Thursday, January 5, 2012

Questions About How To Enable Javascript In Ie

Linda asks…

How do I keep IE users from having to enable javascript?

Trying to implement a chart onto a page. When tested in IE javascript needs to be enabled. I'm getting the code from: http://www.explainingmortgages.com/rates/
When i go to there site javascript does not have to be enabled and the chart is still visible. Why is that and is there a work around?

admin answers:

The code example on that page is javascript and the user has to have javascript enabled to run the javascript. It's as simple as that.

The website itself (http://www.explainingmortgages.com/rates/) does not contain any javascript and they probably use server side scripting to display the chart. Because they only supply you with a javascript option, your users must have javascript enabled.

George asks…

How do I find out whether javascript is enabled or not on my IE browser?

When I download tutorials from a site, the download seems fine, but when I play it there is no sound, and I get a notice to check if javascript is enabled in my browser. I have no idea how to check this. Help please!!

admin answers:

Java.com, update there up to date, it will set on active by default

John asks…

javascript proving a right hassle ps3?

When go to i nternet explorer for ps3 it says it cant find java or javascript enabled as ie needs this.
Or find an browser that will take it however put google into search it appears.
Cant download it as need to find a save destination how can this be done please?
Got to tools enable java but it still does the same thing, ps3 home, everything else ps3 store works but not the ie browser done search for java and it finds nothing how can correct this and fix the internet browser so its up and running

Also bit unlreated but can games for ps3 from lovefilm be downloaded if so how or are they just rental in post

admin answers:

You can't download files on a PS3 like you would on your computer.

The only option would be to use your computer as a media server and share the files with your PS3. I recommend PS3 Media Server. Install it on your computer and add the folders you want to share with your PS3. Your media server will show up on the PS3 and you can stream or download those shared files to your PS3.

Joseph asks…

How can I stop the IE alert for javascript?

Whenever I use javascript in my code, Internet Explorer 6 displays an annoying alert and asks if I want to enable the script. I don't have problem with that, but when I am building pages with javascript, I want them to be friendly to online IE 6 users.

So is there any piece of code that I can include in my page and disable the IE javascript alert? Or something else?

I am sure that there is a trick, because there are so many sites with javascript and IE doesn't complain when it loads them...

admin answers:

There is a trick: it's called "write safe code".

With 5 versions of IE (3.2, 4, 5, 6, and 7), several Mozilla and Netscape browsers, as well as Opera, Gecko and ... The lot, you can never prevent things from going wrong.

Always declare your variables.

Don't assume certain browsers will perform certain actions.

Don't check for browser names or versions - people can change those.

William asks…

How can I enable my javascript?

I am trying to use e-messenger.net and it says I have to enable my javascript. I check on every part regarding to java in my IE options and Firefox but nothing happens. I am accessing to this site through cantblock.us because I am behind a proxy at work

admin answers:

Java and Javascript are not the same thing. Check for Javascript only.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment