anyone review Louis the Rogue?

has anyone been to Louis the Rogue in Washington DC, a gentleman's club, and can you tell me how you liked it/is it safe?

admin answers:

Not good

Betty asks…

Is this gentleman interested in me?

Resolved QuestionShow me another »
Is this man interested in me?
I just transferred to a state university from a major private university. One of my professors, who is also my pre-law adviser, and I have talked on quite a few occasions about the classes I should take and an internship I am involved in. We have many common interests, goals, and hobbies. I find myself thinking more and more about this gentleman with each day.

I always walk up the four flights of stairs to go meet a friend after class and he always walks up the stairs behind me but catches up to me after every class period. He generally talks about random things and smiles incessantly at me. He also tells me how intelligent, mature, responsible, sweet, kind, and caring I am almost every time we talk in his office. We only have a few more days until our final and I won't have him for any more classes, we've also set up an appointment for me to review my final exam in his office after the semester is over. Is he interested in me? If so, how should I proceed? Keep in mind, I'm not looking for a fling like a ditzy college student. I generally only date older men in the legal field, and I am genuinely interested in him as a person. Do you think he is interested in me? If so, how should I proceed?

admin answers:

He is certainly interested in you and of course you can see that for yourself. If he is single and you would like to spend more time with him then accept any suggestions he comes up with that would lead to that happening.

Laura asks…

short story , please review?

A letter came .It said I was hired!!!!!!!!!

I had been appointed as Editor to the countries main broadsheet. A job I never applied for. Curious! Perhaps they had come to their senses and accepted my weekly grumbles in the reader’s column about the ills of the publication and the world at large. The letter said I was to report to work on Monday.

On Monday at 8.30 AM dressed in my best tie I reported the offices to of The Daily Wire.
Upon introduction of my purpose at their offices to the receptionist, I found myself seated next to two Gentlemen. They seemed unsure of themselves and were shifting uneasily, watching the receptionist with the corner of their eyes.

An intercom buzzed. The receptionist answered it and mumbled something into the receiver. She then got out of her seat and said “Mr. John Smith you can go in through that door “and smiled broadly, while pointing towards the door to the left of me. I stood up from the seat and entered the door way.

The receptionist smiled broadly as she walked through the office until we came to a large conference room which seemed to have been made smaller by the large oval desk that covered the length and breath of the room. One half of the table was full of creatures that hushed themselves as we made an entrance. I assumed they were my future minions. The other half of the table was empty save the plush leather chairs that stood by it.

These are the Messer’s John Smith, Said the secretary, grinning at the gathering.

Messer’s? There was nothing plural about me. I was very much THE John Smith in the room. Or so I thought before turning around. The two gentlemen from the reception had followed us and were now shaking hands with those across the table, introducing themselves as John Smith.

Flabbergasted and confused; I followed suit.

The Non John Smith side of the table had an elected Speaker. He told us to sit down .We did.

‘I am the Editor in chief, Paul Astor; we are very pleased to have you three gentlemen joining us as Editors today’.

I couldn’t contain myself any longer.

‘Might I say there seems to be some sort of mistake? Because I am the one who got the letter of appointment. I am your new Editor?’

The other two John Smith’s looked incredulously.

‘No I am’ they chorused. They turned to each other with shock and then at myself.

Something smelt quite fishy here.

‘We all seem to be’ said I as I observed the gaggle of faces before us.

‘I can understand your confusion gentleman let me explain better. We at the newspaper recently discovered that you three gentleman were writing more articles to the paper than anyone else. We also realized that each of you caused more controversy amongst the readers with your opinions that all seemed very liberal and always seemed to open up debate and ultimately sell more news papers. We wanted you on our side, so we decided to hire the three of you’

How can all three of us be Editors at the same time? ‘Said the stouter John Smith next to me.

‘Well you all have the same name, very identical writing styles and almost the same opinions on most things, so the way we see it John Smith the editor could do three times the work of John smith in the singular’

I didn’t know if I was supposed laugh or cry at the proposition. It isn’t every day that you become editor of the Daily Wire! the proposition still seemed sweet to me . It sure beat, selling train tickets.

A very long pause. Fidgeting …

The stouter John Smith, rose up from the chair ‘

‘I am sorry Ladies and Gentleman, I won’t be able to take this appointment I will not be comfortable sharing my job with anyone else’.

After shaking his hand and bidding the room goodbye he walked out of the room.

Silence set in again .Uncomfortable silence until the other John smith who was still left next to me, looked at Mr. Astor and meekly mumbled

How much will this position pay?’

Sixty Five thousand pounds, excluding benefits and bonuses!

Lean John Smith turned pale.

‘But but ...he stammered’

Clearing his voice he said he couldn’t take the job and walked out.

All though his murmurings were faint I gathered that sixty grand was less than he made in two months.

Then there was me. I was the only one left!

As lean John smith departed from the room, the non john smiths all broke out into applause.

‘Congratulations Mr. Smith said Mr. Astor’

‘Looks like you are our new Editor! You passed our test!’

‘What test?’

‘We wanted to test if you really wanted the Job Mr. Smith. For years we had admired your articles and opinions. Once on the tube I overheard a lady who always seemed to carry a red bag telling her companion that the only reason she bought our paper daily is to check if john smith had anything published. I observed this regularly. I remember her very distinctly because she always carried a thick red bag which was always too large for her to contain in one seat. We seemed to
We seemed to catch the tube at the same time most evenings. I have watched her read your submissions every week. She often declares that the only reason she buys the newspaper is to read your articles. One day she even had all the rest of the passengers laughing at your witty comments. I am not a stupid man Mr. Smith.
. I wanted that for our magazine but I also wanted to know if you wanted the Job. That is why we hired Messer’s john smith one and two, who are actually junior reporters for our magazine to do a spot of acting for us. We wanted to know if you wanted the Job or not .Now we know you do! So welcome to The Wire!’

I had a hard time adjusting to what I was hearing. A lady in a train wanting to read my articles?. I couldn’t help but feel quite chuffed at my luck, strange as it seemed.

At this point the only thing sensible for me to do was accept the Job. So I did. Mr. Astor said I was to come first thing on Tuesday to my new office to take up work .As I left the office building I passed a corner shop; I caught sight of my wife. She had no idea that I was watching her. She seemed anxious and was observing the doorway of THE WIRE. Then it struck me. Her bag was red! It always was.

admin answers:

I'm a little confused about what this is supposed to sound like. I mean, that idea is ridiculous... Practically, it does not work... There is no way someone would be told that they were "hired" for some job they did not apply for etc... HowEVER, if this entire story is supposed to sound very surreal and very strange, it could work with some fixing up. Your writing is not always clear or necessarily as descriptive as it could be... John Smith is supposed to be very intelligent (as he writes to the paper continuously and, apparently, very well), but this isn't reflected in his thoughts or actions. If this is to be first-person, as it is, you need to go into much greater detail about what he is thinking, his internal reactions to his strange surroundings... If you want this story to come across as surreal, it needs to sound as though your narrator is being very specific about what he is thinking and feeling so that we know, definitively, if what is happening around him is SUPPOSED to be very strange to him or to us.

To know what kind of surrealistic writing I'm talking about... Read Eating Mammals by John Barlow (it's three novellas... I'm thinking specifically of the one about the man who eats stuff for a living... Don't read that story if you have a weak stomach though), Coraline by Neil Gaiman or anything by Franz Kafka, especially Metamorphosis. Become familiar with those writers and you'll see what I mean.

Besides that... If this story is supposed to be surreal, strange... I like the touch at the end where his wife is carrying the red bag. I think if you had built up to that conclusion a little differently it could have worked out very well.

I actually honestly believe, though, that this story could be REALLY interesting if you paid more attention to style and generally by fixing it up... So I'm going to say that, if you'd like, you can e-mail me at cadbury_creme_eggs at hotmail dot com if you would like further criticism and maybe some collaborative effort :) I really want to see this story worked on, because I think it has real potential.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment